BYOND account: gregolego
Character name: L. Ron Hoyabembe
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Don't metacomm with your buddies friendo
Time ban was placed: 2020-08-06 17:54:54
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 143664
Your side of the story: I wanted to introduce two of my friends to the game, so we communicated on discord. I was aware that metacomms aren't allowed, but I was under the impression that I could use them to teach my friends. I chose Manuel, because I knew that it would be more peaceful than other servers. I suggested that all three of us should choose the same surname for our characters, just to make things more fun. All three of us chose cargo positions, because I thought that'd be the best place to get them started. We spawned, went to cargo, then got banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: This is a one-off incident. Before this, I was a prefectly well-adjusted /tg/ player for about a year now. Other than a brief antag ban when I started playing, my record is clean, and I intend to keep it that way. I have once more consulted the rules, filled in the gaps, and I believe I am able to rejoin ss13 as a rule-adhering, low-functioning spessman, with absolutely no metacomms this time.
General Thrax
Byond Username: GeneralThrax

Re: [GeneralThrax] gregolego - metacomm ban

Post by General Thrax » #571732

Just making this clear here, there is no tolerable level of metacomms. If you want to introduce friends to the game and teach them mechanics you do that completely in game. I will remove the ban from both you and your friends, but please don't metacomm again or a ban will be reapplied.