[MrAlphonzo] CastorTroy23 - back so soon?

Appeals which have been closed.

Moderators: In-Game Game Master, In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Admin

User avatar
CastorTroy23
 
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:32 pm
Byond Username: CastorTroy23

[MrAlphonzo] CastorTroy23 - back so soon?

Postby CastorTroy23 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:08 am #585860

BYOND account: castortroy23
Character name: John Irish
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: You were asked to refrain from using bigoted language. Within 2 minutes of the ticket ending, you did it again. Your permaban just got lifted. You have proven you have no good faith intentions in any of your interactions with the community, as you immediately jumped to breaking the rules without any hesitation right after you were unbanned. You have a history of using targetted bigoted language. This is a rule 1 and rule 11 ban.
Time ban was placed: 02:58:59
Round ID in which ban was placed: 153314 ( https://sb.atlantaned.space/ticket/b04e39d81a2beec6 )
Why you think you should be unbanned: as explained in the ticket, although I did say it accidentally at the start of the shift, the uttering of the words "nigger/s" "nigga/s" were out of context and plain slurs, not bigoted opinions
References of good conduct: same as the last one



User avatar
MrAlphonzo
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 10:55 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Re: [MrAlphonzo] CastorTroy23 - back so soon?

Postby MrAlphonzo » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:37 am #585877

I think its fair to say that what you said in the tickets wasn't sufficient enough. Seeing as how you're banned. Again. Put a little more effort into your appeals.

Okand37, a gamemaster, spoke to you directly in a PM, in which they told you to refrain from using bigoted language. It was for this message you stated as a security officer at roundstart:
[2021-01-01 02:22:50.555] SAY: CastorTroy23/(John Irish) "cracks neck yep" (Security Post - Medbay (147,125,4))
[2021-01-01 02:22:52.804] SAY: CastorTroy23/(John Irish) "nigger killing time" (Security Post - Medbay (147,125,4))

You were smited as punishment for breaking rule 11 (smiting being an indicator of you doing something you should not have):
[2021-01-01 02:24:12.784] ADMIN: Jimmius/(Clyde Thunderpants) punished CastorTroy23/(John Irish) with Brain damage.

You were aware that you were reprimanded for what you said:
[2021-01-01 02:26:17.171] SAY: CastorTroy23/(John Irish) "I said nigger and gods gave me like 5 traumas" (Medbay Central (148,117,4))

And this was your rebuttal:
[2021-01-01 02:26:21.807] SAY: CastorTroy23/(John Irish) "I'll do it again" (Medbay Central (148,117,4))

You continued to show off your progressive vocabulary:
[2021-01-01 02:28:49.303] SAY: CastorTroy23/(John Irish) "whats good my coon" (Pharmacy (135,122,4))

Here, again, you make it clear that you are aware why you were smited:
[2021-01-01 02:29:05.573] SAY: CastorTroy23/(John Irish) "I suppose it's because I said "nigger" before" (Pharmacy (135,122,4))

The first ticket:
[2021-01-01 02:35:28.760] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Okand37/(Lane Jones)->CastorTroy23/(John Irish): Hey bud, just a check-up to remind you not to use gamer words. I'd like to direct your attention to Rule 11 (Bigotry is not allowed). Try to keep that kind of stuff of the server, please. Have a good round!
(For some reason, CastorTroy's replies to the admin-PMs were not logged.)
[2021-01-01 02:36:08.922] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Okand37/(Lane Jones)->CastorTroy23/(John Irish): Yessir. Just try to keep it off the server. Thanks for being understanding. Cheers.

So, what did you do after you reprimanded, asked to not do something clearly, then say you will not do that?
This:
[2021-01-01 02:38:45.688] SAY: CastorTroy23/(John Irish) "nigger warden not answering" (Brig (120,170,4))
[2021-01-01 02:40:00.866] SAY: CastorTroy23/(John Irish) "niger down" (Central Primary Hallway (117,140,4))

The second ticket:
https://sb.atlantaned.space/ticket/b04e39d81a2beec6

As I stated there, context is important. Let's pretend the word isn't bigoted in of itself (it is). When the very first thing you say in the same round is "nigger killing time", I'm less inclined to believe that you are using bigoted language in good faith (if that is even hypothetically possible). I am even less inclined to believe that when your first instinct was to figure out how you can dance around the rule immediately after the admin who reprimanded you disconnected from the server. The very same round. Shamelessly.

This directly correlates to your uncooperativeness in adminhelps that got you permabanned previously.

You were asked not to do something. You immediately went and did that something afterwards. Again, for emphasis, this correlates directly to your last permaban in which you were deemed uncooperative with administrators.

