[Timberpoes] Speeno permaban

Appeals which have been closed.
speeno
Byond Username: Speeno

[Timberpoes] Speeno permaban

Post by speeno » #584345

BYOND account: speeno
Character name: Can't remember what it was at the time.
Ban type: Server ban.
Ban length: Permanent.
Ban reason: Banned from the server permanently - OOC: Speeno: tbh i would be fine with ERP verbs solely so i could nut on rhials as HoP
Had the following offer at the time of ban: If he does anything worthy of another high severity note, boot him. He has a month to shape up.
You are welcome to appeal within 6 months.
Time ban was placed: Nearly 2 months ago, on the 27th of October.
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel.
Round ID in which ban was placed: 149149
Your side of the story: Well, after my first ban, I switched accounts due to server drama outside of /tg/. I thought I'd play on /tg/ again with my new account (one, the name was better and two, i'd got messages earlier showing screenshots of people flaming me on the private manuel discord) and try for a fresh start. I (mistakenly) didn't notify admins and ended up getting bwoinked about it. After explaining, I was told that I had a month to shape up or I'd be permabanned. A couple rounds later, I logged back in, and made an off-hand dumb joke about jizz (because jizz funny!!! haha jizz!!) and was permabanned. The note said to appeal within 6 months, so I'm appealing within them 6 months.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I've played quite a bit of other servers in the time I've been banned, and I feel like I'm capable of not being a complete and total nuisance. I've also made a few PRs for the servers I've played on in the last while to add new content and such. If I come back, I'll probably write some dope code for the server. Apart from that, I can also do wacky engineering stuff like making 2000KW with an SM setup or cooling all the plasma to the point it could be condensed into a single tank.
References of good conduct: Well, I've been playing a lot of Goonstation, where I have had some good times doing wacky stuff, and I've also been playing a lot of /tg/ forks and stuff like NSV where I've yet to be banned for making a dumb jizz joke or griffing massly. In fact, I have like, 3 notes in the span of somewhere around 2 months or more total for minor shit.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [Timberpoes] Speeno permaban

Post by Timberpoes » #584360

Ordinarily when people are permabanned they have to wait a year before they're allowed to appeal.

Because your behaviour that led to your ban wasn't the worst and was basically being an LRP pain in the ass on our MRP servers collecting some 20 odd notes and bans for breaking just about every rule we had, I used my discretion to ask you to appeal after 6 months instead of 1 year.

If I recall correctly from the ticket where I banned you, I advised you to go play on other servers with MRP or harsher rulesets and get used to following the damn rules.

I however accept that my note was worded exactly how you interpreted it with regards to when you'd be able to appeal, so I will accept that error in phrasing on my part and will consider this appeal shortly - as I've just woken up and I'm phone posting from bed.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
speeno

Post by speeno » #584361

Timberpoes wrote:Ordinarily when people are permabanned they have to wait a year before they're allowed to appeal.

Because your behaviour that led to your ban wasn't the worst and was basically being an LRP pain in the ass on our MRP servers collecting some 20 odd notes and bans for breaking just about every rule we had, I used my discretion to ask you to appeal after 6 months instead of 1 year.

If I recall correctly from the ticket where I banned you, I advised you to go play on other servers with MRP or harsher rulesets and get used to following the damn rules.

I however accept that my note was worded exactly how you interpreted it with regards to when you'd be able to appeal, so I will accept that error in phrasing on my part and will consider this appeal shortly - as I've just woken up and I'm phone posting from bed.
oh alright
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #584364

On your other account which I won't publicly name, the last recorded note on it was from Vekter and it reads "Banned from the server for 2 weeks - Thirteen notes for assorted LRP shittery on Manuel in ten days."

This is followed by you using your current account (speeno) after your previous account's ban had expired.

Within a couple of days you catch my eye and I bwoink and note you for poor play as warden. Vekter later links you to your previous account and leaves you with a very clear final offer. "If he does anything worthy of another high severity note, boot him. He has a month to shape up."

The following round from that warning, you post that single dumb sentence in OOC and after a little heart-to-heart with you in the ticket, I ban you.

However, the current world events how they are and in the build up to the Christmas season, I'm willing to extend you the following good-faith offer:

Option 1: You will be put on probation until 27th April 2021 - The date when you would have originally been able to appeal this ban if I had worded it properly. If you do anything that would net you a high severity note within those 4 months of probation you will be permabanned again, and this time it will be a full year from the date of that permaban before you're allowed to appeal.

Option 2: If you do not accept the Option 1 offer, you will be able to re-appeal this ban on the 27th April 2021 after the intended 6 months from your ban date have expired.

And do be aware this a very harsh restriction. High severity notes are given for any incident that would have otherwise resulted in a ban of 1 or more days. This can even include things you do accidentally. This can also include something that would not ordinarily be banned for, but your note history and other behaviour causes and admin to escalate it up to a more serious punishment.

Only accept Option 1 if you are absolutely certain you can play on /tg/ within the rules for the next 4 months.

Which option would you like, my dude?
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
speeno

Post by speeno » #584365

Timberpoes wrote:On your other account which I won't publicly name, the last recorded note on it was from Vekter and it reads "Banned from the server for 2 weeks - Thirteen notes for assorted LRP shittery on Manuel in ten days."

This is followed by you using your current account (speeno) after your previous account's ban had expired.

Within a couple of days you catch my eye and I bwoink and note you for poor play as warden. Vekter later links you to your previous account and leaves you with a very clear final offer. "If he does anything worthy of another high severity note, boot him. He has a month to shape up."

The following round from that warning, you post that single dumb sentence in OOC and after a little heart-to-heart with you in the ticket, I ban you.

However, the current world events how they are and in the build up to the Christmas season, I'm willing to extend you the following good-faith offer:

Option 1: You will be put on probation until 27th April 2021 - The date when you would have originally been able to appeal this ban if I had worded it properly. If you do anything that would net you a high severity note within those 4 months of probation you will be permabanned again, and this time it will be a full year from the date of that permaban before you're allowed to appeal.

Option 2: If you do not accept the Option 1 offer, you will be able to re-appeal this ban on the 27th April 2021 after the intended 6 months from your ban date have expired.

And do be aware this a very harsh restriction. High severity notes are given for any incident that would have otherwise resulted in a ban of 1 or more days. This can even include things you do accidentally. This can also include something that would not ordinarily be banned for, but your note history and other behaviour causes and admin to escalate it up to a more serious punishment.

Only accept Option 1 if you are absolutely certain you can play on /tg/ within the rules for the next 4 months.

Which option would you like, my dude?
Option 1. I believe that I could act competent and not be a shining example of what not to do.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #584366

You have now been unbanned. You should be able to log in immediately. Your account has had the following note added to it:
2020-12-18 22:29:18 | Manuel | Timberpoes wrote:Had permanent ban removed early on appeal with the player accepting the following condition: You will be put on probation until 27th April 2021. If you do anything that would net you a high severity note within those 4 months of probation you will be permabanned again, and this time it will be a full year from the date of that permaban before you're allowed to appeal.
You can see this note by going to the OOC tab and selecting the View Admin Remarks option.

Have fun and follow the damn rules!