Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

[vekter] tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #567656

BYOND account: Tlaltecuhtli
Character name: Brick carr
Ban type: ban
Ban length: 24h
Ban reason: Reason: Spawned a couple thousand or so cargo pods as an antag which - shocker - brought the server to a screeching halt.
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 140802
Your side of the story: i was using cash and cargo money to buy rockets on an emagged express console to do some mass destruction, ai was rogue and started flooding in the meantime, something broke code wise and there was time dialtion
Why you think you should be unbanned: i did this once with similar quantity(22 june i dont remember round id) before and it didnt cause any permanent lag like it did in this situation, i dont see why i should be banned if it happened during a plasma flood (which i didnt start) and it made it lag more than usual, people can do teslaslooses just fine even if they cause 300% time dilation
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [vekter] tlaltecuhtli

Post by Vekter » #567657

Code: Select all

ADMIN LOG: Vekter/(Ismael Leech) deleted all objects of type /obj/structure/closet/supplypod (2189 objects deleted) 
No.

I don't care if you're an antag or not, you caused around 150% tidi and lagged the shit out of the server. You've been around long enough to understand what is and isn't permitted and what spamming a shitload of one item does to the server.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #567661

like i said before i did it once in round-140159, and it didnt give any lag/ time dilation issue, if i knew it would break server i wouldnt have done it,
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #567668

What it basically amounts to is that you have been playing on the server long enough to know that BYOND does not like explosions. I'm not concerned with whether or not it had problems on another round, I'm concerned with whatever possessed you to think launching 2,000 pods, each of which cause 0, 2, 5 explosions, would not cause some kind of lag at some point. Even if you have tried it before and nothing bad happened, that doesn't mean it's not eventually going to cause problems.

The way I see it, if you do something that has the potential to fuck the server up and it does so, you catch a ban for it. I would have asked you not to do it in the future instead, but you've been here long enough to know better and, frankly, you don't have a good history of doing what's asked of you.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #567675

the problem wasnt the explosions itself but some interaction with the fires which caused timers to break, which i wasnt unaware and worked fine in any other scenarios, the explosions were optimized recently so as far as i m aware 30 40 explosions in a second arent more problematic than just normal atmospheric lag,
my intentions werent to cause the timers to break but to have fun with rockets, also i m not sure what "you don't have a good history of doing what's asked of you." is referring to, as far as I m aware i havent any warnings about "not do explosive rockets" in my note history
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #567812

I have at least a few coders telling me that the lag was caused by the explosions from the pods. That's good enough for me.

Headmins can handle this if they want, otherwise the ban stands.
Spoiler: