Appeals which have been closed.
CAPED_CANDLE

banned by floranotten for a misunderstanding

Post by CAPED_CANDLE » #569870

BYOND account: CAPED_CANDLE
Character name: OSMUND HOENSHELL
Ban type: SERVER
Ban length: A year
Ban reason: As an engineer sabotaged the SME while it was still being set up, your note said to perma, but a year seems good to.
Time ban was placed: 2020/07/03
Server you were playing on when banned: basil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 141049
Your side of the story: The ban was based on a misunderstanding between the other engineers and I, you see, I was setting up the SM the way other players did it on other servers, I didn't know what the others were doing, so I decided to set it up myself like normal, so when they accused me of sabotaging I was really confused so I just stopped what I was doing and tried to explain myself. A couple minutes later, I'm banned for a year.
Why you think you should be unbanned: The entire situation was a misunderstanding.
TheMidnghtRose
Byond Username: TheMidnightRose

Re: banned by floranotten for a misunderstanding

Post by TheMidnghtRose » #569877

I am just going to point out that just over 12 hours had gone by for you since you had your probation note given to you.
Final warning note - If you have to apply a note and this is still on Caped_candle's account, permaban for bad behavior (expires in a month)
It was applied on 7/2/2020 at 07:31 server time and expires on 8/2/2020 at 07:31 server time.

You were banned by FloranOtten on 7/3/2020 at 14:41 server time with the note being the following.
Banned from the server for 1 year - As an engineer, sabotaged the SME while it was still being setup. Your previous note said to perma, but a year seems good too.
Emerald Gleaner -/Roboticist/Replica AI Series
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #569879

Because I can't reply before I get home, I'm just going to burst your bubble now. Even if this appeal is successful, it won't matter. You're banned regardless.
Banned from the server for 1146 days - Banned until the day they turn 18
Sorry lad.
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #569889

Alright. Let's run through the sabotage again.
14:27:45 [0x200ba1e] (164,153,2) || Supermatter Engine Air Alarm was turned to Panic Siphon mode by Caped_candle/(Osmund Hoenshell)
14:27:45 [0x200bcf6] (168,153,2) || the Supermatter Engine air scrubber #1 was toggled to siphon mode by Caped_candle/(Osmund Hoenshell)
14:27:45 [0x200bd76] (169,153,2) || the Supermatter Engine air scrubber #2 was toggled to siphon mode by Caped_candle/(Osmund Hoenshell)
14:27:46 [0x200be02] (170,153,2) || the Supermatter Engine air scrubber #3 was toggled to siphon mode by Caped_candle/(Osmund Hoenshell)
14:28:07 [0x200ba1e] (164,153,2) || Supermatter Engine Air Alarm was turned to Panic Siphon mode by Caped_candle/(Osmund Hoenshell)
14:28:09 [0x200ba1e] (164,153,2) || Supermatter Engine Air Alarm was turned to Off mode by Caped_candle/(Osmund Hoenshell)
First, you ensure it is only siphoning.
14:28:28 [0x200ba26] (164,151,2) || the gas filter was set to filter Oxygen by Caped_candle/(Osmund Hoenshell)
14:28:37 [0x20047c4] (173,160,2) || the gas filter was set to filter Oxygen by Caped_candle/(Osmund Hoenshell)
14:28:41 [0x200bfea] (173,158,2) || the gas filter was turned off by Caped_candle/(Osmund Hoenshell)
14:28:46 [0x200bfea] (173,158,2) || the gas filter was set to filter Oxygen by Caped_candle/(Osmund Hoenshell)
14:28:56 [0x200bff5] (173,153,2) || the gas filter was set to filter Oxygen by Caped_candle/(Osmund Hoenshell)
14:29:00 [0x200bffa] (173,151,2) || the gas filter was set to filter Oxygen by Caped_candle/(Osmund Hoenshell)
14:29:27 [0x200bfea] (173,158,2) || the gas filter was turned on by Caped_candle/(Osmund Hoenshell)
You then change all of the filters to oxygen.

