Byond Username: SomethingIsWrong

[Thunder12345] somethingiswrong - perma banned for some reason

Post by something_iswrong » #581359

Post Contents:

BYOND account: somethingiswrong
Character name: Vin Kallio
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: As cook, beat the mime to death for being pushed over their kitchen counter, then gibbed him. This is completely unacceptable, and given your extensive note history i see no reason why your continued presence is not a net detriment to the server as a whole. Appeal on the forums when you can give a good reason why we benefit from having you around.
Time ban was placed: This ban was applied by Thunder12345 on 2020-11-11, 20:43:18.
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 150120
Your side of the story: I was playing as a chef when I saw that a lizard was inside of the kitchen. I didn't know why they were there or how they exactly got there, and judging based on the escalation rules, and through past experience, that it is allowed to kill someone who is breaking into your workplace. After he is dead, I gib him with the meat grinder and turned him into a burger.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I think that i should have the ability to play on the server again because it's something i enjoy doing and most of the time I abide by the rules. I've been playing quite a while on the server, and even though i have a long history of notes it's mostly due to my long playtime. I do not think the ban is unfair as the situation with the chef is not something that is as serious, and especially not worthy of a PERMANENT ban. If anything else, i've heard admins say before that killing a person would count as a 1 day ban.
References of good conduct: I mainly played on Civ13 in the past month, but otherwise I appealed this ban straight after being banned.
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Re: [Thunder12345] somethingiswrong - perma banned for some reason

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #581360

There isn't any escalation precedent for "there is a stranger on the other side of the chef table kill kill"
something_iswrong

Post by something_iswrong » #581362

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:There isn't any escalation precedent for "there is a stranger on the other side of the chef table kill kill"
I've seen it happen many times, why is this an exception? I've seen admins in the past say that it's fine to do. I didn't force them into the room, they forced themselves into the room with whatever means, and if anything it's their own fault for going there. And how is killing one valid person enough to justify a permanent ban?
something_iswrong

Post by something_iswrong » #581369

oh also, quick side note, the admin fucked up their wording a bit, but to clarify, he says that the mime was pushed into the kitchen over the counter, which is when I killed them for being in the kitchen, they didn't push me onto a table.
mstachife
Byond Username: Mstachife

Post by mstachife » #581381

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Escalation

Trespassing is not justification to round remove someone. If he had attacked you multiple times it would be.
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #581383

The mime didn't even trespass, he got thrown into your workplace by someone else.

Do you think bluespace anomalies are a sign from rng to "wait for some poor sod to get ported into your department so you can murder them"?
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #581401

Let's take this one point at a time, shall we?
something_iswrong wrote:I was playing as a chef when I saw that a lizard was inside of the kitchen. I didn't know why they were there or how they exactly got there
And yet you made no attempt to ascertain why there was someone in your kitchen before jumping to round removal.
something_iswrong wrote:and judging based on the escalation rules, and through past experience, that it is allowed to kill someone who is breaking into your workplace
And you judged wrongly, you cannot kill someone and permanently remove them from the round just because they were in your workplace without further good reasons.
something_iswrong wrote:After he is dead, I gib him with the meat grinder and turned him into a burger.
Thus ensuring that not only is he dead, but taking extra effort to see that he does not ever return to the round outside of ghost roles.
something_iswrong wrote:I think that i should have the ability to play on the server again because it's something i enjoy doing
You do not have an unalienable right to play on this server just because you enjoy it. Other people also enjoy playing here, and they do not enjoy being the victim of unjustified round removal.
something_iswrong wrote:and most of the time I abide by the rules
You have picked up roughly two notes per month in the time you've been here, compared to the majority of players this is not abiding by the rules most of the time.
something_iswrong wrote:I've been playing quite a while on the server, and even though i have a long history of notes it's mostly due to my long playtime
Many, many players have been around for several years and have way less notes than you. Two notes per month is not normal or reasonable.
something_iswrong wrote:I do not think the ban is unfair as the situation with the chef is not something that is as serious
I think you put an extra not in here, but regardless, random murder and round removal is a serious issue.
something_iswrong wrote:and especially not worthy of a PERMANENT ban
For someone with a less despicable history than you, it wouldn't be. You are not someone with a less despicable history.
something_iswrong wrote:If anything else, i've heard admins say before that killing a person would count as a 1 day ban
In the absence of other factors, yes. Your previous history made this incident the final straw that got you permabanned.
something_iswrong wrote:I mainly played on Civ13 in the past month, but otherwise I appealed this ban straight after being banned
And yet despite having had barely any time to forget about our conversation, you seem to have failed to give me the one thing I asked for, a good reason for why your presence benefits the server.

Given you have neither given me a reason to keep you around, or shown any kind of remorse for your actions, I see no reason to lift this ban.

TL;DR
See you next year
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
something_iswrong

Post by something_iswrong » #581404

But seriously though, does my history of bans really matter? Most of them aren't that great either, I literally got banned that same exact round for teamkilling in CTF after the round ended, which shouldn't happen because the round is already over and the are no rules at that point.
something_iswrong

Post by something_iswrong » #581406

Can't you make this ban at least a month-long or something? It really doesn't make sense to make the jump from 1-7 day bans to permanent bans
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #581411

Headmins are free to do that if they want to, but I personally have no intention of negotiating on this until you can demonstrate some improvement.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #581413

Pre-emptively jumping in here to clarify that this ban will be upheld.

Not once in this appeal have you even recognized what you did wrong. Given your lengthy history of notes, one of which includes a similar scenario of you wordlessly killing a clown in the kitchen that was upgrading equipment, gives us no other option but to acknowledge that you do not understand our rules and with your considerable playtime means you have no desire to try.

Go play somewhere else for a year and make sure to read and follow their rules. Once you've done that come back with a reference and only then will we look at this ban again.