Appeals which have been closed.
srgmccool

[Doctor Brutality] Srg.Mccool - all i did was knock on some windows

Post by srgmccool » #551231

BYOND account: Srg.Mccool

Character name: Eius-Teeka's

Ban type: server ban

Ban length: 1 week

Ban reason: More of the same old - bashing windows shift start as assistant, and when they annoy someone enough to get crit for it they immediately ahelp that they were killed. You\'ve got a history of this sort of thing, and it isn\'t acceptable behaviour. Cut it out.

Time ban was placed: on terry, 24/03/2020

Round ID in which ban was placed: The round ID is 132997

Your side of the story:so i just knocked on the on the detective window like 4 ou 5 times , he comes after me and literally tries to kill me (never warned me to back off just came after me once and i was just doing because i had nothing else to do) i then let myself be captured because some time in jail would be fun but he then proceded to self antag and tried to kill me, even put me on a body bag when i was critical but then a medic came to heal me (i never ghosted out of the caracter) it was at that time i ASKED the admin if he could do that, he called me a ban baiter (wich i am not ) and closes my ticket, i asked why i am a ban baiter and he said "Ya, here's the thing. 1. you aren't even dead. 2. you're provoking them by being annoying and they probably warned you to go away. 3. at least 2 other people have been banned after killing you for constantly breaking their windows and you either ahelping in crit or succumbing then ahelping. I personally have no care to pursue bans for any of those things beyond banning you for banbaiting, but I'm having a good day so I'm just closing this ticket again. Not discussing this further"

i have some problems with this... 1- how can i be a ban baiter if they chose to self antag just for something that doesnt matter in the whole round, if they want to kill just because i push them or knock on a window(that i was obviously not gonna break with a fucking toolbox right in front of their faces)

2- he didnt let me talk closed all my tickets and treated me like my opinion had no matter in the saying

3-he applied a week ban for literally nothing

how can someone elses choice of being a self antag for no reason gives him a reason to ban me ?? if someone gives a good explanation i would love it

i know i am not the best of players and most of the things i do can be kind of a dick move on my part and i have some admin notes that are not good, but i never the intention of breaking that window and even if the reason he gave me was a good one i didnt deserve a week ban, at most a 1 day ban

Why you think you should be unbanned: i cannot be blamed for someone elses choice if they think that they get to do antag things just because someone knocks on the window with a toolbox, the admin gave a stupid reason to ban me for a week and a pretty bad explanation on why he banned me
Nitrome
Byond Username: Canoha

Re: [Doctor Brutality] Srg.Mccool - all i did was knock on some windows

Post by Nitrome » #551287

Hello, detective Kiefer here.

I would like to tell my side of the story (logs : https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... nd-132997/, unrelated/redundant lines have been omitted).

I was gearing up when not even 5 minutes into the shift a feral dog decided to attack my window, I went by them in order to scare them which worked but they came back shortly after.
[2020-03-24 21:20:03.720] ATTACK: Srg.Mccool/(Eius-Teeka) has attacked [reinforced window] with the emergency toolbox (Starboard Primary Hallway (186, 131, 2))
[2020-03-24 21:20:05.133] ATTACK: Srg.Mccool/(Eius-Teeka) has attacked [reinforced window] with the emergency toolbox (Starboard Primary Hallway (185, 131, 2))
[2020-03-24 21:20:06.005] ATTACK: Srg.Mccool/(Eius-Teeka) has attacked [reinforced window] with the emergency toolbox (Starboard Primary Hallway (185, 131, 2))
[2020-03-24 21:20:06.906] ATTACK: Srg.Mccool/(Eius-Teeka) has attacked [reinforced window] with the emergency toolbox (Starboard Primary Hallway (185, 131, 2))
[2020-03-24 21:20:07.864] ATTACK: Srg.Mccool/(Eius-Teeka) has attacked [reinforced window] with the emergency toolbox (Starboard Primary Hallway (185, 131, 2))
[2020-03-24 21:20:08.755] ATTACK: Srg.Mccool/(Eius-Teeka) has attacked [reinforced window] with the emergency toolbox (Starboard Primary Hallway (185, 131, 2))
[2020-03-24 21:20:12.213] ATTACK: Srg.Mccool/(Eius-Teeka) has attacked [reinforced window] with the emergency toolbox (Starboard Primary Hallway (182, 131, 2))
[2020-03-24 21:20:13.076] ATTACK: Srg.Mccool/(Eius-Teeka) has attacked [reinforced window] with the emergency toolbox (Starboard Primary Hallway (184, 131, 2))
(came back ~4 seconds later and hit a different window)

