Kassori
Byond Username: Kassori

[Sylphet] Kassori - Note correction

Post by Kassori » #574722

BYOND account: Kassori
Character name: Myles Merriman OR Nettles
Ban type: Note
Ban length: Note
Ban reason: 2020-08-20 04:08:27 | Manuel | Sylphet Abuse in OOC - "OOC: Kassori: pe you all die a m,ost miserable and painful death." Disconnected before bwoinking
Time ban was placed: 2020-08-20 04:08:27
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: Unknown
Your side of the story: Hey! Sorry for waiting like a week and a half after it happened, I had no idea a note was applied.I am pretty sure I was typing too quickly, and the O in "Hope" activated OOC chat. I think it was meant for ICC, I must have not pressed the T key hard enough when typing. If the T key doesn't register, neither does the ; after, instead the O opened a chatbar which took the rest of the message.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I'd just like this note to reflect that it was accidental and not meant to be abuse in OOC, the most I do of that is complain about shitcurity or a wizard after round has ended. Both rounds I also played that day were as an antagonist, so it would be been a reasonable thing for me to say in character. I've done it before on accident so I understand leaving a note for reference. There is not currently a way to disable the O keybind in hotkey mode without disabling OOC chat entirely, as far as I am aware.
References of good conduct: I have 700 rounds played on TG, 3 notes, two are for pressing the O key on accident
Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Re: [Sylphet] Kassori - Note correction

Post by Sylphet » #574775

This note isn't about the ick ock, it's about what you said. From my perspective, you said « I hope you all die a most miserable and painful death » which I assumed was salt from being killed IC. When I went to bwoink you over it, you were disconnected, which confirmed it, as far as I was concerned. Would you mind going a little more into what the context of that message was supposed to be ? I have no problem removing entirely if this was unintentional ick ock rather than... you know, using ooc to tell a player that you hope they die.
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=27175
Kassori

Post by Kassori » #574800

Alrighty, so I did some log diving into round round 144640, I was just borg that was sick of all the human's shit, my message immediately before was

[2020-08-20 04:05:51.187] SAY: Kassori/(Engineering Android-938) "I hate you all. You are all disgusting individualswho do not know how to commmunicate, You are all paranoid garbage." (Emergency Shuttle (161,55,2))

then my accidental OOC message

[2020-08-20 04:06:17.981] OOC: Kassori/(Engineering Android-938) "pe you all die a m,ost miserable and painful death." (Emergency Shuttle (161,55,2))

In the logs, I disconnect and reconnect multiple times on the emergency shuttle from 04:06 onward, I think I was having connection issues.
https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/man ... 0/game.txt

Hope this clears things up!
Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Post by Sylphet » #574807

Yeah, that's a lot more innocent than it looked. Thanks for appealing fam, lifted.
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=27175
Kassori

Post by Kassori » #574808

Based admin