Appeals which have been closed.
TheGoostAstronaut

Paxilmaniac | TheGoodAstronaut

Post by TheGoostAstronaut » #581981

BYOND account: TheGoodAstronaut
Character name: Camden Hussian
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 1 day
Ban reason: Created a grief virus and released as a non-antag viro, then a ahelped when someone shot them for it. That's called ban baiting and we don't allow it here.
Time ban was placed: 2020-11-23 02:16:09
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 150822
Your side of the story: I was playing viro and made a "grief" virus that would do random mutations. Sometimes these mutations can be good so I released it. I then was killed and ahelped. He told me it was ban baiting and banned me.
Why you think you should be unbanned: In my eyes it didn't seem like a grief virus random mutations can be great such as the hulk mutation. However I think the main thing they are going off is the ban baiting part as they seemed to mention that a lot. I've looked in the rules and ban baiting isn't in there.
References of good conduct: none
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Paxilmaniac | TheGoodAstronaut

Post by PKPenguin321 » #581984

Link your BYOND account so that in the future you don't rewrite your post three times while it's on approval.

Past revisions:
Ban length: 1 day
Ban reason: Created a grief virus and released as a non-antag viro, then helped when someone shot them for it. That's called ban baiting and we don't allow it here.
Time ban was placed: around 6:20 PM
Round ID in which ban was placed: 1502822
Your side of the story: I made a virus that did random mutations and gave it to people, I proceeded to be killed and ahelped it. After him telling me It was justified and ban baiting i was banned.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Why should you get this opportunity to return, what value do you bring back to the community? Was your ban unfair? Justify it. Whilst I understand making a grief virus would justify a role ban or possibly a server ban. Mine pretty much only did random mutations which can be very helpful. Although it seems the main thing this admin is going off is the "ban baiting" part. I have looked in the rules and found nothing along the lines of ban baiting.
[b]Ban length: 1 day
[b]Ban reason:
Created a grief virus and released as a non-antag viro, then a ahelped when someone shot them for it. That's called ban baiting and we don't allow it here.
Time ban was placed: 2020-11-23 02:16:09
Round ID in which ban was placed: 150822
Your side of the story: I was playing viro and made a "grief" virus that would do random mutations. Sometimes these mutations can be good so I released it. I then was killed and ahelped. He told me it was ban baiting and banned me.
Why you think you should be unbanned: In my eyes it didn't seem like a grief virus random mutations can be great such as the hulk mutation. However I think the main thing they are going off is the ban baiting part as they seemed to mention that a lot. I've looked in the rules and ban baiting isn't in there.
References of good conduct: none
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
TheGoostAstronaut

Post by TheGoostAstronaut » #581987

Yeah I just did earlier sorry about that.
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #581988

Rule 7. If you regularly come close to breaking the rules without actually breaking them, it will be treated as the rules being broken.
Repeated instances of the same rules being broken may be met with harsher consequences. Baiting people into situations where you can report them to admins will be dealt with harshly.
I have bolded and underlined the relevant part of rule 7 that covers this sort of situation. Since you were a non-antagonist virologist releasing a harmful disease(Dormant DNA Activator) other players are allowed to follow Rule 4.
Rule 4. Lone antagonists can do whatever they want.
Short of metagaming/comms, bug/exploit abuse, erotic/creepy stuff, OOC in IC or IC in OOC, and spawn-camping arrivals. Team antagonists can do whatever they want as per lone antagonists, as long as it doesn’t harm their team. Non-antagonists can do whatever they want to antagonists as per lone antagonists, but non-antagonists are not allowed to pre-emptively search for, hinder or otherwise seek conflict with antagonists without reasonable prior cause. Non-antags acting like an antag can be treated as an antag.
Once again the relevant parts of the rule have been bolded and underlined.

I wished to address where in the rules you would find the information relevant to your appeal before the banning admin comes in when they are ready to reply.

Information on Dormant DNA Activator:
Spoiler:
The virus bonds with the DNA of the host, activating random dormant mutations within their DNA. When the virus is cured, the host's genetic alterations are undone.
As players have 8 genes in them available to mutate and a good half of the list make their life harder(Blindness, Mute, Deafness) and some can straight up kill you this is a negative virology symptom and should not be confused as a positive one.
TheGoostAstronaut

Post by TheGoostAstronaut » #581989

Oh I see. Sorry, I had no intentions of ban baiting that person.
Paxilmaniac
Byond Username: Paxilmaniac

Post by Paxilmaniac » #581992

You made a virus that had the symptom of dormant DNA activation, which is listed as a bad symptom, and any virus with it will be shown as a bad one through medical huds, which is already a clear sign that your virus was an intentionally made grief virus.

After making the virus you went around the station injecting random people with it under the pretense that it was a good, beneficial virus, which again it very much wasn't.

Sometime after you released the virus, it had spread to a majority of the station, and people were starting to mutate various bad mutations like HARS or blindness, at which point you were shot with a shotgun in medbay for releasing it on the crew.

After getting shot, you ahelped saying that the person who shot you, had done so "for no reason" which is quite clearly false.

You acted like an antag by releasing a bad virus, so you got treated by one by the crew and shot, which you used as a chance to ahelp the person who shot you, lying about the reason you were shot in the ahelp.

Because of all of that, I don't think this requires an appeal, and you should probably enjoy your day off.