MarkBomber
Byond Username: MarkBomber

Banned from Doctor Brutality on 09/01/2021

Post by MarkBomber » #586895

BYOND account: MarkBomber
Character name: Timothy Tim
Ban type: Server Ban
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned from the server for starting a murderbone using a Durand and not answering Admin PMs
Time ban was placed: 09/01/2021
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 153881
Your side of the story: Acted dumb during end of the round, waiting for the shuttle.Had to leave my computer for IRL reason, and now that i came back, i found myself banned for murderboning ad not answering admin PMs. What i did was wrong, but i have to say i am new to the game, and i really love it, probably that much "power" went a bit to my head and i made a mistake. Nevertheless, i would love to come back to tg, as it is the only server i enjoy playing on (stability here is amazing).
I mean...you are a new player, make your first Exo(one of the first) with blazing guns and stuff like that...i just wanted to see. Not justifing myself, but thats what happened. