Major_T0m
Byond Username: Major T0m

[CoffeeDragon16] Major_T0m - Day ban due to Asimov laws

Post by Major_T0m » #577451

BYOND account: Major_T0m

Character name: Beepeth Boopeth

Ban type: Ban from playing on TG servers
Ban length: 1 day

Ban reason: As Asimov cyborg, flashed a human while they were actively shot at with lethals, getting them killed. Do pay attention to your laws.

Time ban was placed:Bagil, RoundID 147186, BanID #49875 on 2020-09-27 18:50:35
Round ID in which ban was placed:[/b] Round ID, should be present in ban reason from server. Can be excluded if it cannot be found. Example: 101235

Your side of the story: An assistant was in the HOP office with a stun baton and being shot by the HOP, I came in and was asked to flash him. The door on the right was bolted open and the man could have ran but eventually I flashed him and he was dragged out of the room on the ground but still alive based on my HUD which at that point I hoped he was going to be brought to sec. Knowing he was still in danger I would have pursued but the HOP was no longer attacking him. I went back later (Post-Admin) and asked him if he killed the fellow and he said he did against space law. I was trying to get the guy apprehended instead of lasered to death by a angry head.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Even if my behavior as a borg is truly unsatisfactory you could simply ask me to not play borg or further ingrain proper conduct for this situation and I will do my best to follow it as I have been trying to get the hours for AI on Bagil. If its really worthy of punishment shouldn't I be banned from silicon until I can properly abide by Asimov's law rather than a full ban. This wasn't something intentionally aggressive like whacking him with my fire extinguisher.

References of good conduct: I've been playing SS13 for well over 2 years and TG makes up the major of the time and I've mentored several people into TG and two more currently, Ive tried to promote fair play with all of them and they can attest to this.
CoffeeDragon16
Byond Username: CoffeeDragon16

Re: [CoffeeDragon16] Major_T0m - Day ban due to Asimov laws

Post by CoffeeDragon16 » #577462

I understand and respect you were doing the best you could, but that's simply not what the logs showed me. There was a HEFTY amount of laser firing and beating I'll omit for sake of easy reading.

Code: Select all

[2020-09-27 18:29:12.817] ATTACK: Fendrel/(Darin Riggle) has fired at Uzedpickle/(Slimdick Jim) with the disabler beam from Head of Personnel's Office (NEWHP: 100)  (Head of Personnel's Office (131,164,2))
[2020-09-27 18:29:20.224] ATTACK: Fendrel/(Darin Riggle) has shot Uzedpickle/(Slimdick Jim) with the laser (NEWHP: 85)  (Bridge (125,163,2))
[2020-09-27 18:30:13.036] ATTACK: Major T0m/(Beepeth Boopeth) has flashed(targeted) Uzedpickle/(Slimdick Jim) with the flash (NEWHP: 65)  (Head of Personnel's Office (133,164,2))
[2020-09-27 18:30:24.645] ATTACK: Major T0m/(Beepeth Boopeth) has flashed(targeted) Uzedpickle/(Slimdick Jim) with the flash (NEWHP: 65)  (Head of Personnel's Office (131,164,2))
[2020-09-27 18:30:40.302] ATTACK: Fendrel/(Darin Riggle) has attacked Uzedpickle/(Slimdick Jim) with telescopic baton (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 7.5)  (Head of Personnel's Office (128,163,2))
[2020-09-27 18:31:18.753] ATTACK: Uzedpickle/(Slimdick Jim) has died (BRUTE: 135, BURN: 40, TOX: 0, OXY: 32.4667, CLONE: 0) (Fore Maintenance (109,177,2))
According to people I had asked about, and what is suggested by logs, you directly stunned a human as they were being actively shot. You then watched as the human was being beat to death. This is, through action or inaction, human harm, no? Silicon has a basic requirement for standards of how you play, and inaction can fall under that. A day ban is standard practice for a wrongful killing. While you did not directly deal the blow, they would likely have lived were you not to flash them. You could have attempted to drag them to medbay or something of the sort, but you didn't. Your actions caused a human to come to harm, to which they died. And yes, you were banned from silicon, for a week. I mentioned this in the ticket. Logs for this encounter also show that the guy was being beaten to death still through bridge. The ban is because you effectively round-ended a guy near shift start, violating your laws. I'd advise you take the day to read through silicon policy my man, I'm not sure what there is to discuss here.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[
Major_T0m
Byond Username: Major T0m

Post by Major_T0m » #577464

But even in the logs it showed that the fighting stopped and the HOP moved him out of my sight before he died, I was unaware of the further human harm and death.
I dont know if I clarified but I remained in the HOP office throughout this situation, the bridge was out of my line of sight.
[2020-09-27 18:30:40.302] ATTACK: Fendrel/(Darin Riggle) has attacked Uzedpickle/(Slimdick Jim) with telescopic baton (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 7.5) (Head of Personnel's Office (128,163,2))
[2020-09-27 18:31:18.753] ATTACK: Uzedpickle/(Slimdick Jim) has died (BRUTE: 135, BURN: 40, TOX: 0, OXY: 32.4667, CLONE: 0) (Fore Maintenance (109,177,2))

It comes back to assuming I knew the HOP was going to execute him for a simple crime which he admitted after, was against space law and might have not even been valid.
I can also try to explain my actions in attempt to follow my laws, this assistant was going to be killed if I left things be so I tried to stop the HOP from shooting him to death by instead incapacitating him, the assistant had the option to run for quite a few moments before I flashed him so at that point I wasn't quite sure if he intended on continuing the fight with the HOP. The assistant could have left and I would have let him go, but the harm was occurring and he was the one who was losing and I was trying to resolve the conflict with the least amount of harm done, if the HOP apprehended him he should have been taken to the brig and healed.
If you're aware I was doing the best I could either OOC or IC why should I receive a ban from the server rather than just the job ban from something I cannot perform correctly, as you know Im not griefing and Id rather leave it alone if it will cause further trouble.

I have reread the rules and have been thinking about how the assistant could have been spared, I could have tried to carry him out the open door and block the shots I still think he would have dismounted and went back in as I had seen him do shortly after I entered, and he would probably still be pursued by the HOP since as we have already seen, didn't stop until he was dead.
CoffeeDragon16
Byond Username: CoffeeDragon16

Post by CoffeeDragon16 » #577475

Oh, I was unaware that they had been re-entering the room. At that point it would effectively be self harm. The fact that it was self harm is pretty important, though, I would've appreciated it were you to mention that earlier. Sorry for the hassle, then. I've unbanned you from server and silicon, and removed your notes.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[