[2020-07-03 14:34:16.585] GAME: Emitter turned ON by Caped_candle/(Osmund Hoenshell) in Engineering (177,150,2)
[2020-07-03 14:34:17.899] GAME: Emitter turned ON by Caped_candle/(Osmund Hoenshell) in Engineering (178,150,2)
You turn on the emitters.

Only after I bwoink you;
[2020-07-03 14:34:39.067] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: FloranOtten/(Clement Powers)->Caped_candle/(Osmund Hoenshell): Why are you trying to sabotage the SME?
Do you turn them off;
[2020-07-03 14:34:50.569] GAME: Emitter turned OFF by Caped_candle/(Osmund Hoenshell) in Engineering (177,150,2)
[2020-07-03 14:35:49.591] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Caped_candle/(Osmund Hoenshell)->FloranOtten/(Clement Powers): i though it was set up already
You said that you thought it was already setup. Now you're claiming you were helping them set it up

Given all of this, and your history, I don't believe a word you're saying. You're only here to grief. Get gone.

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #569891

While I don't dispute this ban nor think he'll be unbanned in the next couple years at any rate I want to chime in to avoid wrong info being cited in the future by someone referencing this thread.

In the SM, siphoning is preferable to scrubbing because it doesn't discriminate between gases and removes all of them from the chamber - which you want to do, since all gases inside are hot, and you want to cool them down by running them through the cooling loop, no matter if you want to keep them inside the loop or not. Which is what the filters are for, depending on the map / pipe setup, setting the filter to Oxygen either means Oxygen will be ejected into space, or re-introduced into the chamber. Oxygen, while not "safe" in the sense that Nitrogen is the "safe" go-to gas for the cookie cutter SM build, can definitely function as coolant gas, like pretty much any other. It's just not very efficient, if I recall.
It's more the surrounding behavior that leads to the assumption of sabotage, in a vacuum not really because in a vacuum the SM doesn't cool and will blow up, haha get it? the actions relating to the SM would easily lead to an operational SM in the hands of a half-competent engineer with good intentions.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #569896

I think you misread, terra. He set it to siphoning. Only siphoning. This means that no new nitrogen will enter the chamber, and will cause the chamber to become a vacuum. This, then, causes a delamination.

Give me feedback!
CAPED_CANDLE

Post by CAPED_CANDLE » #570061

ban happened a bit ago, so what i was doing is a bit foggy, but, I'm not here to grief, because all that bullshit would to is a ban, there's no point in griefing, all it'll lead to is, like i said, a ban, there's no point. Also I'd like to point out that banning me till I was 18 was a real shitty thing to do, as far as I'm aware there's nothing in the server that states you have to be 18 to play on it, but I've just given up at this point, later
CAPED_CANDLE

Post by CAPED_CANDLE » #570062

also I only started playing ss13 a 3 months ago and haven't looked at any guides since then, so I dont even know how to set it up, just that you have to turn on emitters I think.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #570092

if you are posting logs you are required to link (raw/parsed, doesnt matter which).
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #570114

CAPED_CANDLE wrote:ban happened a bit ago, so what i was doing is a bit foggy, but, I'm not here to grief, because all that bullshit would to is a ban, there's no point in griefing, all it'll lead to is, like i said, a ban, there's no point. Also I'd like to point out that banning me till I was 18 was a real shitty thing to do, as far as I'm aware there's nothing in the server that states you have to be 18 to play on it, but I've just given up at this point, later
CAPED_CANDLE

Post by CAPED_CANDLE » #570118

Agux909 wrote:
CAPED_CANDLE wrote:ban happened a bit ago, so what i was doing is a bit foggy, but, I'm not here to grief, because all that bullshit would to is a ban, there's no point in griefing, all it'll lead to is, like i said, a ban, there's no point. Also I'd like to point out that banning me till I was 18 was a real shitty thing to do, as far as I'm aware there's nothing in the server that states you have to be 18 to play on it, but I've just given up at this point, later
dang sorry abt that, guess im staying banned, still unfair tho
CAPED_CANDLE

Post by CAPED_CANDLE » #570500

the rule is fucking retarded, i dont need protecting, ive seen the nature of the ss13 community, thats a stupid fucking rule holy shit.