[Dreathil] Foxicide - 3 hours for acid

Post by Foxicide » #578700

BYOND account: Foxicide
Character Name: Silver Zinnia
Ban Type: TG servers (?)
Ban Length: ...3 hours
Server you were banned on: Manuel
Round ID: 147983
Your side of the story: I am making this because I do not think the admins treat me fairly anymore, and this ban was for minimal mischievous behavior. I was a pAI, got downloaded by the clown who wordlessly threw me in a clean bot. Long story short, I found out I had an acid sprayer, and when I was in med-bay, I melted some equipment because it was funny. It was not essential, just mostly old equipment doctors weren't even using. I also melted Dongle's hat because they always act like a clown anyway.

Once the admin bwoinked me, I stopped randomly spraying items, because it was obvious they did not like it. Regardless, I was banned anyway, despite my intentions clearly not being bad. Banning should be used as a last resort, not just 'because I can'. Furthermore, on my note, Dreath mentions the fact that I was AFK for 11 minutes and never was marked as inactive. I think perhaps because I was a pAI and was being carried around. Dreath implied that I lied about being AFK.

I would also like to discuss; what differentiates IC behavior between OOC behavior? Whenever I ahelp anyone for intentionally targeting, it is *always* an IC issue, but when I do something mischievous at all, I just straight up get banned? Manuel is becoming a lot less fun to play on, because people like me who are just occasionally messing around are punished, yet people who intentionally ruin the game for everyone every shift are allowed to continue playing without consequence.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Dreathil] Foxicide - 3 hours for acid

Post by Vekter » #578706

Your ban reason was as follows:

"As a pAI given a Cleanbot shell went around Acid Spraying equipment in medbay (and Bar) For No Real Reason other then it was funny as fuck. Also was apparently AFK during the ahelp process but did not register as inactive for 11+ minutes."

Also, if this is about if you're being treated unfairly by the admins, this should be a complaint not an appeal.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Dreathtil
Byond Username: Dreathtil

Post by Dreathtil » #578720

I'm glad you took the time to make this appeal since you apparently really do have a problem with it.

I responded initially to an ahelp regarding grief about a cleanbot acid spraying stuff around medbay as well as making an Ick Ock comment about it return and wiping itself (I completely dropped that). And I quickly got around to asking involved parties for input on what had happened. And before I would like to clear up that the first bwoink occoured after you were destroyed
In sequence of Events received from when Foxicides Cleanbot was destroyed
[2020-10-09 22:58:19.235] GAME: 22:58:19.235] GAME: *no key*/(�Cleanbot) *no key*/(�Cleanbot) is no longer owning mob Silver Zinnia(/mob/living/simple_animal/bot/cleanbot) (AI Satellite Antechamber (33,131,2))
Ticket I responded too
[2020-10-09 23:08:00.681] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #3: ZeroMODE/(ZerOS): pai grief should I continue to fear for all of medbay&#39;s equipment or is that like against the rules or something##also ick ock about returning and then wiping itself?
Me bwoinking Foxicide (After going down a list of people involved and asking for their input on what happened)
[2020-10-09 23:22:02.396] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Dreathtil/(Alysha Gottem)->Foxicide/(Silver Zinnia): Apparently you went around as Cleanbot (when you got given one) and was acid spraying equipment in Medbay and also the bar at some point? I would like your perspective on events and why you were doing it. When you get the chance.

You had stopped spraying items because you weren't in the original cleanbot you sprayed acid as at that point. Not just because I bwoinked you.

That aside. You are correct that you have had a note history of issues that other admins can most likely attest to, but in this instance I did not care and just wanted some proper IC justification for why you did what you did in the first place as reading through the logs really didn't give me any insight as to what happened. I will state that I watched you in the Bar Spray Dongles Hat along with the pile of apples from botany and the Singulo Drink the Bartender made, which came off as a red flag for a brief moment. This is not about other people this incident is about you in particular in this particular point of time.

