Byond Username: RafCossack

[Coconutwarrior97] rafcossack - cheating acusation

Post by rafcossack » #584622

BYOND account: rafcossack
Character name: debi loide
Ban type: server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason:
Admitted to using macros in game to quickly name plumbing chambers, was also asking for specifics on how autoclicker detection works on the discord. When informed on the discord by another that they shouldn't use this information or they'd get bonked responded with "thats why I need the right timing". This, and given a history of frequent rule breaks leads me to place a permanent ban.

Server you were playing on when banned: manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 152591
Why you think you should be unbanned: it's not cheating to automate writing in reaction chambers neither to ask click cooldown on discord

ahk script I use that JUST WRITES for me, that for some reason gives me unfair advantage to the point I need to be removed from the server forever

^0:: ; table salt
click, %dgtX%, %dgtY%
send, sodium
click, %qtdX%, %qtdY%
send, 5
click, %addX%, %addY%
click, %dgtX%, %dgtY%, 2
send, chlorine
click, %addX%, %addY%
click, %dgtX%, %dgtY%, 2
send, water
click, %addX%, %addY%
click, %fecharX%, %fecharY%
return
rafcossack

Re: [Coconutwarrior97] rafcossack - cheating acusation

Post by rafcossack » #584623

https://streamable.com/7oyvs6

truly an inhumanly advantage, it isnt even that fast..., 2 seconds to write 3 words
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #584649

Using a macro to give yourself an IC advantage over players is something which is not acceptable.
Though not all macros are necessarily disallowed, such as one letting you kill yourself super quickly while playing Oregon trail, that's just kinda funny and effectively harmless.

Its going to be context sensitive as to which ones are allowed vs not allowed, but as long as it doesn't give you an IC advantage you're likely fine.

Headmin votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Yes, this is mostly a common sense thing, as long as your macro doesn't give you a leg up over others I don't really care.
Domitius: Yes.
Noaloac: Yes.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... ro#p579563
rafcossack

Post by rafcossack » #584654

First i firmly disbelieve i had any considerable unfair advantages over players or caused harm to the players using this purely writing macro that doesn't ever interact with players, as i also fail to se much difference from it to ctrl c ctrl v which is also a inbuilt less complex macro that print saved words

Second i did not knew about this policy discussion as nothing is hinted over the main rules place, you can say "it should be obvious" not really, since it is also not obvious where the line is crossed

Third, admins never noticed and would never because there is no notable difference by looking since it is not even faster, it doesn't move my character it just writes in a screen, until I said I used, and i only said because I innocently thought it was fine to use and since what i was doing was completely harmless I just said

Lastly the reason I did it, plumbing becomes very unfun by the second round of filling dozens of reaction chambers with the same words over and over and over, it is a chore, and i thought what if i I save my time with less writing and more planing and actually playing the game, for me truly it is just a harmless quality of life change that allows me to enjoy the game when I wanna also plumb, I think my point of view and what i thought at the moment of creation is extremely important to the resolution of this appeal as a humanly consideration of someone who just wants to have fun playing spessman and didn't thought about harming or causing prejudice by cheating other people with my word printer

I feel unfair to put me in the same basket as aimboters or whatever, if i stole a candy as a kid I should not be put with third degree murderers

Since admin rulings are supreme and inflexible i feel that this is the only and best I can do in my defence
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #584671

they have a point there's no real advantages here, just minor speedups.

Sure they probably have a lot of other macros they use to garner in game advantages, no doubt about it, but it's impossible to prove.

This should have been a rule 1 ban for behaviour instead.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #584746

After taking some time to think it over, I can see how using the macro related to renaming plumbing stuff is fairly negligible, though I still don't like it. That alone does not warrant a permaban.

However the fact still remains you were trying to skirt the rules by setting up an autoclicker,
Spoiler:
For that reason I'm going to deny this appeal. You can appeal in a years time with a good vouch from another server.