Dazoo
Byond Username: Dazo12345

[Virtual John] Dazo12345 Welderbomb suicide

Post by Dazoo » #571520

BYOND account: Dazo12345
Character Name: Jermy Elbertson
Ban Type: Global
Ban Length: 1 day
Ban Reason: Detonated a fuel canister in atmos then imemdiately logged out. Not acceptable behaviour, my dude
Time ban was placed: 2020-08-5 1:27:10
Server you where playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 143559
Your side of the story: When Basil went down i got on Sybil then i decided i was going to take my dog out on a run instead of playing a whole other round and wanted to kill my character so went right next to the fuel tank and used a welder on it then logged out.
Why do you think you should be unbanned: My intentions where not to fuck up anyone elses round and I don't grief on the server. I don't believe a slightly destructive suicide should have me banned a whole day and I also will not do it again.
Virtual John
Byond Username: Virtual John

Re: [Virtual John] Dazo12345 Welderbomb suicide

Post by Virtual John » #571534

Hi, thank you for appealing this ban.
Dazoo wrote:instead of playing a whole other round and wanted to kill my character so went right next to the fuel tank and used a welder on it then logged out.
Dazoo wrote: My intentions where not to fuck up anyone elses round and I don't grief on the server.
Now, I dunno about you but these two sentences seem to contradict each other. Granted, you didn't go right up to someone and welderbomb, but I honestly don't know what to call welderbombing then logging out other than grief. Even running into the SM would have been far better than this, provided they set it up correctly. There are almost an infinite amount of paths you could have taken with no consequences, liking suiciding in a locker, spacing yourself or almost anything else.

I am choosing the uphold the ban. I'll leave this thread open if you have some other insight, or the headadmins choose to overrule this.