Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

[Thunder12345] Timonk - Loop holes gone too far

Post by Timonk » #567813

BYOND account: Timonk
Character name: CrakBOT
Ban type: Server + sillycone ban
Ban length: 1 day server 4 weeks sillycone
Ban reason: As a subverted AI, repeatedly stated who subverted him, stated laws, and even helped the detective reset him. This is not at all how silicon should be played, and you should really know better.
Time ban was placed: 14:45:35
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 140878
Why you think you should be unbanned: the law that was supposed to ensure him being secure was spelled wrong for a good while, spelling him as Marthin Johanson instead of Martin Johanson (which i didnt notice until he pointed it out, gotta admit that) and by the time he corrected it the cat was out of the bag. i stated laws because i wanted the crew to know not to lynch me anymore and that my kill everyone law was gone. the only way i helped det was by saying "its a core law". i couldnt find him and the law reset was just a matter of time.
References of good conduct: no silicone note in like a year or something
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: [Thunder12345] Timonk - Loop holes gone too far

Post by terranaut » #567814

From Silicon Policy:

Code: Select all

Server Rule 1: "Don't be a dick out of character" applies for law interpretation. Act in good faith to not ruin a round for other players unprompted.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #567816

is that a recent change?
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #567817

Let's go over your justifications here:

The typo in the laws is not anything to do with the issue here, both because you did plenty lawbreaking things even after it was fixed, and you just admitted you weren't even aware of it for much of that time. Not a good justification.
Even if people were already aware that he was the one who subverted you, there is no good reason to continue telling everyone about it, since you're just reminding people to go lynch him, and informing anyone who had joined after your previous announcements. Not a good justification.
Stating laws just to keep people from lynching you when doing so outs the antagonist who subverted you is not at all compliant with the law you had. Not a good justification.
Telling the detective that the law he was trying to remove was a core law is most certainly helping, he could easily have been unaware and thought you were fixed, and there was nothing forcing you to say anything to him at all. Not a good justification.
Not having any recent notes about silicon behaviour is not a get out of jail free card for treating your laws as polite suggestions. Not a good justification.

As far as I'm concerned this ban is 100% justified, and you haven't presented a single good argument in this entire post. Denied.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #567819

on another note, that law didnt protect his blood brother
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #567821

also

Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #567822

One cherrypicked example doesn't change the times where you weren't asked to state them. The answer is still no, this is still denied, we're done here.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #567824

i mean, i only stated laws once each time they got a significant change (3 times total), and i was ensuring that he was safe as he could still yell at me to state laws

also the way you said that sounded like you were my wife breaking up with me. when do i get the divorce papers?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #567856

terranaut wrote:From Silicon Policy:

Server Rule 1: "Don't be a dick out of character" applies for law interpretation. Act in good faith to not ruin a round for other players unprompted.
Doesn't apply here, this would apply to something like interpreting a law that says "Do what is best for the crew" as plasma flooding them but this appeal isn't that
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #567864

PKPenguin321 wrote:
terranaut wrote:From Silicon Policy:

Doesn't apply here, this would apply to something like interpreting a law that says "Do what is best for the crew" as plasma flooding them but this appeal isn't that
Using a typo to fuck over a traitor is a good faith interpretation?
Anyway, that's policy and not for here.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #567871

terranaut wrote: that's policy and not for here.
why did you post it then
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #567897

Worth noting that abusing a typo or grammatical error in any uploaded laws has always been considered a core part of silicon gameplay.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #568705

hi
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #568937

I see no issue with Thunder's ruling here, so consider this appeal denied.