But that's not the only thing in your record that this relates to.

The final nail in the coffin:
Image

Ontop of your OOC permaban, this exact same scenario has played out only 3 months ago. In September, you used bigoted language in specific reference to a person. You were reprimanded for it. You did it again, the very next day.

You have proven you do not care about our rules, any punishments we give you, or anything we say to you. So why should we unban someone who will never listen to anything we have to say?
Image
Image
Image
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote:i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on

User avatar
CastorTroy23
 
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:32 pm
Byond Username: CastorTroy23

Re: [MrAlphonzo] CastorTroy23 - back so soon?

Postby CastorTroy23 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:32 am #585945

Hi. I do not believe that answer length equates effort or a better argument.

Okand37, a gamemaster, spoke to you directly in a PM, in which they told you to refrain from using bigoted language. It was for this message you stated as a security officer at roundstart:
[2021-01-01 02:22:50.555] SAY: CastorTroy23/(John Irish) "cracks neck yep" (Security Post - Medbay (147,125,4))
[2021-01-01 02:22:52.804] SAY: CastorTroy23/(John Irish) "nigger killing time" (Security Post - Medbay (147,125,4))

You were smited as punishment for breaking rule 11 (smiting being an indicator of you doing something you should not have):
[2021-01-01 02:24:12.784] ADMIN: Jimmius/(Clyde Thunderpants) punished CastorTroy23/(John Irish) with Brain damage.
And this was your rebuttal:
[2021-01-01 02:26:21.807] SAY: CastorTroy23/(John Irish) "I'll do it again" (Medbay Central (148,117,4))

You continued to show off your progressive vocabulary:
[2021-01-01 02:28:49.303] SAY: CastorTroy23/(John Irish) "whats good my coon" (Pharmacy (135,122,4))

Here, again, you make it clear that you are aware why you were smited:
[2021-01-01 02:29:05.573] SAY: CastorTroy23/(John Irish) "I suppose it's because I said "nigger" before" (Pharmacy (135,122,4))

The first ticket:
[2021-01-01 02:35:28.760] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Okand37/(Lane Jones)->CastorTroy23/(John Irish): Hey bud, just a check-up to remind you not to use gamer words. I'd like to direct your attention to Rule 11 (Bigotry is not allowed). Try to keep that kind of stuff of the server, please. Have a good round!
(For some reason, CastorTroy's replies to the admin-PMs were not logged.)
[2021-01-01 02:36:08.922] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Okand37/(Lane Jones)->CastorTroy23/(John Irish): Yessir. Just try to keep it off the server. Thanks for being understanding. Cheers.


Yes. As stated in the ahelp, this was force of habit : I understand I need to be on my best behavior regarding the rules, but having not played /tg/station 13 for 2 months, I regrettably got that out of my system.
I thought it was because I said "nigger", which, in itself, is not against the rules (I was, however, wrong, seen how it was because I said "time to kill niggers"). That is why I said I'd do it again.

I find it odd that the response was not logged. I said, just like above, that it was out of habit, and that I was sorry. I suppose you can ask Okand37 about it.

As for the other instances of me using my "progressive" language, I use it with friend and foe alike on Terry station. Never, EVER, have I been bwoinked for only the use of the word "nigger", or for the fact of any slur.

StickyMayhem's OOC ban was before the introduction of Rule 11. Both naming policy bwoinks simply use slurs that do not even refer to the person in question's real identity. They are not a violation of rule 11, and as stated in the ahelps I was told both wizards and clowns had a lax naming policy (had seen mimes named "Guys They Changed Terry Server Box" and countless clowns named Nick Gurr and other funny slurs.).

I'm not going to bother arguing about rule 1 since it seems to be used only when the admin wishes to.

You have proven you do not care about our rules, any punishments we give you, or anything we say to you. So why should we unban someone who will never listen to anything we have to say?


As stated above, I have never, ever been bwoinked simply for the usage of the word "nigger".

11. Bigotry is not allowed.
Intentionally seeking to demean others due to their actual or perceived race, sex, gender, orientation or the like is not tolerated.
It is not our goal to create or enforce a list of banned words and instead our goal to eject bigotry from the community. Enforcement will be less PC based and more common sense based with that goal in mind.
The above rule applies to ALL OOC bigotry, even when expressed in IC. There is no racism in 2560, just species-ism, There is no homophobia, just xenophiliapobia, etc.
Admins are encouraged to use rule 1 to deal with instances where """IC""" bigotry is excessive or designed as a mask for ooc bigotry.


I did not demean anyone due to their actual or perceived race, sex, gender, orientation.