I wouldn't have any of it so i caught them and decided i would knock some sense into this individual.
[2020-03-24 21:21:28.290] ATTACK: Canoha/(Eduardo Kiefer) has stunned Srg.Mccool/(Eius-Teeka) with the police baton (NEWHP: 100) (Detective's Office (184, 133, 2))
[2020-03-24 21:21:38.243] ATTACK: Canoha/(Eduardo Kiefer) has head slammed Srg.Mccool/(Eius-Teeka) against the wooden table (NEWHP: 60) (Detective's Office (184, 134, 2))
[2020-03-24 21:21:45.859] ATTACK: Canoha/(Eduardo Kiefer) has head slammed Srg.Mccool/(Eius-Teeka) against the wooden table (NEWHP: 20) (Detective's Office (184, 134, 2))
[2020-03-24 21:21:57.416] ATTACK: Canoha/(Eduardo Kiefer) has head slammed Srg.Mccool/(Eius-Teeka) against the wooden table (NEWHP: -20) (Detective's Office (184, 134, 2))
(by this point they're in softcrit)

I made sure NOT to kill them knowing full well they would use it against me.
By this point the medical staff and an officer came by my office to check.
An officer comes by
[2020-03-24 21:22:19.935] SAY: Canoha/(Eduardo Kiefer) "ape" (Detective's Office (182, 136, 2))
[2020-03-24 21:22:20.490] SAY: Naloac/(Lepi Mewtera) "yikes" (Starboard Primary Hallway (185, 131, 2))
[2020-03-24 21:22:22.359] SAY: Canoha/(Eduardo Kiefer) "i'll heal" (Detective's Office (182, 136, 2)) I don't want them dead
A paramedic doing their job
[2020-03-24 21:22:57.919] SAY: Pepsiman0/(Nilla Steele) "open" (Starboard Primary Hallway (184, 131, 2))
[2020-03-24 21:22:58.972] SAY: Canoha/(Eduardo Kiefer) "not yet" (Detective's Office (182, 136, 2))
[2020-03-24 21:23:01.668] SAY: Canoha/(Eduardo Kiefer) "i did it on purpose" (Detective's Office (182, 136, 2))
[2020-03-24 21:23:06.298] SAY: Pepsiman0/(Nilla Steele) "i know" (Starboard Primary Hallway (184, 131, 2))
I did put them in a bodybag because it's very useful to carry people(dead or not) around without having to use fireman's carry.
[2020-03-24 21:23:31.007] ATTACK: Pepsiman0/(Nilla Steele) has healed Srg.Mccool/(Eius-Teeka) with suture (NEWHP: -11.3) (Starboard Quarter Maintenance (174, 105, 2))
(them getting healed not even 3 minutes later)

I fail to see how i self-antagged, I defended my workplace and don't know what kind of "warning" they expected beside me clearly not being thrilled by their actions.
If i really wanted them dead i would have pulled out my revolver and gunned them down the moment they scratched my window, I did this because i wanted to make sure they wouldn't come back.
While this is a rather brutal way of getting the message across it seems to have worked : They instantly ahelped claiming i killed them (i can only imagine)