Picking up from where I left off
[2020-10-09 23:22:02.396] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Dreathtil/(Alysha Gottem)->Foxicide/(Silver Zinnia): Apparently you went around as Cleanbot (when you got given one) and was acid spraying equipment in Medbay and also the bar at some point? I would like your perspective on events and why you were doing it. When you get the chance.
I waited what "felt" like 6 minutes from the initial bwoink but logs tell me it was longer
[2020-10-09 23:31:26.194] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Dreathtil/(Alysha Gottem)->Foxicide/(Silver Zinnia): It's been 6 minutes at this point. I'm hoping now is a good time.
[2020-10-09 23:40:06.777] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Dreathtil/(Alysha Gottem)->Foxicide/(Silver Zinnia): Guessing you are afk at this point.
To which you finally get back
[2020-10-09 23:40:13.286] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Foxicide/(Silver Zinnia)->Dreathtil/(Alysha Gottem): I am back
At this point you get yet another cleanbot so your statement that you did not spray anymore acid afterwards is very valid
[2020-10-09 23:41:12.111] GAME: Foxicide/(�Cleanbot) Client Foxicide/(�Cleanbot) has taken ownership of mob the �Cleanbot(/mob/living/simple_animal/bot/cleanbot) (Robotics Lab (144,76,2))

With your logs pulled up I had also reason to believe your last known proper chat input was at
[2020-10-09 23:08:16.283] SAY: Foxicide/(Silver Zinnia) "hehhehe..." (Central Primary Hallway (170,110,2))
Which were a good 13 minutes before my bwoink
I was already being pretty lenient by this point. And I wasn't going to be much more patient with you after reviewing your notes

But again, Continuing into you telling me why you did everything in the first place
[2020-10-09 23:42:07.184] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Foxicide/(�Cleanbot)->Dreathtil/(Alysha Gottem): Oh I'll be straight with you, it was just funny as fuck. I didnt burn anything of critical imporance.
[2020-10-09 23:43:01.085] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Foxicide/(�Cleanbot)->Dreathtil/(Alysha Gottem): to be fair i was downloaded by the clown and not really given a choice of bodies, so

To my understanding and to the clowns statement they didn't bind you to any orders to be a malicious prankster either, so less leniency there.
[2020-10-09 23:52:00.133] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Ed640/(Greenesmells)->Dreathtil/(Alysha Gottem): I didn't do that bind to master thing if that does anything

Thus leading up to me asking you to take a break for 3 hours and you PMing me regarding the ticket. I told you to appeal the note if you had a problem with it and here you are.
[2020-10-09 23:58:28.548] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Dreathtil/(Alysha Gottem)->Foxicide/(�Cleanbot): I'll handle the Is-a-lizard stuff in just a short, but for now. I'm happy you are honest about doing the Acid Spraying FNR, and I'm going to ask you to sit out for a few hours, and as a comment it is extremely odd that you were apparently afk for 11+ minutes but did not register as inactive at any point during the bwoink.

I hope you can get some closure but.
Given the FNR nature of this issue and cumulative aspects of the affair The Ban was only for 3 hours and it wasn't marked as severe, so I don't really intend to lift this ban but
I am perfectly willing to retract the portion of the ban note that indicates you were afk for 11+ minutes and it didn't register if someone can clarify further where I can 100% see your inactivity timer.

As for the unfair admin treatment please bring that up in admin complaints as Vekter said
Even though you did get the short Ban I did handle your ticket request at the end and while I will not disclose details. I will personally comment that I tend to take tickets sent my way seriously albeit maybe too leniently.
Kirb and Cat posting is the default
Foxicide
Byond Username: Foxicide

Post by Foxicide » #578724

Hello Dreath. Yes, I would like the note to be modified. Currently, it appears as though I lied to you about being AFK, which I have absolutely no reason to do. If I ignore it, I will be banned anyway, but without input.

I do not know what FNR means.

All I know is that I was goofing off a bit. It is medium roleplay, yes, but it did not severely impact anyone's shift. Honestly, this is fair enough, but I still think it was a little unnecessary to ban me.
Dreathtil
Byond Username: Dreathtil

Post by Dreathtil » #578728

FNR - For No Reason

You wanted to talk with me in a Discord PM regarding the note and ban, which I did not desire/want to comply with given this is the place for it.
You wanted a more full indepth explanation for the ban, since you had a apparently not fully understood my reasoning.
You asked for what you wanted to be changed and as I stated I'm very willing to remove and modify that portion of the note. Given an explanation (I have currently asked for where additional ways I could prove your point) if pAI's are somehow special in the sense of being excluded from inactivity from not just you but anyone or what bugged out in this case. Which on the aside after log review there was at least 20+ minutes that the game should of kicked you for inactivity, if you were afk.

And I'm glad you did decide to bring it here.
Kirb and Cat posting is the default