Appeals which have been closed.
Datmanisdumb2

[Okand38] Datmanisdumb - 4th unban attempt

Post by Datmanisdumb2 » #568383

BYOND account: Datmanisdumb
Character name: I don't remember
Ban type: (MANUAL BAN)
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: (MANUAL BAN) (using multiple CID's)
Time ban was placed: 2017-11-22 01:33:18
Server you were playing on when banned: Basil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 79091
Your side of the story: I don't remember exactly what I was doing, but I I was completely in the wrong. You can look at my previous unban appeals to see the awful things I've said and done. I hardly ever play the game because I am banned on almost all servers that I enjoy playing. I enjoyed playing CM-SS13 when I did so you can ask the mods if I have been a good player. I don't think that my behavior from nearly three years ago are representative of the way I play the game today. Judging by the Round ID I got banned on and the current Round ID I have been banned for half of Basil's existence. I hope you can forgive what I did a long time ago. I will show you with my actions that I have changed as a player.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Re: [Okand38] Datmanisdumb - 4th unban attempt

Post by Timonk » #568393

For your information: the round id's are from all the servers conbined
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #568395

Alright well, Okand retired a bit ago so I'll take this.

In your original ban appeal, you said that the only reason you play SS13 is to fuck with people. That seems to track given your history on other servers. You're banned on Yog, Goon, Bee, and VG just to name a few. I have absolutely no reason to believe that you'd ever bring anything of value to this server.

Why should I unban you? Have you played on a server that hasn't banned you and built up a good history? What proof is there that we can trust you to not fuck up again?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Datmanisdumb2

Post by Datmanisdumb2 » #568400

Vekter wrote:Alright well, Okand retired a bit ago so I'll take this.

In your original ban appeal, you said that the only reason you play SS13 is to fuck with people. That seems to track given your history on other servers. You're banned on Yog, Goon, Bee, and VG just to name a few. I have absolutely no reason to believe that you'd ever bring anything of value to this server.

Why should I unban you? Have you played on a server that hasn't banned you and built up a good history? What proof is there that we can trust you to not fuck up again?
I don't understand what building up a good history means. If it mean becoming a moderator or a coder I can't because at this stage of my life I don't have enough free time to do those things. Also I don't care about the politics and
e-drama that happens on many SS13 discord servers so I generally stay clear of that. I know tg has had it's fair share of metafriending and metacomming, especially with the whole catgirl stuff that was happening during the brief period of time that I was active on the server. I don't want to be apart of some discord "community" because it seems a lot more trouble than it's worth, extremely time consuming, and may end up getting me banned for unknowingly associating with bad actors.

I used to like the game to "fuck with people" because at the time I was new to SS13 and didn't understand the intricacies of the game. Now that I do I think that it's boring to just go around killing people and instead I like doing my job and doing technical projects. I can't prove the good behavior I did ingame because moderators tend to only keep track of the good things normal players do, but I can prove to you that I am a good player with my actions. If you or a friend spectates me ingame I can prove it to you. Consider unbanning me and if I break any of the rules you can just reinstate the previous ban.

(P.S. the ban on Goon was temporary and the other 3 bans that you listed were from over 2 years ago. All of the permabans were justified, especially the one on Yog, but I hope you can see that I am a changed player.)
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #568401

"Building a good history" literally just means playing without getting in trouble. That's it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Datmanisdumb2

Post by Datmanisdumb2 » #568410

I've never gotten in trouble on Colonial Marines
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #568414

There are two reasons I'm not convinced you intend on doing anything different this time. The first being that your history in general completely sucks. I have no way of knowing what you intend to do when you come back to the servers.

The second is this quote:
I can't prove the good behavior I did in game because moderators tend to only keep track of the good things normal players do, but I can prove to you that I am a good player with my actions.
Admins don't make note of good behavior because it's what 's expected of you. We sometimes do give out positive notes if someone goes well beyond what we expect, but 'being a good player' should be your absolute baseline goal. So, as I said, I have no reason to believe you intend to do anything different this time.

Good thing for you, then, that I like being proven wrong.

I'll make a deal with you - take the next 24 hours to familiarize yourself with the rules. Understand what is expected of you. I will unban you with the caveat that any action worthy of having a note added to your account will result in another permanent ban. And I mean permanent. While other admins in the future don't really have to listen to my suggestions, I will place a note stating you aren't to be unbanned under any circumstances.

Is this acceptable?
Spoiler:

Datmanisdumb2

Post by Datmanisdumb2 » #568421

This is acceptable. Also I just want to know if these rules are acceptable or do I need to go somewhere else to find the updated rules.

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #568422

You are unbanned. Your probation ends one year from today unless I'm given appropriate reason to believe you don't intend on causing bullshit.

Cause no trouble.
Spoiler:

Datmanisdumb2

Post by Datmanisdumb2 » #568602

I have read the rules fully with the exception of the RP server ones and am ready to be unbanned