GeeseMother
Byond Username: GeeseMother

[AtexHoffman69] GeeseMother - burrned

Post by GeeseMother » #547511

BYOND account: GeeseMother
Character name: Curtas Brown
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: As a non-rev during a rev round, was detonating meth grenades in the halls "trying to kill bears". Exploded a plasma man being detained by SEC. This is the last straw in a long string of poor behavior. Encouraged to play somewhere else and return when able to not be a detriment to the server.
Time ban was placed: 2020-03-07
Server you were playing on when banned: Event Hall
Round ID in which ban was placed: 131724
Your side of the story: I had joined late to see the station was quite fucked due to revs and traitors causing havoc. As a precaution I made some nades in chemistry just in case things got bad or to use in the shuttle at the end of the round. Later I was attacked by some bears and those traitor wasp things so I had to use one to save myself. I also used one to help a SEC officer who was being attacked by a plasma golem who had attacked many SEC officers and people before by lighting them on fire and hitting them. I also must say the station was fucked already.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't understand how what I did warrants a permanent ban, I get that my record isn't too good but I don't feel this ban was justified. I wasn't going out of my way to grief or disrupt people. I can see where blowing up the plasma golem was a bit far, but he was killing people and nearly killed the SEC officer that was trying to arrest him.
References of good conduct: I don't play on other servers.
AtexHoffman
Byond Username: AtexHoffman69

Re: [AtexHoffman69] GeeseMother - burrned

Post by AtexHoffman » #547662

Hello. Where to begin?

If this were an isolated incident, it would not warrant a permanent ban.

However, when taking into consideration your lengthy ban history and the fact that you are still on a two month probation from your previous ban, that's what I have decided to apply. The administration team has been exceptionally generous in providing you multiple chances to change your playstyle so that you might continue to play here, and every time you return it's another descent into grief, murder, and overescalation.

Your use of meth grenades this round is what caught my attention. As you may be aware, the use of explosives against even high threat antagonists (Wizard, Nuke Ops) is contingent upon ending the round, or else it's considered grief. Roaming the busy halls using explosives against hostile simplemobs is most certainly grief-y. You detonated no less than 3 of these grenades, including the last instance on a plasma golem, who at the time of your involvement, was already subdued by the sec officer you claim to be helping.

This permanent ban is more about you continuing to display a well established pattern of negative behavior, which includes detonating grenades in the halls. You have been given many chances, and this is the end of the road for you here.

This appeal is denied.
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #547663

GeeseMother wrote:I don't understand how what I did warrants a permanent ban
GeeseMother wrote:
Darkgenerallord wrote:I'll be holding to my prior offer as long as you're willing to agree you went too far.

"I made the offer to lower this from a permanent ban, and I'm holding to that with your consent. Here's my offer.

A week ban from Security roles, and you'll be put on probation for two months. If you can avoid causing any trouble until that point, then you're clear for the foreseeable future. If you *don't*, then you can consider this specific incident as your final warning."
ye I say it sounds good
From an appeal that hasn't even been moved into resolved...
GeeseMother
Byond Username: GeeseMother

Post by GeeseMother » #547791

Everything you say is true. I will go get wise and return once my mind is ready.
AtexHoffman
Byond Username: AtexHoffman69

Post by AtexHoffman » #547887

I'm looking forward to it.