PostThis post was deleted by Armhulen on Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:47 pm.
Reason: peanut post

User avatar
MrAlphonzo
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 10:55 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Re: [MrAlphonzo] CastorTroy23 - back so soon?

Postby MrAlphonzo » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:49 pm #585993

Let's say what you said doesn't break rule 11 (it does.) Rule 1 is also in your ban reason.

Admins are encouraged to use rule 1 to deal with instances where """IC""" bigotry is excessive or designed as a mask for ooc bigotry.


Thanks for quoting rule 11 for me brother, you just wrote my response for me.

Denied.
Image
Image
Image
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote:i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on

User avatar
CastorTroy23
 
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:32 pm
Byond Username: CastorTroy23

Re: [MrAlphonzo] CastorTroy23 - back so soon?

Postby CastorTroy23 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:20 pm #585996

Yeah, except the ban reason is not due to IC bigotry.
It is defined as "Intentionally seeking to demean others due to their actual or perceived race, sex, gender, orientation or the like is not tolerated. ".
I did not do so ICly after the first ticket.

Rule 1 is also the most arbitrarily imposed.

User avatar
MrAlphonzo
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 10:55 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Re: [MrAlphonzo] CastorTroy23 - back so soon?

Postby MrAlphonzo » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:21 pm #585997

CastorTroy23 wrote:Rule 1 is also the most arbitrarily imposed.


and its being imposed lmao
Image
Image
Image
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote:i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on

User avatar
CastorTroy23
 
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:32 pm
Byond Username: CastorTroy23

Re: [MrAlphonzo] CastorTroy23 - back so soon?

Postby CastorTroy23 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:29 pm #586001

OK. Glad you did not bother refuting my counter-argument to the alleged rule 11 violation.
Seen how I've been saying "nigger" and countless other slurs on Terry with more than half a dozen of different admins without having been bwoinked once about it, the extreme incoherence of this ban reason and your unwillingness to change your mind, I am calling for a headmin review (once more).

PostThis post was deleted by Domitius on Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:49 pm.
Reason: Peanut-Post

User avatar
technokek
 
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:27 am
Byond Username: Technokek

Re: [MrAlphonzo] CastorTroy23 - back so soon?

Postby technokek » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:30 am #586208

CastorTroy23 wrote:OK. Glad you did not bother refuting my counter-argument to the alleged rule 11 violation.
Seen how I've been saying "nigger" and countless other slurs on Terry with more than half a dozen of different admins without having been bwoinked once about it, the extreme incoherence of this ban reason and your unwillingness to change your mind, I am calling for a headmin review (once more).



Hey just saying.

You got a OOC ban for doing exactly that and just because an admin has not punished you for breaking a rule before doesn't mean no admin is able to do it in the future.

User avatar
Domitius
 
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:30 am
Byond Username: Domitius

Re: [MrAlphonzo] CastorTroy23 - back so soon?

Postby Domitius » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:40 am #586322

To quickly recap we're going to go over a couple points.

First is this incident,

[2021-01-01 02:22:50.555] SAY: CastorTroy23/(John Irish) "cracks neck yep" (Security Post - Medbay (147,125,4))
[2021-01-01 02:22:52.804] SAY: CastorTroy23/(John Irish) "nigger killing time" (Security Post - Medbay (147,125,4))

You were asked to refrain from using bigoted language by Okand37.

[2021-01-01 02:35:28.760] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Okand37/(Lane Jones)->CastorTroy23/(John Irish): Hey bud, just a check-up to remind you not to use gamer words. I'd like to direct your attention to Rule 11 (Bigotry is not allowed). Try to keep that kind of stuff of the server, please. Have a good round!
(For some reason, CastorTroy's replies to the admin-PMs were not logged.)
[2021-01-01 02:36:08.922] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Okand37/(Lane Jones)->CastorTroy23/(John Irish): Yessir. Just try to keep it off the server. Thanks for being understanding. Cheers.

Within 2 minutes of this ticket ending, you did it again.

[2021-01-01 02:38:45.688] SAY: CastorTroy23/(John Irish) "nigger warden not answering" (Brig (120,170,4))
[2021-01-01 02:40:00.866] SAY: CastorTroy23/(John Irish) "niger down" (Central Primary Hallway (117,140,4))

Given your previous language during this round it seems pretty clear to us that this use of slurs was in violation of rule 11 which you were just warned about. You were given another chance and you've clearly demonstrated how much you haven't grown since your last appeal.

You may try to appeal again in a year with a good voucher from another server.

This appeal is denied.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Reject appeal.
Domitius: Reject appeal.
Naloac: Reject appeal.


Return to Resolved Appeals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users