Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

[Anonymous Jannie] deedubya - the return of the king

Post by deedubya » #585710

BYOND account: see stage left
Character name: loli catgirls
Ban type: forum
Ban length: someone's definitely trying to make it permanent
Ban reason: someone was bored and saw me make a post in one of the few forums I was still allowed to post in
Time ban was placed: months ago
Server you were playing on when banned: boomerstation
Round ID in which ban was placed: who knows

Your side of the story: This went completely unaddressed in my previous appeal, so it seems my initial hunch of making them separate was the one I should have gone with.

To repeat: I made a post well after I was confined to the shed, that was inoffensive and appeared to break no rules.
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 66#p572566

It's also quite clear seeing posts from other people that are also "confined to the shed" that this is a place they are permitted to post in:
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/search.ph ... 8&sr=posts

After making this post, this usergroup was anonymously added to my account with no warning or message whatsoever:

It should be noted that the above usergroup is distinctly different from the one I already had:

So evidently, an anonymous jannie decided to apply a further punishment to my account for the abhorrent crime of daring to make a single post in an area I was permitted to post in, and figured he'd get away with it. (He probably will.)

Why you think you should be unbanned: that should be pretty clear by now

References of good conduct: anyone that hasn't taken complete leave of their senses

aside: We had a betting pool in our staffbus as to what the result of the last appeal would be. My bet was on rejection+further punishment, so you made me lose that one. Good going, dicks.

note for post approval: This is regarding a separate ban that was not addressed by the unknown offending party in the original appeal. You can embarrass yourself by denying this, but all you're doing is proving me right.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Re: [Anonymous Jannie] deedubya - the return of the king

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #585749

Since you technically included me as a reference of good conduct (assuming this post is real and I am able to percieve it), I'd like to state that I do not actually endorse your actions.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #585786

Just FYI the shed was removed so it is possible that people who were previously on that role got sent to appeal only land, and it not be a targeted action. I’m not sure how that was handled.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #585926

Cobby wrote:Just FYI the shed was removed so it is possible that people who were previously on that role got sent to appeal only land, and it not be a targeted action. I’m not sure how that was handled.
This post as well as the headmin post in the previous post indicates to me that the people who's job it is to fully read and understand appeal posts aren't actually reading them. Shows what the standards are for administration in this community nowadays, I suppose.

I'm aware that the hut was deleted. My appeal post goes into sufficient detail explaining how what happened to me was an anomaly compared to others in the same situation.

PS: If you're reading this, happy New Year!

note to the janny that keeps rejecting these: You and I both know full well that I'm allowed to post in my own fuckin' appeal thread. It's easier to me to ctrl+c and ctrl+v these posts than it is for you to go to the janny panel and reject them. Up to you when you'd like to stop playing stupid games. It's just a shame that rejected posts aren't logged with your name attached to them the same way deleted posts are.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #586044

No horse in this race, just laying out purely objective info from what I can see: The "banning admin" in this case (IE the one who applied the usergroups to you) was probably MSO. Invite-only usergroups can only have people added to them by either leaders of the group or by a board admin, and neither the Confined to the Hut group nor the softban group have leaders, leaving board admins. It might be possible that head admins can add people to groups too, but I would not know for certain (the extent of my knowledge is that I do not recall this being possible when I was headmin several years ago, but that could have changed since).

Sadly usergroup modifications do not seem to be kept in the moderator log. Post approvals and disapprovals are kept, but only the (dis)approver/the disapproval reason, not the post being (dis)approved nor its contents/author. It is worth noting that this thread was denied by a board admin then approved in a separate instance by an ingame admin, meaning it's unlikely that this thread was intended to be approved at all. Also, your posts were disapproved on multiple occasions by a variety of different admins, so it's really not any one admin having it out for you as far as I can tell. Before you ask, I personally have been hands-off on this topic entirely mod-powers-wise save for the info I lay out in this post.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #586321

The post you made in the off topic form came off as a surprise to us last term since you shouldn't have been able to post in off topic with the "confined to the hut" role. Since the NTR hut had been deleted last term it had been decided to simply soft forum ban you, restricting you to post approval in ban appeals only.

We'll go ahead and do the same to anyone else with the "confined to the hut" role, since not applying it to everyone was an oversight last term.

This appeal is denied

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Deny.
Domitius: Deny.
Naloac: Deny.