Appeals which have been closed.
kristofer886

Spookuni Kristofer886 - Very confused right now

Post by kristofer886 » #586363

BYOND account: Kristofer886
Character name: Abigail Castro
Ban type: Banned by host?
Ban length: 3 Days
Ban reason: Welderbombed security for "Why not, fun!", Completely failed to grasp why this is against the rules and has been warned multiple times to read up on them for similar behaviour. If you decide to return please familiarise yourself with the general sever rules and don't act as an antagonist while not an antagonist.
Time ban was placed: 2021-01-05 07:29:17
Server you were playing on when banned: Bagil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 153598
Your side of the story: Well, I havent played in a long time, came on today and made it through 2 rounds, both as normal non- antag people, a bartender and HoP, the thing is, I didnt do anything at all durring these rounds, I followed the roles I was given like I always do. Then my game wouldnt let me reconnect at round end and I come back to this being on my screen after restarting byond. I honestly dont know who DerpDakka is (it says You, or another user of this computer or connection(DerpDakka) is banned from playing here. I am the only on in my house who plays, and nobody else should have my account, which is not named DerpDakka but Kristofer886, I remember a while back I got a messege saying I shouldnt log in from the same IP on multiple accounts or I could get banned, when I did get that I mentioned it to the admins confused and they said it was a common issue or something and they added a note to my account, I think this may have been that happening shoving the ban of someone else onto me.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Well, I didnt do anything at all
References of good conduct: I dont know anyone who could... vouch for me? Other than probably some people from my round as HoP to tell I didnt do much that round, I dont have their Byond names though just the ones they used for that round so probably not much use, I dont really know tbh, I never break the rules and try to play my characters to the best of my knowledge.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: Spookuni Kristofer886 - Very confused right now

Post by Timberpoes » #586367

Hi. I'm not the banning admin, but I will do a quick info dump since it appears you've been caught up in a ban for a common CID that is suspected to be from some either pirated or unactivated versions of Windows.

This player has the following note on their account:
2019-11-19 23:22:11 - Twaticus - Bagil
IMPORTANT ADMIN NOTICE - Shares CID 3923664137 with 20+ other ckeys, do NOT create a ban with this CID. For the player reading this: Your Computer ID is shared with other users, which is unusual. This means that bans for other users might affect you as well. I've placed a note for admins to try to prevent this from happening. Should you still be affected by a ban not meant for you please appeal and mention that you have a note about it.

Having dived into the database to confirm IP addresses, connection histories and more, I can see no reason to believe this player is also DerpDakka and it would appear this ban is purely because of them sharing the same CID.

Hopefully this assists in clearing up your ban appeal in a timely manner. Please note that the banning admin (Spookuni) is in an Oceanian time zone and has been informed of this appeal, so with some luck it should get cleared up promptly for you!
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Re: Spookuni Kristofer886 - Very confused right now

Post by spookuni » #586374

Hi
Thanks for making an ... appeal? Is it an appeal if it's not your ban?
Anyway, sorry for both the collateral ban and lateness responding to the appeal, wasn't able to access admintools for a bit.
I've removed the CID ban from the original ban, so hopefully you should be able to play fine now, if I've made a mistake with the admin tools and you're still locked out let an admin on the discord know and point them this way that you're good to go and not the person the ban was intended for!
Enjoy your playing and sorry for the trouble.