[Naloac] Homer Simpson - Trouble in Springfield

Appeals which have been closed.
Königstiger
Byond Username: Konigstiger_ii

[Naloac] Homer Simpson - Trouble in Springfield

Post by Königstiger » #582471

Edit:Aight im real confused. why was this appeal revived several hours after my new one was posted? I checked this one and it looked as though it was removed from the table.

thanks to host for clearing it up, edited this to be my second post, as that was more concise

BYOND account: Konigstiger_ii
Character name: Homer SImpson
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Metacommunications with ILoveYouLots silently sabotaged the SM
Time ban was placed: 2020/10/26 17:02:50
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 149115
Your side of the story: Joined with ILoveYouLots as Marge and Homer Simpson, our intentions were not malicious; we have done this several times before as a joke and its gone pretty well. Now to the ground of the issue, ILoveYouLots is a long time player, and he mentored me in atmospherics and engineering. To that extent, we can be pretty fluid when working together as we know what we both like to do and what we need to do them. We only metacommed before the round, which was me saying "Ay lets go on TG and join as Marge and Homer again" and nothing else. Essentially what happened is the current atmos setup was... not to our liking and was weird. Looking at the logs, ILoveYouLots noted how the plasma line was poorly setup, and joked that we should plasmaflood. This was in fact a joke, as he said it directly in front of the other atmos tech to elicit a response; he was drawing light on how easy it would be to just waltz in, change a single pipe, and leave. We continue to make our improvements to the SM, which usually is installing a fuckton of freezers and multilayering the space cooling pipes. As they are my mentor, ILoveYouLots lead this endeavor and started taking the canisters to the intake. You see, if we where truly intent on sabotaging the SM we would have taken advantage of the sprawl that is atmos and piped directly in the engine, which would be far more effective. After all there was only one other atmos tech. We put more gas in the setup and it slightly destablisises, which isnt too bad, but we lost our sense of co ordination as we split up to apply our oun fixes. If i remember correctly i turned off an emitter to slow it down. Anyway, the crystal stops destabilising and starts recovering, we are both watching the screen at this point. The admin Bwoinks me and asks some questions. I entirely forgot that conversation but it was casing questions if i remember right, i was too focused on figuring out why the stability of the SM started dropping again. I was banned after that
Why you think you should be unbanned: It was a simple misunderstanding. Yes, the married couple gimmick could be considered metaganging, and yes, we caused a slight issue with the sm unintentionally, but we meant to cause no harm.If you deem it suitable, i ask that you either remove the ban, or give it a shorter length
Last edited by Königstiger on Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Re: [Naloac] Homer Simpson - Trouble in Springfield

Post by MrStonedOne » #582517

Königstiger wrote:Edit:Aight im real confused. why was this appeal revived several hours after my new one was posted? I checked this one and it looked as though it was removed from the table
Rewriting because i had seen other posts made later than mine have passed moderation, first one was poorly written anyway, and i have the logs now.
Not everybody has to sit through the moderation queue. Only users without a linked byond account do because spambots aren't smart enough to link a byond account using a game client.

So that is likely what you saw, your post had just never left moderation queue. I added a blurb to the banner for this section about linking byond accounts to avoid the queue.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #582887

Ive broken one of my hands so it'll be abit still before I can look properly at this. If another jannie wants to look at this they are free to do so.
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #582914

Eh, I'll take it.

You've got kind of a history of shittery on the server over the last year. That being said, I'd be willing to lift your ban under the following conditions:

1) You submit yourself to a one-month probation - anything that would warrant more than a day ban will result in your permaban being reinstated.
2) If you are found to be metacomming again, you will be banned and unable to appeal for a year.

Does that sound fair?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Königstiger
Byond Username: Konigstiger_ii

Post by Königstiger » #582919

Vekter wrote: 1) You submit yourself to a one-month probation - anything that would warrant more than a day ban will result in your permaban being reinstated.
2) If you are found to be metacomming again, you will be banned and unable to appeal for a year.
Sounds fair enough to me
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #582964

who the fuck locked this

Alright, fair deal. I'll remove your ban when I get back to my PC. ILoveYouLots will need to submit their own appeal.

E: You're unbanned, cause no trouble.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you