EdgeLord_exe
Byond Username: ELord_exe

[Discord] - Banned for shitposting again

Post by EdgeLord_exe » #586164

Discord username: Edge#3609
Banning admin: Hulkmania
Ban reason:Image
Time ban was placed: 5 days ago? 6? something like that
Your side of the story: I shitposted in #politics-containment, basically just throwing random videos and gifs, and i got banned supposedly for being transphobic/homophobic/rascist..
Why you think you should be unbanned: ..which is true, some of these memes were trans/homophobic / rascist, but you must understand me, i wasn't insulting anybody, i wasn't pinging someone and saying their whole family should die for who they are, if at all, i was throwing offensive content into the ether, not trying to offend someone in particular, if someone did get offended, than that's fine i understand the nature of these images were not family friendly, but i didn't post it in general channel, or some other channel. i posted these memes in politics-containment which is, as the name implies a containment channel for retarded shit like this. Now if you think im transphobic / rascist / homophobic that's fine i don't care, but you cannot claim i was targeting someone or making threats towards someone, unlike the last time i was banned, where i pinged a staff member with a transphobic video while insulting their mum, i didn't cross any lines here. i didn't offend anyone (to my knowledge), i didn't target anyone and i didn't intend to. If i remember correctly noone was mad at me shitposting either. This situation could have been resolved with any of the admins (There were few in the chat). Now hulk, i understand everyone can have a bad day in a while, but cmon man, there isn't a rule against throwin insults at the air, what is the justification against banning slightly edgy shitposting that isn't targetting anyone in particular?
Last edited by EdgeLord_exe on Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: [Discord] - Banned for shitposting again

Post by bobbahbrown » #586166

actual ban reason

seasons greetings,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #586186

I feel that it's important to note that Edge has been toeing rule 11 for a while now, specifically against Romani peoples, most discussion happening in politics containment.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #586189

If we're talking about rule 11, this guy has a fucking moon man avatar.

https://www.adl.org/education/reference ... s/moon-man
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #586195

Hello! I just wanted to help you (and anybody else reading this thread) understand our position on these rules and enforcing them should you find yourself unbanned by the banning admin or headmins.
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Admin_Conduct#Rule_11_.28Bigotry.29_Enforcement_Guidelines wrote: Bigotry - noun
big·​ot·​ry | \ˈbi-gə-trē\
acts or beliefs characteristic of a bigot
Bigot - noun
big·​ot | \ˈbi-gət\
One who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

When deciding rather or not to enforce this rule on a player, as well as how severe of an enforcement, please concider the following questions:
  • Are they expressing hatred or intolerance toward a protected group (race, sex, gender, orientation (note: both majorities and minorities count))?
  • How likely are they to know that their actions/words are expressing hatred or intolerance toward a protected group?
  • Assuming they read and remember the rules, how likely are they to make the connection that their conduct is not allowed? (Not all of our players come from first world country with a culture that places an emphasis on promoting tolerance and sensitivity)
  • Have they tried to previously claim instances were accidental references but they just keep accidentally being a bigot?
It's ok to give somebody a warning or a lighter punishment at first and crack down harder if they keep it up.
And finally, remember, the goal is to remove the 'expression' of bigotry from the community, not to establish a thought crime against bigots, they can feel how ever they want as long as they can keep it to themselves.
That main things I want to draw your attention to is bullet point 1, as well as the finishing thoughts.

For example, posting a noose meme in the middle of a discussion about femboys vs transexuals, that came 10 minutes after you posted a meme about trans suicide seems like pretty clear expression of hatred or intolerance toward a protected group (context matters).

Also, while I was looking at your posts to the dungeon, I wanted to draw your attention to another rule, that while not being the main reason why you got banned, likely contributed to it:
discord rules wrote:3: Discord is for discourse to happen. Do not disrupt the ability to hold a conversation. This includes spam, excessive embeds, and so on. Enclose links with < > to hide embeds.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
EdgeLord_exe

Post by EdgeLord_exe » #586214

There is a major distinction between what people actually believe and what they post on the internet. i mean fuck, if you had ever talked to me you'd understand that i support all the people yall proclaim i hate.
EdgeLord_exe

Post by EdgeLord_exe » #586221

bobbahbrown wrote:actual ban reason

seasons greetings,
bobbah 'bee' brown
~
thank you for giving me the screenshot, gonna update the reason
EdgeLord_exe

Post by EdgeLord_exe » #586222

Vekter wrote:I feel that it's important to note that Edge has been toeing rule 11 for a while now, specifically against Romani peoples, most discussion happening in politics containment.
romani people? i don't remember ever having a discussion about romani's where i said something negative about them.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #586224

EdgeLord_exe wrote:There is a major distinction between what people actually believe and what they post on the internet. i mean fuck, if you had ever talked to me you'd understand that i support all the people yall proclaim i hate.
Acting as a conduit for /pol/ content direct to a community that doesn't tolerate it doesn't make this distinction worthwhile. Your actions are that of someone pushing anti-semitic, transphobic and bigoted ideas into a community that isn't interested in that shit. No one is giving any consideration to your personal beliefs in the same way we don't give any consideration to the beliefs of a member of the KKK who is genuinely just in it for a sense of community, fun BBQs and invigorating motivational speeches but otherwise appears externally to the rest of the world as just another member of the KKK.