Long story short: you got bamboozled
srgmccool

Post by srgmccool » #551380

you defended your workplace against a guy that was just messing arround and had no intention of breaking a window??
srgmccool

Post by srgmccool » #551382

and are you aware that that you wanted to put me in your morgue?? you put me in front of the thing and didnt put me in because an officer got there and asked you what happened, its self antag because the only reason i didnt die was because of a doctor, you went on a power trip becuase you were from sec (they always do that) and then call me an ape, just because your fifis got hurt i touched your window with something that would take a long time to break ( and i did it right in from of you) , if i wanted to really break that window or something like that i wouldnt have made it right at your face and more, your only got me because i let myself be captured becuase i didnt knew you were going to self antag
pugie
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Post by pugie » #551556

Hi, I don't see any reason to lower or remove this ban. You have a history of this exact behaviour, and he didn't even try to kill you at all. You accuse the detective of self antagging for tabling you into soft crit but that seems like a totally fair response to you destroying his property, ahelping over that kind of stuff is lame and I think you know that. If he was gonna put you in the morgue he would have killed you first, come on.

I started with closing your tickets because I don't want to deal with a guy with a chronic history of weaponising ahelps, because that is what you do, you weaponise them. However after I closed a couple you called me a shitmin so I decided to hit the nail in the head with a ban, which I stand by and believe I should have done initially, because it's what you deserved. I sincerely hope when you come back you cease this ban baiting behaviour, a 1 week ban is really light for this kind of thing.

So yeah, this appeal is denied.
srgmccool

Post by srgmccool » #551560

pugie wrote:Hi, I don't see any reason to lower or remove this ban. You have a history of this exact behaviour, and he didn't even try to kill you at all. You accuse the detective of self antagging for tabling you into soft crit but that seems like a totally fair response to you destroying his property, ahelping over that kind of stuff is lame and I think you know that. If he was gonna put you in the morgue he would have killed you first, come on.

I started with closing your tickets because I don't want to deal with a guy with a chronic history of weaponising ahelps, because that is what you do, you weaponise them. However after I closed a couple you called me a shitmin so I decided to hit the nail in the head with a ban, which I stand by and believe I should have done initially, because it's what you deserved. I sincerely hope when you come back you cease this ban baiting behaviour, a 1 week ban is really light for this kind of thing.

So yeah, this appeal is denied.
what do you mean by weaponising ???? and it was self antag, he didnt do anything about my body and he did tried to put me in the morgue, he put me in a body bad in front of it

he had other ways to "protect" his workplace there are these things that maybe you dont know like stuns, cuffs, there was no need to table me into a crit and wanting to my body on the morgue i call that a power trip as a detective and how was i destroying his property his property ??

and i just called you a bad admin because you knew he couldnt do that and acused of weaponising ahelp, i dont like getting like getting people banned and i never did on porpuse i was only messing arround never in my life i used ahelp to ban people like i said its not my fault they chose to self antag over something that isnt worth it
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #551583

"Self antag" means "attacking/griefing someone for no reason unprovoked because you want combat".

Not "using excessive force on some guy being obnoxious just to annoy you"
srgmccool

Post by srgmccool » #551702

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:"Self antag" means "attacking/griefing someone for no reason unprovoked because you want combat".

Not "using excessive force on some guy being obnoxious just to annoy you"
~

all i did was knock on a window so yeah it was self antag he only had to arrest for 2 minutes at most, not crit me because he had a stun and could that easily

and more, by his own words he was defending his workplace the same workplace the same workplace he broke 2 or 3 tables with my head ( i dont remember), and he broke those 2 for no reason at all when i was already cuffed and the window i "touched" didnt even had breaking marks and was still far away from having those so dont come saying i was being obnoxious when the excuse he used was to "defend his workplace" when in reality he just went on a powertrip with someone that had already submited
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #554303

This ban seems fine to me. Attacking windows, getting crit for it, then immediately ahelping is ban baiting and against the rules.