Shaps <Maskedvi29> - Banned for multikeying (Updated and Resubmitted)

Appeals which have been closed.
Maskedvi29
Byond Username: Maskedvi29

Shaps <Maskedvi29> - Banned for multikeying (Updated and Resubmitted)

Post by Maskedvi29 » #561146

ORIGINAL APPEAL FOUND HERE: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 29#p533885

BYOND account: Maskedvi29

Character name: Dyson Heck

Ban type: Server

Ban length: Permanent

Ban reason: Mirroring original ban on Pineman47 for multikeying

Time ban was placed: 2019-10-17 2:02:06

Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil

Round ID in which ban was placed: 121581

Your side of the story: So to summarize: I was an asshole. I multikeyed and killed a lot of people in brig as a non-antag. I used multiple accounts such as Pineman47 and Populice86. One of the admins caught on that round and banned them all. I claimed at the time that I didn't know the other accounts and my Maskedvi29 account was left unbanned. I later confessed to it when questioned about it by Shaps about a week later and my Maskedvi29 account was re-banned. I didn't even try to appeal immediately afterwards.

UPDATE: About 3 weeks ago, I logged back on using an alt account with the username GraveWalker616. I MIGHT'VE broken a rule there, but I wasn't attempting to be malicious, even going as far to use my original character name, Henry Heck. My behavior can be observed by the 3 most recent videos done by Admiral Hippie, believe it or not: , , .

Why you think you should be unbanned: I want to show that I can do better, and I've tried to do so using my alt account. I didn't log on to the server with an alt account because I wanted to break the rules further, but rather to show and prove that I can still function as a member of the crew without killing off the crew using multiple accounts. If I wanted to evade the ban I would've used a different name other than my original character name.

References of good conduct: I have several hours on Beestation MRP with few Admin Remarks and bans (They're still there, but they're on the old side) and my time on my alt account showing that I haven't done anything necessarily against the rules, (aside from ban evasion?). I'm also well known on Sybil, and during my time on the server, they can tell you that I'm usually a nice guy.

Additional Notes:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this appeal doesn't go through, and I can see why. I'm okay with staying banned for longer if that's what it takes to show that I'm not gonna break the rules again. I love the community, I love playing on the server, and I wish things didn't turn out the way they did. If I stay banned, tell William Dornan or some of the other peeps I said hi.

Alt account Username in case you missed it: Gravewalker616
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Re: Shaps <Maskedvi29> - Banned for multikeying (Updated and Resubmitted)

Post by NecromancerAnne » #561150

As the person who banned the Gravewalker account I want to stress that ban evasion is a very, very serious offense and while yes, you were not exactly being subtle about the fact that you were playing your previous character, I wasn't even aware of the fact that you had been permabanned because it took stringing your accounts together to be absolutely sure it was you and not some crazy coincidence (and it wasn't obviously). You could have continued to evade on servers where people who were not aware of you and got away with it. The only reason I spotted this was because I remember you and I remember your old ckey.

It doesn't matter whether it was malicious or not. You were still very much evading a permaban and you should have been appealing that ban instead of hiding in plain sight.
Maskedvi29
Byond Username: Maskedvi29

Post by Maskedvi29 » #561186

You're right. I could've, but I didn't. I understand if I'm not unbanned since this COULD cause a chain reaction, but yeah. I could've went on doing this but chose not to, because as I stated before, I care about the server and the people on it, even if evidence from my original ban shows otherwise. It was a mistake I made that will NEVER happen again. EVER.

But regardless, the goal was NOT to be malicious, whether that matters or not. I didn't re-appeal beforehand because I knew it wouldn't go through. I wanted to show, to SHOW, that I can do better, and not just to try and give you only my word.

If I stay banned primarily because of ban evasion, I'm okay with that, I can wait longer. Besides, the goal wasn't to remain unbanned, just prove a point.

I hope that things turn out for the better, one way or the other.
TheMidnghtRose
Byond Username: TheMidnightRose

Post by TheMidnghtRose » #561207

A smarter solution to show us that you have gotten better is to have several months of good behavior on another server, Bee, VG, Fulp, Goon, etc and then come back here to make your appeal. We can ask other servers about you, or search you on their public lists for the ones that have them and check your claims. Hell, you could of even asked an admin from one of them to come here and make a post about you. Ban evasion is ever the solution, no matter how well your intentions are.

While I cannot speak for the overall ban, Go get some vouchers from other servers. It will help your case the next time you can appeal this.
Emerald Gleaner -/Roboticist/Replica AI Series
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #562228

I'll go ahead and say this appeal is denied. To be completely honest this looks more like you were caught for evading, and then appealed once you got caught. For reference that account (Gravewalker) has roughly 90 connections from 4/12/2020 to 5/04/2020 .

Come back with a solid voucher, don't evade, and you'll have a better chance of getting this lifted in a year.