Appeals which have been closed.
BunnyHoppin

[<Dezupher>] BunnyHoppin - Notes correcting pt.2

Post by BunnyHoppin » #567307

BYOND account: BunnyHoppin
Character name: Jackie Olsvich
Note reason:
2020-04-09 07:26:11 | Sybil | Dezupher

Warned - Used the lavastaff on the shuttle to create lava patches and "calm people down" resulting in people dying, please be more careful with this in the future.

Server you were playing on when bwoinked: Sybil
Round ID in which note was placed: I play ~10-14 hours a day, most days of the week. Afaik it's impossible to look up the round id of the specific rounds. Bwoinks that come with notes usually tilt me to stop playing for weeks.
Your side of the story: I feel like I was griefing against my person due to 'miner loot OP' sentiment that people seem to hold. It was a low pop, late night into early morning round. I was shaft mining, killed 3 drakes. All lava staves. I gave one to the chap, another was stolen from me by some greytider, and the third one i had on my back. We were having a good time placing lava patches in the halls and chapel, playing mine sweeper essentially. It was low pop, only one person even voiced their annoyance about it on comms because they happened to sprint down box's main hallway to departures for no real reason and stepped on one of the tiles, and was put out. After reading the examine text of the lava staff (which is something along the lines of 'The power to place lava in the shuttle, what could make you happier?") I was sad that the drake drops had robbed me of something more interesting like being an ack ack or drake. So living up to the lava staff's description I put two lava patches in the corner of the box shuttle that i could sit behind to not have to worry about the greytider who was acting VERY shadey, as they do. Four people total on the shuttle. Two assistants, the chap, and me. The one assistant who didnt have a lava staff(dressed in cap's carapace, cap's gloves, armor vest and helmet) decides to walk over the lava patch closest to me. I put him out with the extinguisher i keep in my pack. He walks back into the lava. I put him out again. Then he walks over it back to me. I put him out. He dies. (speculation) The assistant ahelps me as if i were to blame for this. I get bwoinked and noted. I said in my bwoink that i placed the patches to calm people down because I had just been robbed for the prior staff and felt like I was going to be murdered while enjoying a peaceful shuttle ride(why else would the ~30 pop server only have 4 passengers on the shuttle?). (antag excluding) Placing lava in trafficked areas is certainly not something i'd do during med/high pop, or if there were lots of new friends, but when we had multiple staves on station being actively used, it just happens. It was the end of a long,slow shift. I wouldn't be surprised if Dezu wasnt even watching it happen. What did surprise is that someone can just throw themselves into a stationary, highly visible, non-immediate death tile and get someone else bwoinked. I did not place the lava tile underneath or near the person, I did not (for instance) block them into a place they could not move or otherwise immobilize them. I had two safety tiles of lava to protect my person in an otherwise empty shuttle.

References of good conduct: I'd hope with all the time I've spent on Basil that the admins there would vouch for my character to the sybilmins, who seem to be the only ones who have noted me.
Request of resolution: I am absolutely asking for a full removal, and am only now asking for it because I stopped playing ss13 for a while due to perceived injustice.
Dezupher
Byond Username: Dezupher

Re: [<Dezupher>] BunnyHoppin - Notes correcting pt.2

Post by Dezupher » #567541

Hey there I don't think I'm going to remove the note seeing as how you still don't seem to understand fully why I gave you the note in the first place.

If you go leaving deadly hazards around places when you're not an antagonist, you'll be held accountable when people inevitably step in them. Especially when you're leaving hazards on the escape shuttle. If you put a wall around a pool of lava and a sign in front that says "DANGER LAVA" then I'd understand. But not randomly leaving lava patches on the emergency shuttle for people to step on accidentally or get pushed into, lit on fire and then get other people set on fire by bumping into them. People also might mistake the lava for being fake, it's a potential hallucination to see a floor tile of lava on the ground which some the crew was quite surprised after stepping on it when they realized it was real lava.

It was little while ago so maybe you don't remember the situation clearly, but looking through logs you never used a fire extinguisher to put people out like you've claimed.

Also I still really don't see how turning the floor into lava is meant to calm anyone down that's usually cause for concern