Appeals which have been closed.
trevor henderson

[Thunder12345] <Grandps> - (Re) Perma banned for me being foolish

Post by trevor henderson » #564569

BYOND account: <Grandps>
Character name: <I always have to set to random so unknown>
Ban type: <Server>
Ban length: <Permanent>
Ban reason: <Banned by host: You or another user of this computer or connection(Grandps) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: Ban evasion, took a free golem in round 134849 on his other ckey "grandps1" despite being ghost role banned. This ban (BanID#47089 was applied by Thunder12345 on 2020-04-16 10:30:43 during round ID 134865. This is a permanent ban.)>
Time ban was placed: <2020-04-16 10:30:43>
Server you were playing on when banned: <I think it was event hall>
Round ID in which ban was placed: <134865>
Your side of the story: <I was banned for a temp amount of time and wanted to continue playing. So I tried to get around this ban by creating grandps1. Yeah if i was really malicious I would have tried harder with like any other name.>
Why you think you should be unbanned: <Well my decision was dumb and I just wanted to continue playing. I bring interesting roleplay and being an enjoyable robro.>

I may not have much server experience because I just dont like their code. For example Yogstation having xeno all the slimes just having no % to mutate.

(Everything before was from the old post. I made a previous re- type post but i am not sure what happened to it.) I have taken the advice given to me by Thunder11 on my previous appeal and have been playing on a variety of other stations as of late. (Old post of my previous appeal: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&t=26540) These stations include and are not limited to Fulpstation, Paradise station and boomer station. I enjoy each of these stations but they all have theyre own problems. Paradise station is the station to scare me the most. It has just the worst pr with stuff like this (https://i.redd.it/imfi8b8q1qz41.jpg) crop up all the time on the ss13 subreddit. Fulpstation's codebase is enjoyable in the fact that I know it so well from playing so much /tg/. Where I have a problem with it is it's awful crashing. It removes so much progress when playing xeno or any antag. Finally boomer station my third most played recently hasnt had the best experience. Its mostly ok but the low pop makes me always feel like its dead. Now to get back to my original thesis of none of these stations can live up to /tg/. I've grown as a player in these past two months and been playing as allot more cooperative player. The reason why I went out of my way to ban evade was because how much I enjoy tg in comparison to the rest of the stations. I accept that what I did was wrong with getting banned and trying to dodge the ban. I mean the way I even tried to ban evade was dumb. I literally used my ckey username and added a one to it. I would understand if even after all this time I am still banned but I am just a guy trying to play a good server.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Re: [Thunder12345] <Grandps> - (Re) Perma banned for me being foolish

Post by Thunder11 » #564926

After checking with the other servers you’ve been playing on, nobody‘ had anything awful to say about you, so I’m happy to give you a another chance, your original account grandps will be unbanned shortly. Please stick to that one account in future, as you’re unlikely to be given another chance if this happens again.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
trevor henderson

Post by trevor henderson » #564947

Could you unban the Grandps one? I cannot seem to find the email to the other account.
trevor henderson

Post by trevor henderson » #564976

I just tried to log onto a tg server and it still says im banned
trevor henderson

Post by trevor henderson » #565930

Just tried again :P
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #566024

Sorry for the delay, we encountered a bit of a hiccup when attempting to lift your ban previously.

Go ahead and try to log in again. Let us know if you still can't get in.