Soyoboyo
Byond Username: Soyoboyo

[Dankasaur] Soyoboyo - Perma for being rude

Post by Soyoboyo » #577605

BYOND account: Soyoboyo
Character name: Slavik Gulahkin
Ban type: Rule break
Ban length: Permanent Banski
Ban reason: Moments after the round started, told the AI to kill itself. When I brought it up to their attention that it was not acceptable behavior, their words were "it's just toeing the line is where fun happens." Someone with 700+ hours should know that this isn't an acceptable excuse. Please appeal on our forums when you feel that you are able to play and enjoy the game not at the expense of others.
Time ban was placed: 2020-09-29 05:17:25
Server you were playing on when banned: Bagel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 147291
Your side of the story: I told the AI to kill itself after it announced for everyone to turn on suit sensors.
Why you think you should be unbanned: This was obviously a blatant rule violation straight from the wiki ("Ordering silicons to harm or terminate themselves or each other without cause is a violation of Server Rule 1. The occurrence of such an attempt should be adminhelped and then disregarded.") so I will admit that this is entirely my fault. I don't believe that such a drastic measure over this specific event is in order, though. A perma ban over telling the AI to kill itself is frankly excessive. I did act dismissive and didn't take the admin seriously in the ahelp, however, which is likely 99% of the reason why they resorted to a perma ban over something like a day, three day, or even week ban. While I do understand the importance of listening to admins when they talk to you and that your attitude does play a role in your punishment, I find it hard to justify why a dismissive attitude translates into a ban for something less severe and something much less frequent than the kinds of things that other people did to get themselves perma'd. Addressing the comment that I made, "...toeing the line is where fun happens," this was a statement of defiance which I don't agree with. I was egging the admin on because I thought the worst that could come out this interaction was a day ban. Other than the fact that it would be ridiculously stupid to incriminate myself, I don't stand with this comment because it's the same line of thinking that led serial griefers to shit on everyone's rounds and degrade the experience of the server. I've learned that, through ruining other peoples' rounds (and getting fucked for it) and getting my rounds ruined by people who were "having a bit of fun," it's not fun when some jackass decides to make you the butt end of his joke for a quick laugh and leaves you to fester for an hour until the server restarts. I'm asking for a day ban because I recognize that I did break the rules but such an aggressive, overarching response is not justified.
Dankasaur
Byond Username: Dankasaur

Re: [Dankasaur] Soyoboyo - Perma for being rude

Post by Dankasaur » #577612

Thanks for taking the time to appeal.

Speaking to you in ahelps compared to how you've expressed yourself in this appeal is a drastic change and I really do hope it sticks. When I initially bwoinked you I simply asked for you to not do it again.
Ticket Opened by dankasaur to soyoboyo
hi yes you shouldn't be telling the AI to kill itself unless you have a very good reason. please don't do this in the future.
Reply from soyoboyo to dankasaur
kek you're supposed to disregard the instruction anyways
Reply from dankasaur to soyoboyo
its funny that you say that. right before it states that, in the same line even, it states its a direct violation of rule 1.
ooga bogga it's a non-issue if you're non-retarded
funny joke vomit out of mouth hnnng
At this point I could tell you didn't take my warning seriously. Regarding toeing around the rules, I understand some situations may arise in which it is infinitely more funny to let it slide. This wasn't the case however and it should not be a recurring behavior. As admins we are under no obligation to allow you to play here if you are going to be dismissive of rules, even if you do not agree with them. I have no issue lowering this to a day ban; however, I would like to see more of an effort on your part to be cooperative in ahelps even if you do not agree with the situation.
Soyoboyo
Byond Username: Soyoboyo

Post by Soyoboyo » #577617

As a follow up regarding my eloquence in the appeal in contrast to the caveman talk in the ahelp, a more sophisticated start will get you a more sophisticated response. I'm not asking you to talk like it's 18th century Britain royal life, but "hi yes" and "it's funny that you say that" don't command for an educated reply. If the basis of this punishment was on the complexity of my responses, it would be nice if the tone of the conversation wasn't "discord DM's." In all of my ahelps past the first 3 months of playing, I've cooperated with admins in understanding why they're beaning me. Recently, I've had unprofessional joke conversations with admins. Your responses felt and sounded the same way as a joke conversation, so I didn't adjust my responses to the level required. It would be nice if you started with things like "It's against the rules to request the AI to kill themselves. Don't do this again."
Dankasaur
Byond Username: Dankasaur

Post by Dankasaur » #577618

While I admit my initial tone was more relaxed and casual, being told not to do something again generally means don't do it again. Even once my tone elevated to a more serious nature, you continued to be dismissive and honestly rude.

Picking up from where I left off above
Reply from dankasaur to soyoboyo
no it's still an issue because you're still telling the silicons to commit suicide without any reason. it doesn't matter if they follow through, don't do it again.
jannie mad that player is videogaming
You seriously cannot tell me that your remarks in ahelps were caused by my selection of wording. At no point did you make any attempt to take responsibility and instead continued to make peanut quality remarks until you were banned.
play the video game more and you will understand why it's fun
also imagine handing out a perma over not bending the knee immediately and poking fun at you
I will be updating the note as well to better describe what went on. Please do not make me regret my decision.