I've personally been telling you to stop this shit for months and you keep doing it. You have no standing to be surprised by this outcome.

I AM A BIG DUMB IDIOT WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND HOW DISCORD SEARCH WORKS
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
EdgeLord_exe

Post by EdgeLord_exe » #586229

Also the irony of "Gypsy isn't a slur" directly after "Gypsy means scammer/thief" is epic[/quote]

The fuck i don't remember ever writing any of that shit. are you sure this is me?

I'm 99.99% sure this is someone else.

EDIT: apparently this is me? i don't remember ever writing that. nor do i agree with what i've written back then. i might have been drunk i really don't remember writing any of that, and am disgusted at myself if it was me.

EDIT 2: look i guess i was right, this is unverifiable.
Last edited by EdgeLord_exe on Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #586244

Also the irony of "Gypsy isn't a slur" directly after "Gypsy means scammer/thief" is epic

The fuck i don't remember ever writing any of that shit. are you sure this is me?

EDIT: apparently this is me? i don't remember ever writing that. nor do i agree with what i've written back then. i might have been drunk i really don't remember writing any of that, and am disgusted at myself.
You are 100% right those comments aren't verifiable

You're on the block for dumb memes not dumb opinions. Another case of the stickymayhem admin misconduct cabal attempting to destroy an innocent player. Somebody stop him please
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #586286

EdgeLord_exe wrote:Image

Also the irony of "Gypsy isn't a slur" directly after "Gypsy means scammer/thief" is epic

EDIT: apparently this is me? i don't remember ever writing that. nor do i agree with what i've written back then. i might have been drunk i really don't remember writing any of that, and am disgusted at myself if it was me.

EDIT 2: look i guess i was right, this is unverifiable.
This is not you, your original account Edge#3609 exists and your posts wouldn't show as "Deleted User".
Last edited by PKPenguin321 on Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed response to delete
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #586296

This is getting out of hand. I'm locking this thread until Hulk is able to reply. Take your issues to a Peanut thread.

Mod edit: Peanuts removed, warnings issued, unlocking
Last edited by PKPenguin321 on Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod edit
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #586317

EdgeLord_exe wrote:There is a major distinction between what people actually believe and what they post on the internet. i mean fuck, if you had ever talked to me you'd understand that i support all the people yall proclaim i hate.
It seems like you are arguing that we should make Rule 11 a thought crime. That's not how I plan to run our community, from that same post you replied to:
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Admin_Conduct#Rule_11_.28Bigotry.29_Enforcement_Guidelines wrote: And finally, remember, the goal is to remove the 'expression' of bigotry from the community, not to establish a thought crime against bigots
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
EdgeLord_exe

Post by EdgeLord_exe » #586417

MrStonedOne wrote:
It seems like you are arguing that we should make Rule 11 a thought crime. That's not how I plan to run our community, from that same post you replied to:
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Admin_Conduct#Rule_11_.28Bigotry.29_Enforcement_Guidelines wrote: And finally, remember, the goal is to remove the 'expression' of bigotry from the community, not to establish a thought crime against bigots
Oh well i think i misunderstood the intention behind rule 11, my bad.

Anyways

I think i'm a net positive for tg community, my additions have been really well recieved and being in TGcord makes it a lot easier to coordinate coding and making PR's.

I'm tired in this back and forth between admins. At this point, the admin that decides wether to unban me or to keep me banned has already decided, since all the cards have been revealed. There is no point of keeping this going.

If you really don't want me in your community that's fine, just tell me. If so i will not bother you again.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #586454

EdgeLord_exe wrote: my additions have been really well recieved and being in TGcord makes it a lot easier to coordinate coding and making PR's.
hi, i just wanna note here, this isn't a legitimate reason to be unbanned as there is a strict separation of codebase and server, the two are independent entities of eachother, and others who have tried using this method to get unbanned in the past were rejected(myself included, a long time ago)

if you need to coordinate pull requests, use #coderbus on irc.rizon.net for /tg/station specific stuff, or the coderbus discord for general SS13 development
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #586563

Taking this over for hulk, you've clearly violated rule 11 here and I see no reason to accept this appeal. Denied.