Appeals which have been closed.
Smenlly_Birb

Perma banned by NecromancerAnne for first offense meta gaming

Post by Smenlly_Birb » #546844

BYOND account: <Smenlly_Birb>
Character name: River Riverwood
Ban type: Meta gaming/Metacommunication
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Metacommunication with Caker and CroagunkTimes. Given that they were not directly involved but I cannot ascertain if they're at fault for the matter, I've given them the opportunity to appeal in at least 3 months time with a good recommendation from another server. If you wish to appeal this ban, please head here:https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/index.php
Time ban was placed: This ban (BanID #46131) was applied by NecromancerAnne on 2020-03-03 02:46:51
Server you were playing on when banned: Bagil
Round ID in which ban was placed: round ID 131400
Your side of the story: Im playing a basic SEC officer when my friend Byond username: Caker over discord ask my other friend Byond username: CroagunkTimes to give him his ID. Caker was a Wizard and CroagunkTimes was a assistant, keep in mind CroagunkTimes has played space station 13 for about 5 hours total (max) and has little to no clue what the ID does. NecromancerAnne sees this and ask them both what they were up to, To NecromancerAnne's defense neither of them took this very seriously and treated this as a joke Caker saying things such as: "Croagunktimes is my gay lover","My gay lover is in the room with me playing", or "My mom is in the room watching me play". After about a while of them talking about admin chat (which is an out of character topic I would assume) I hear that Caker is getting a perma ban and Croagunktimes is getting a week ban. Another thing to note is that NecromancerAnne did ask them both if they were talking to anyone else in OOC. Croagunktimes says that he does not know our in game names but says the best he can do is our beyond names being Caker, Smenlly_Birb and Weisthe. I message NecromancerAnne, which to my knowledge already knew I was talking to Caker and Croagunktimes, why Caker is getting a perma for a (what I would consider) minor offense and not only that a first time offense. NecromancerAnne who now is messaging me saying that I will be getting a perma ban for the (as I understand it) assumption that I was helping them with Meta gaming or Metacommunication. So now im getting a banned for Metacommunication after I asked an admin why my friend is getting banned (which once again to my assumption is an OOC topic) and after they have been given beyond username by Croagunktimes. Keep in mind the only time they messaged me was after I questioned him about the ban. So if he wanted to ban me for Meta game/metacommunication why did he only message me after I asked why someone else is getting banned. After about 3 back and fourth messages with NecromancerAnne I am banned from the server with little to no clarification or evidence (that I did anything in game with them, which i didnt only time I interacted with one of them is when I crossed paths with Croagunktimes in the main hallway) about what I had done wrong.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I believe that I should get unbanned because I was unfairly banned for the assumption of helping other users meta game/was participating in meta communication to gain an unfair advantage over other players. I believe I play nearly necessary roles that are under played (such as botanist) in game to prevent the stations inevitable shit storms from happening which I believe to be a good example of RP. Out of my fairly limited time playing the game I dedicated it to Bagil . I really enjoyed my time on this server and I feel that my time being cut short for asking a question is unjust. I had developed some really memorable experiences playing and I would like to keep playing and gaining and forming valuable memories of this server.
References of good conduct: Due to me being fairly new to SS13 I have not gotten much time to experience other servers and the short time that I have played this game I have only played on TG Bagil. Once again I have really enjoyed my time on this server and would be very sad if I could not continue playing with this amazing community. Thank you for reading my ban appeal and im looking foward to seeing your replies.
Edit: Removed a "/" from server forum link.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Re: Perma banned by NecromancerAnne for first offense meta gaming

Post by NecromancerAnne » #546935

Hi, I'm not quite ready to deal with this just yet, but who is Weisthe? There was a fourth person?
Smenlly_Birb

Post by Smenlly_Birb » #546939

You already had his name Croagunktimes already gave you all of our names. If you want to see the full list of people we were playing with you can go back and look at what Croagunktimes sent you. Besides Neither me or Weisthe interacted with Caker or Croagunktimes the whole round.
Smenlly_Birb

Post by Smenlly_Birb » #547091

The rule you are a cussing me of breaking (Rule 2. Dont use outside information gained outside of character means.) I did not break I never asked either of the people in question (Caker and Croagunktimes) to help me IC or OOC like I said before I barely interacted with them that round the only time I had anything close to an interaction with one of them was when I passed by Croagunktimes in a hallway, unless that is an advantage some how.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #547363

So, where to start. So, both you and Caker have notes acknowledging your friendship and potential communication for the sake of teaching you specifically about the rules of the game.

Unfortunately for you, your friend Caker used your outside means of communication to actually, deliberately metagame. Your little troupe basically stated as much in ahelps, and uh, you messaged me before I messaged you because your friends told you what was happening. Which is a really, really bad move for trying to claim you aren't metacomming. Your friends gave each other an ingame advantage, and specifically it was Caker preying on your mate CroagunkTimes ignorance of the game. So as someone part of this group, you take the fall with the rest of them. If you wanted to play the game, you shouldn't need to do so while in a voice chat with all your friends in the same game. Especially since it was very clear your friend WASN'T aiming to teach you the game in this instance.

All of this is actually permaban worthy and generally speaking, it is one of the few rules we will straight up permaban on first offense if we catch you. CroagunkTimes has basically gotten away with murder as far as leniency goes, but you got noted for this already and it is assumed at that point you have read and understood our rules. Sorry bud, there isn't really much I can do, the appeal is going to be denied.

You however have a great opportunity now to go have a look around the SS13 community and see what other servers and maybe see if you can find yourself a reference of good conduct while you're out there. You have been given a three month span to come back with at least one reference from another server from their head administrators or similar authority with at least a 'he didn't metacomm with anyone that we know of and his conduct has been tolerable'.

Hopefully that sounds reasonable to you. Because your friend has really fucked you over and you need to have a good, long talk with Caker about throwing his friends under a bus like he has. Being an accomplice is not fun, I'm sure.
Smenlly_Birb

Post by Smenlly_Birb » #547384

So just being in a discord call with some one else is enough to get permabanned from the server?
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #547596

Smenlly_Birb wrote:So just being in a discord call with some one else is enough to get permabanned from the server?
It's enough to get permabanned from practically EVERY ss13 server actually.
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #547599

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:
Smenlly_Birb wrote:So just being in a discord call with some one else is enough to get permabanned from the server?
It's enough to get permabanned from practically EVERY ss13 server actually.
I can confirm that.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #548475

I'm not seeing a situation where a headmin's going to overturn this and it's been sitting for two days. Let me know if I need to re-open it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you