Appeals which have been closed.
Zminda

[Vekter] Zminda - Clown-beating ban

Post by Zminda » #550894

BYOND account: Zminda
Character name: Damon Miller
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 12 hours (I know, I know)
Ban reason: As HoS, crit the clown because he slipped him, which resulted in another sec officer dying. Reduced due to the situation and the clown surviving.
Time ban was placed: 2020-03-23 12:09:17
Server you were playing on when banned: the dreaded Event Hall
Round ID in which ban was placed: 132877
Your side of the story: I think we can all agree that sec mains on Event Hall (yes, we exist) have it rough. I had 4 instances where non-antags gibbed me as HOS with no prior escalation either because of a metagrudge, or because of the shitcurity label which they place every single round for some reason. They all got away with it because no sane person wants to admin on Event Hall. So you can imagine how I felt when a medical doctor syringe gunned 1 of the 2 sec officers we had roundstart with syriniver, basically deleting his liver (great addition btw keep it up cobby), and then when I tried getting him to medbay as fast as possible, the clown kept slipping me. I forgot to mention the syringe gun incident to the admin because I was just confused. In my opinion this is proper escalation, but everyone has their own interpretation of rules I guess.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I beat the clown to crit, not kill him. I wanted to drag him to medbay but the lawyer did it for me. Beating someone wastes just as much time as putting them in a jail cell, and from my experience stops the conflict from escalating further. Space Law is a suggestion, not a rule, and I consequently ignore that rule every time I play.
References of good conduct: Many people can confirm that as HOS, after searching someone I arrested I just give them a talk and let them out unless they're a confirmed traitor or a blatant self-antag, which both the doctor and the clown were. Also snitches get the stitches.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Vekter] Zminda - Clown-beating ban

Post by Vekter » #550895

I think I should ask you, how many times did the clown slip you? The way it was worded and from what I saw, it was only once, but I've been wrong before.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Zminda

Post by Zminda » #550896

Honestly I don't really remember, it was a couple times when I just tried to leave and once or twice when I was fireman-carrying the sec officer
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #550898

Tell ya what, I think you understand the situation and that we would prefer you handling things with less lethality in the future. I'm going to go ahead and lift this ban given that the clown had been told to fuck off and continued anyway. I think you handled this a little heavy handedly, but I don't think I can really blame you given the situation.

Edit: Done, cause no trouble.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you