Post by monkey » #581933

b]BYOND account:[/b] White-faced capuchin
Character name: I don't remember
Ban type: Server/Role/OOC/ server ban
Ban length: perma
Ban reason: Image
Time ban was placed: 2020-10-13 19:38
Server you were playing on when banned: Server name, eg, Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: Round ID, should be present in ban reason from server. 148245
Your side of the story: I was being obnoxious over comms and saying racial slurs, and then I got banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I'm sorry for my behavior and i would like to return to play on TG while also keeping in mind the new rules in place.
References of good conduct: If serverbanned and especially if permabanned, have you played on other servers during the time you were banned? No.
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Re: [Spookuni]White-faced Capuchin | Racism

Post by spookuni » #581950

Hi, Thanks for making an appeal.

The logs for the round in question are here https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/148 ... e=game.txt

Everything you said that round, first outside the kitchen, and then in the reeducation centre after sec dragged you there for slurring at people in the first place.
Spoiler:
10:05:13 GAME White-faced capuchin/(Cheese Touch) Client White-faced capuchin/(Cheese Touch) has taken ownership of mob (/mob/living/carbon/human) (8, 174, 1) start area
10:06:18 SAY White-faced capuchin/(Cheese Touch) "Nigger" (151, 164, 2) Fore Primary Hallway
10:06:40 SAY White-faced capuchin/(Cheese Touch) "help kitchen" (138, 160, 2) Atrium
10:07:05 SAY White-faced capuchin/(Cheese Touch) "WHAT DID I DO" (149, 165, 2) Atrium
10:07:26 SAY White-faced capuchin/(Cheese Touch) "I don't" (148, 165, 2) Atrium
10:07:29 SAY White-faced capuchin/(Cheese Touch) "You are a loser"
Spoiler:
10:08:46 SAY White-faced capuchin/(Cheese Touch) "Nigger" (221, 166, 2) Prisoner Education Chamber
10:08:54 SAY White-faced capuchin/(Cheese Touch) "Nigger chink jew nigger nigger faggot!!" (221, 166, 2) Prisoner Education Chamber
Given that you appear to have joined the round entirely to spout racist slurs at people, and then complain when they get mad at you, before suiciding in the brig and disconnecting, as well as your rather extensive note history prior to this incident, I see no reason to think that you would be a good fit for TG.

If you would like to return in future I recommend playing on another SS13 server for a few months and coming back with a vouch from them for good behaviour.

The headmins are free to overturn if they wish, but I will be denying this appeal.
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #581995

Was the word nigger directed at someone of African descent?

This is relevant since the host has stated just saying a racial slur, such as nigger, is not in itself prohibited.

Best regards
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Post by spookuni » #582000

Kryson wrote:Was the word nigger directed at someone of African descent?

This is relevant since the host has stated just saying a racial slur, such as nigger, is not in itself prohibited.

Best regards
The actual race of the person who was targeted is both unknown to me and irrelevant, malicious intent to demean is the target of rule 11, and I would consider doubling down with every slur you can think of in the moment when your initial slurs anger people to be solid evidence of a malicious, or at least particularly stupid, actor.