Sylphet-CarlitooftheCartel-Banned for using a reasonable double name.

Appeals which have been closed.
carlitoofthecartel

Sylphet-CarlitooftheCartel-Banned for using a reasonable double name.

Post by carlitoofthecartel » #576206

BYOND account: CarlitooftheCartel
Character name: Joe Joe
Ban type: Appearance and a medium note.
Ban length: One day and permanent(note) .
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: Appearance for 1 day - Named themselved Joe Joe on MRP. Refused to change it, argumentative in ahelps, third time that they've been talked to about naming.
Time ban was placed: 2020-09-13 23:26:17
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 146253
Why you think you should be unbanned: First of all, the only argumentation I did if you can call it that was ask the admin if they could show me where in the rules or why my name was agaisnt the rules with no answer other than it being against the naming policy. Then I got a random name and the ban. First of all Joe Joe is short for joe johnson which it being the second most used name on my profile should be enough proof (https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/ckey/carlitoofthecartel). I changed it to joe joe because I would change it back and forth for funny names when I observed a lot and had it as joe joe to have one more second not retyping it. Not only is the name Joe Joe real many famous people have double names and are again, used in real life. The ban also extends to other lrp servers.
Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Re: Sylphet-CarlitooftheCartel-Banned for using a reasonable double name.

Post by Sylphet » #576208

Rule 3 Precedents.

1. Excessively OOC names fall under rule 3. Make a minimum effort to have your name fit in a setting involving a wacky space station in the future. A firstname lastname minimum is required for humans and felinids; other species may instead choose to use the default names assigned to them, such as those given through random names, or otherwise any name that is species-appropriate. Honorifics and nicknames are not allowed. Admins may get involved if your name is dumb and can approve or disallow names at their discretion while in-game.
Your name, Joe Joe, was two first names, not first name last name. Not only that - Jojo. Come on. That name is not acceptable for MRP, so I changed it for you, since you didn't have a preference. This is also the third time that admins have had to talk to you about your naming, which is why you got a one day appearance ban.

This appeal is denied.
Last edited by Sylphet on Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=27175
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Re: Sylphet-CarlitooftheCartel-Banned for using a reasonable double name.

Post by MrStonedOne » #576211

carlitoofthecartel wrote:First of all Joe Joe is short for joe johnson

That would mean that Joe Johnson would be an acceptable name. Also I aint never heard of nobody shortening their last name. Is this a ruse? This smells like a ruse.
The ban also extends to other lrp servers.
This is how we encourage players from our lrp servers to not treat our mrp servers as a petting zoo.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW: