Bluethulhu
Byond Username: Bluethulhu

[BigfatbananaCyclops] Bluethulhu - Rule 8 Ban

Post by Bluethulhu » #567902

BYOND account: Bluethulhu
Character name: R.O.G.U.E.
Ban type: Server(s)
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Announced a Text containing erotic content such as "Masturbation". You've had a previous warning for Rule 8 so the streak is ending here.
Time ban was placed: 2020-06-24 - 05:48:36
The server you were playing on when banned: Bagil (or is it Basil now?)
Round ID in which ban was placed: #140307
Your side of the story: I was messing around on the station and was rather bored so I announced the "A girl? And a Gamer" copypasta. (If you want the quote specifically it's the first result if you search it, id dump the whole quote or a link but im trying not to step on toes here.) I was then told by BigFatBananaCyclops that I was going to receive a ban and get the Rule 8 Achievement which I got at the round end.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Mentioning masturbation is obviously erotic and I understand that, but mentioning it in a joke landing a ban seems ridiculous but the message was received no more of that. Regarding previous "warnings" for Rule 8. To my assumption these were always about low effort or shitty names like Richard P Nis and Wang Licka it was never brought up that having a Penis joke for a name is a no no, I wasn't trying to be erotic with the names it was a Dick Joke and I changed character names after the Warnings. Regardless of anything before I think I understood why I was banned and I don't think being warned over ap silly name and then changing it constitutes some sort of record of ERP violations
Last edited by Bluethulhu on Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
annoyinggreencatgirl
Byond Username: Uomo91

Re: [BigfatbananaCyclops] Bluethulhu - Rule 8 Ban

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #567905

These seem to be the logs from the round in question:
[2020-06-24 05:38:01.523] SAY: 05:38:01.523] SAY: Bluethulhu/(R.O.G.U.E.) (priority announcement) "In reach* WURBLWUBRLBWURblrwurblwurlbrwubrlwburlwbruwrlblwublr *tiny cupid shoots an arrow through heart* Ahhhhhhhhhhh me lady... *heart in the shape of a heart starts beating so hard you can see it through shirt* ba-bum ba-bum ba-bum ba-bum ba-bum *milk truck crashes into a bakery store in the background spiling white liquid and dough on the streets* BABY WANTS TO FUCK *inhales from the gas tank* honka honka honka honka *masturabtes furiously* ohhhh my goooooddbakery store in the background spiling white liquid and dough on the streets* BABY WANTS TO FUCK *inhales from the gas tank* honka honka honka honka *masturabtes furiously* ohhhh my gooooodd" (Captain's Office (120,129,4))
For context, two other people (one an admin) mirrored this copypasta in OOC after the fact...
[2020-06-24 05:51:57.425] OOC: 05:51:57.425] OOC: Booperkin343435/(Hunter Smith) "In reach* WURBLWUBRLBWURblrwurb...

[2020-06-24 05:52:06.789] OOC: 05:52:06.789] OOC: Domitius/(Lola Knack) "OOC: Booperkin343435: In reach* WURBLWUBR...
Isn't the precedent that things of the WGW nature make you valid for murder and admin abuse, but usually not actual bans?
the rules wrote:Rule 1 Precedents.
2. Spamming any channel is not allowed, this goes for radio spam, AI vox announcement spam, paper at camera spam and other forms of spam. Non-antagonists doing so may not defend themselves and may suffer from IC or OOC consequences. Antagonists can to a certain extent, moreso with reading things like WGW over the radio, but may be told by admins to stop if it becomes excessive. Spamming can result from in-game admin intervention ending in you dying, to admin warnings, to bans for excessive or repeated spamming.
How severe/numerous were his prior rule 8 notes? In this round he just posted his dumb copypasta once, seemingly.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #567923

Oh yeah, I remember this guy. I warned him for dropping shitty copypasta over the cross-station comms about a month ago. The note reads:
Warned for long copypasta over the cross-station message system. I-s...is that a Female Girl?? HMMGH, I-I MUST SNIFF, SNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFF** OH GOD etc. Also rule 8.
Full copypasta is under the spoiler.
Spoiler:
I-s...is that a Female Girl?? HMMGH, I-I MUST SNIFF, SNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFF** OH GOD (FAPFAPFAPFAP) FUCCKK, HUHGHU, SNIIFF, HUHGJGUHHGUGHU (SMASHES DESK) I-I-IM COOOMING!!!!! IM COOMING, IM COOMING IM COOOMING IM COOOOOMING COOOOOOOOOOM, COOOMING, FUCCKKK, AHHAFHHAHUHG, COOOOOM, AW FUCK ITS EVERYWHERE, COOOOOM, AWGAHUGHAHG. Aw fuck, aw fuck. oh jesus.
In hindsight I don't know if I'd call it a rule 8 violation, but it's definitely obnoxious and he has a history of not listening when we ask him to stop being weird. He had an appearance ban for a while after we asked him to make his names more creative than obvious dick jokes (eg: Richard P Nis, Wang Licka).
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
bigfatbananacyclops
Byond Username: Bigfatbananacyclops

Post by bigfatbananacyclops » #568133

Zxaber told me to apply this ban.
Bluethulhu
Byond Username: Bluethulhu

Post by Bluethulhu » #568228

In hindsight I don't know if I'd call it a rule 8 violation, but it's definitely obnoxious and he has a history of not listening when we ask him to stop being weird. He had an appearance ban for a while after we asked him to make his names more creative than obvious dick jokes (eg: Richard P Nis, Wang Licka).
I’m not sure I see why this shouldn’t fall under me being valid for a round? Any moron who says WGW doesn’t get permabanned? Regarding the names i caught the appearance banned and dropped the dick names. I’m not sure why having 2 separate dumb names would warrant a permaban either, seems like a overreaction
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #568237

Yo, Zxaber here, I was the one that recommended this ban.

In hindsight, a permaban was perhaps overzealous. However, I did base the recommendation off both a prior warning for the exact same behavior, and also off your "colorful" name choices that had also gotten you a talking-to from other admins. While we do allow for the reading of WGW under the condition of it making you valid as a tradition, I wouldn't say it makes you immune to admin-related punishments for similarly-themed announcements especially when you've been warned about it before.

Anyway, the exact same round this ban happened, another admin went and posted what you said openly in OOC and no one took action, so I can't in good conscience recommend that this ban remain in-place.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
bigfatbananacyclops
Byond Username: Bigfatbananacyclops

Post by bigfatbananacyclops » #568238

This was the first kind of rule 8 ban i handled, even if i was told to apply it i was still the banning admin, you have a few notes for the erotic names and stuff but you're right about other players posting WGW and stuff, tbh i felt like it was any regular copypasta so that was dumb of me for banning, i was very unsure of it, the ban will be removed inmediately.