Byond Username: Vaegir Sharpshooter

[Combineharvester]Vaegir Sharpshooter-Science Jobban

Post by Vaegir Guard » #63515

Byond account and character name:Vaegir Sharpshooter,John Sagan

Banning admin:Combineharvester

Ban type:Science one week jobban

Ban reason and length:Assisting antags to spawn hostile mobs

Time ban was placed:Sybil just now

Your side of the story:Me and russel were experementating strange objects.One of them made mobs spawn,which he activated a lot in the science hall.After that Russel (who was the antag) started doing it in other public places (hop line,bar,ect).Combine said that i was "aiding him" and blamed me because he spawned more mobs when i told him "to" in science (Nobody died in science thanks to the medbot).One of the assistants enjoyed killing two bears with his bare fists.I "only" "aided" him at the brig because he was arrested,and i never knew he was an antag.

Why you think you should be unbanned:I am NOT responsible for Russel doing whatever he wanted with that thing and the only time i "aided" that time because i thought i could get more butterflies but then it also spawns hostile ones as well.I also find this ban not appropiate because i would not spawn hostile mobs in public areas or something similar.I also was a librarian.
captain planet wuz her
Combineharvester

Re: [Combineharvester]Vaegir Sharpshooter-Science Jobban

Post by Combineharvester » #63519

I received a player complaint about you running around with another player assisting him in spawning hostile mobs, this resulted in damage to the station and crew members injured. all the evidence checked out so you were given a week job ban from science until you can handle its responsibility.

Next time use the test lab
Vaegir Guard

Post by Vaegir Guard » #63533

I received a player complaint about you running around with another player assisting him in spawning hostile mobs

False i was too busy at science entrance while russel was spawning mobs somewhere else,oh and i can handle the responsabillity by just testing the artifacts at the experimentation lab but i can't take the responsabillity when someome takes it runs with it to somewhere else and spams it.

You also continue to blame me thinking that i am going to run somewhere else with it and use it in another round,Russel did what he wanted to do and yet you blame me because of his actions.I am pretty sure that i wouldn't do what russel did when i am not an antag and find that you think that i am using science to grief and put up a note that will probably leave a "bad mark" on my notes.
captain planet wuz her
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #63665

Not a lot of information is being shared here.

What was the evidence that checked out, if I may ask? I'm also curious what you meant by "aiding" someone at the brig.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #63666

What I say now, I say purely as a player and not an admin.

You were That One Guy that round for Sec, myself included.
Spoiler:
So I'm the Warden and there's no HoS, so I'm the HoS without the coat or the access. So I hears some stuff on the radio about Re'search spwnin sh'it and ask the officers to go in, assist, make sure everybody's okay. So far everything's normal, it's Research's job to get themselves killed in this sort of thing and I even found it amusing. It's like hearing toxins is on fire or the engine's loose, it's a comforting little slice of home/disaster. As a matter of fact, I was on my way to deliver two riot suits and helmets to Research to help you guys deal with the mobs when I was stopped in the hallway on another matter and had to turn back, etc etc etc.

So then we hear it's happening in the hallway, and I hear Russel's doing it, so I tell the boys to go pick up Russel. They do, and you start being annoying. FREE RUSSEL, etc. And then I see you hover around the brig doors and I know you're going to try something. And then I see you rush into the brig itself, pull out my gun, and stun you (and a few officers in the way, sorry guys) and give you a few minutes for being an idiot and trying to let your idiot friend escape.

Moments after I've placed you in your well-earned cell and gone up, Russel's device thing on the ground gets used. I'm assuming one of my officers did it but I dunno, in some circumstance hell breaks loose. We get it contained since only a few of the mobs are dangerous, but Russel himself has died from his own creations. How ironic and literary of him. So, as I had to do with no less than three people that round, I brig his corpse to ensure he can never come back to bother us again.

... You get up to some extreme- and bad- sounding shit in this game when Security and desperate enough, don't judge me, you weren't there man.

I have no actual opinion on the ban itself, since conflict of interest ofc and I'm not even still mad about the thing, but you were a giant pain in the ass and PLEASE try to be less of one. Consider your fellow player. WE'RE EXPERIMENTING XD doesn't cut it when deadly mobs are released in the hallways, and you were obviously an accomplace to that in some capacity, the entire round knew it since you couldn't shut up. So maybe that's how the admin got the impression that you were helping him.
As the 'injured' party I'm cool with either way this appeal goes.
RIP
Vaegir Guard

Post by Vaegir Guard » #63704

I understand what i tried to do at sec was inappropriate but i still see no reason to ban me from my favorite department for a week.I still have no intentions of doing what Russel did as a non antag.But do not remove the note.Edit it please.
captain planet wuz her
Combineharvester

Post by Combineharvester » #63878

Regarding the job ban, when i next see you in game i shall spectate your gameplay and see if you have improved from spamming in caps and griefing. If it has the job ban will be lifted