Twin-suns
Byond Username: Twin Suns

[TheMidnightRose] Twin Suns - Perma Banned From All Head Roles

Post by Twin-suns » #570343

BYOND account: Twin Suns

Character name: Iroquois Pliskin

Ban type: Head Roles

Ban length: Permanent

Ban reason: Banned from Roles: Captain, Head of Personnel, Head of Security, Chief Engineer, Research Director, Chief Medical Officer permanently - As Captain. Named the station 卐 I love iCarly station 卍

Time ban was placed: 2020-07-20 01:09:53

Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil

Round ID in which ban was placed: 142359

Your side of the story: Essentially the name of the station was just going to be "I love iCarly station!" but I decided to add what I can only really describe as a sort of flair to the text, that obviously being the swastikas. There was no context to why I added specifically them, just that it would've looked funny to add to the comedic value of the name itself. Later the name was changed by admin intervention, and so the round quickly devolved into a good chunk of the station revolting against centcom, invoking an ERT with the goal to "kill the heads and the antagonists" and eventually the round comes to an end. And then I am slapped with a perma to head roles.

Why you think you should be unbanned: During the entirety of this round there was no bwoink, no question as to "Why did you do that?" or any sort of investigation on the part of MidnightRose. I was only greeted with a head role permaban at the end of the round with no ability to justify why I had added the flair to the station name to begin with. My reasoning has to do with the charter, a thing that you write on in order to suggest a station name for the round, and so I figured it would both be comedic and make a bit of sense mechanically that the station title could have some flair to it, since it is after all written on a paper sprite in-game, and since it's something your character writes not something verbally said I thought it would be fine.

References of good conduct: n/a
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [TheMidnightRose] Twin Suns - Perma Banned From All Head Roles

Post by Vekter » #570352

I do believe there's a precedent that naming the station cringey/blatantly offensive things can get you headbanned.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Twin-suns
Byond Username: Twin Suns

Post by Twin-suns » #570354

Vekter wrote:I do believe there's a precedent that naming the station cringey/blatantly offensive things can get you headbanned.
If that were the case at any point he could've rejected it before it passed through
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #570358

the admins are under no obligation to protect you from your own stupidity.
TheMidnghtRose
Byond Username: TheMidnightRose

Post by TheMidnghtRose » #570365

Part of it was I was partially afk at the start and when I turned my full attention to the round, I had another ticket to deal with. Then I noticed the name, completely missing the popup to reject it.

Also this is rejected, at least for two more weeks. Reappeal sometime in August and we will discuss this more.
Emerald Gleaner -/Roboticist/Replica AI Series
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #570370

I think it's important to note that we don't actually get an audible notification when you try to change the station name. It just pops up on the feed with everything else. A lot of times if we're not explicitly watching chat we won't know someone's done it until it's already set.

Probably something we can change in code to give us a better alert.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you