20MeterBeepskySmash
Byond Username: Morthol Dryax

[Spookuni]Morthol Dryax - day banned for shotgun powergaming

Post by 20MeterBeepskySmash » #578893

BYOND account: Morthol Dryax
Character name: Dan Cronenberg
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 1 days
Ban reason:Crafted a shotgun on MRP as nonantag for no reason. Has already specifically been noted for shotgun powergaming previously.
Time ban was placed: 17:21:57
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 148095
Your side of the story: I am extremely paranoid as a result of being the victim of constant griefing (read: playing on LRP servers because MRP ones were full), and as such instinctively do this as a result of these experiences souring me. I'm deeply sorry, and I try NOT to do it, but the urge is too strong sometimes.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It doesn't matter. The ban will probably be extended because I appealed it, or you'll give me anticipatory bans because I picked up a wrench or something after it ends. I'd at least like it to be shortened so that it expires around 10 am tomorrow, but considering the response I've received already I know that won't happen, and I'll probably get an extension for asking.
References of good conduct:I know how this works. I'm not going to bother with this part, because I know once I get a single note, I'm marked for life and pretty much anything I do is a bannable offense, or if not at least bwoink-worthy.
Last edited by 20MeterBeepskySmash on Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: [Spookuni]Morthol Dryax - day banned for shotgun powergaming

Post by bobbahbrown » #578894

Please edit your post to follow the format found here.

Additionally, /tg/ doesn't have separate bans for MRP and LRP. I cannot find a specific policy thread on this to quote, but this is the general precedent.

Best regards,
bobbah "bee" brown
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Post by spookuni » #578896

TG doesn't currently have an MRP only server ban - If you break the rules on Manuel, you get banned across all TG servers. As I stated in the ban, you're welcome to move over to the LRP servers once your dayban expires, or to come back to Manuel if you're willing to not repeat the behaviour you were banned for in the first place, but after repeating behaviour you were specifically warned not to repeat, I will not be lifting this ban unless the headmins say otherwise and that applies to all TG servers.
20MeterBeepskySmash

Post by 20MeterBeepskySmash » #578899

spookuni wrote:TG doesn't currently have an MRP only server ban - If you break the rules on Manuel, you get banned across all TG servers. As I stated in the ban, you're welcome to move over to the LRP servers once your dayban expires, or to come back to Manuel if you're willing to not repeat the behaviour you were banned for in the first place, but after repeating behaviour you were specifically warned not to repeat, I will not be lifting this ban unless the headmins say otherwise and that applies to all TG servers.
I'm trying to reform, I really am. I have a problem regarding the shotgun thing, yes, but I'd just like it if I could be given a pardon this ONE time to prove myself. It's become a habit, and habits are often unconscious. Not saying it wasn't my fault, but I am saying I'd like it if I could prove that I won't do this again.
20MeterBeepskySmash

Post by 20MeterBeepskySmash » #578913

I'm not saying I should be unbanned, far from it. I fucked up and I shouldn't have done what I did. I'm just saying I think there are probably more serious ahelps you could be focusing on.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #578918

Reminder to not reply to peanut posts, please. If you are not involved, but wish to discuss an aspect of the ban, you have policy discussion two doors down.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW: