[Vekter] Xscha banned for the quick shoots

Appeals which have been closed.
fatmonkey26

[Vekter] Xscha banned for the quick shoots

Post by fatmonkey26 » #547221

BYOND account: Xscha
Character name: no clue, I just made him
Ban type: Banned for killings as an antag since it's MRP but i'll explain more of that
Ban length: 1 day server ban, but also some vaguely stated "short" antag ban I have no clue the length of.
Ban reason: Murderboned on Manuel out of what seems to be necessity. He also ended up killing his BB 'by accident'. going very easy on him since most of his kills were due to him being chased.
Time ban was placed: 2020-03-05 15:59:24
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel, or Sybil2 I think if that's the official term
Round ID in which ban was placed: 131570
Your side of the story: so, i'm an antagonist QM. security sees me ordering guns, they say hey, that's cool, just don't be shitters. I obviously don't tell them yes well i'm planning to murder a guy, so they let me have them, or so I thought. not one minute later HoS and detective wordlessly stroll up and HoS tries to stun me. he has me on the ground and I wiggle until I can stand, run to the backroom after running a considerable amount of time(I even am pretty sure I said "hey" or "stop" once but I can't say for sure) and shut the shutters on him, stunning him. I kill his ass, then the shutters I ran through opened. in my mind the guy walking through is the detective but in reality it's my BB in grey clothes(they look like the noir clothes you can get.) I shoot a fuel tank I think, because something exploded. and then I kill him when he's on the ground because once again, I thought he was noir clothes detective. I go to dump their bodies in lavaland, and wouldn't you know, I notice he's got the same name as my BB, he's my fucking blood brother. I keep him on the shuttle, and go dispose of the HoS. I go back to the shuttle, not only is my BB's corpse just gone, since it's been sent up and down multiple times i have no clue where it is, and then I go up, couple people waiting for me. I go through mining and take the labor shuttle up, which is my only other way to Space Station 13, and Lo and behold, there are security members there. my only option is to gunfight my way out of security, or go back to try the other shuttle, which, also has people guarding it. in any case, I kill the warden and detective, and go on through security out to space(if i'm missing any details here please tell me, this wasn't the most fun part). what ends up happening is I go out to space, come back on the station for a little bit and end up critting the chaplain, not killing him but critting him while he's near medical personell. meanwhile the admin in question who's playing a Migo under the guise of being a foreign exchange intern, is running around and reporting back to the crew where I am and what i'm doing, which is all fine and dandy, or so I thought. I leave the station to go to some other airlock, and that's where vekter decides that what I was doing was wrong, and scolds me like a child with rhetoric like "not acceptable. you've played long enough on the MRP server to know this stuff". I try to explain the scenario, including my BB getting killed and his mysterious body disappearance, and once again get patronized like i'm an idiot and just get told I'm going to be banned, so I handcuff a random guy and drag him into the hallway to give him my stuff. I then spontaneously die and I leave the server.
Why you think you should be unbanned: To be honest, I think I should be unbanned because this sounds bullshit. everything I have done was directed at security, excluding me critting the chaplain. I take full responsibility for the chaplain scenario, it doesn't cross my mind sometimes I'm playing MRP when it's lowpop, but yeah, the chaplain critting? my fault. However, the idea that any of my killing of security, as an antagonist, while security was actively trying to hunt me down, was in any way wrong? Is just in the fullest sense of the words fucking stupid. once again, my blood brother did NOT have a pink heart over him, like the admin in question said he should have. He burst into cargo backroom at an intense situation looking not like the cargo tech I knew him as for the game, but as a grey suited man. the admin patronizingly told me "you should know who your BB is, it tells you at roundstart". you cannot tell me that in a (video game) life or death scenario, i'm supposed to think "hey, wait, this guy who looks like an adversary actually might be my friend in disguise, let me try to follow his laggy character model so I can see his name and check if he's a friendl"- oh look, by now he's pulled out a baton and i'm stunned. it's just not reasonable. I even left his body and didn't loot him, and was going to make effort to make sure he comes back to life. there's no way I can prove that over words, you just have to trust that yes, I realized it was my blood brother, no, I don't have any motives to kill him, it was entirely an accident, and no, being treated like an incompetent child with "not acceptable" and quotation marks put over "accidentally" like i'm a liar, doesn't feel good, especially when it was honest. every other antagonist match i've done, I have no record of purposely killing teammates for purposes of flying solo or some stupid bullshit. I like having a teammate, and that's why I play blood brother enabled.
References of good conduct: reference the fact that the only people I shot harmed me, or blocked my access back to the station. exception being the chaplain yes, but I only shot him twice as to not kill him, and didn't go to chase him. the admin playing the migo, I shot at because he was following and reporting up on me. If you view my movements I was actively moving away from the migo out into space though, except when I came back from mining shuttle, where he was blocking my way along with others so I threw a couple rounds out and went back to lavaland. Reference the miner and the engineer and others that walked by that I did NOT murderbone because I wasn't murderboning, everything I did was to achieve my goals in a timely and realistically achievable manner. as I was supposed to decomission the AI, there was no way I was going to be able to with the way people were dispersed on the station. my plan was to create some sort of bomb and that's why I went down to chemistry, but the admin migo and chaplain are in the way. I killed all of security, if I wanted to murderbone I would've went rampaging flashing people and shooting them with my mosin, not critting someone and leaving while they are in the medical office. In good faith, before I even started antagonistic attacks, I had a conversation with my BB where it was apparent we were just doing our own thing and he seemed to be cool with me. I'm sure if I could've relayed my explanation to him, there wouldn't be misunderstanding, but I was never given that chance.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Vekter] Xscha banned for the quick shoots

Post by Vekter » #547223

I'm going to bed so I'll explain this better when I wake up.

E: Turns out the HUD icon was actually reverted a while back due to poor implementation. My apologies, had I known that the ban would have been much less severe.

I've asked another admin to remove your ban and I'll modify the note to be more accurate this evening.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
fatmonkey26

Post by fatmonkey26 » #547232

Vekter wrote:I'm going to bed so I'll explain this better when I wake up.

E: Turns out the HUD icon was actually reverted a while back due to poor implementation. My apologies, had I known that the ban would have been much less severe.

I've asked another admin to remove your ban and I'll modify the note to be more accurate this evening.
okay, thanks. honestly felt degrading when you acted like the hud thing was fact, and I told you I didn't see the pink heart. I knew what you were referring to, and I actually have seen it once before. I think it's kinda shit and ask that you just make sure before cutting my antag round short. thanks for clearing it up though, no hard feelings and all that jazz.
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #547243

Lifted the bans on Xscha for Vektor. Have fun!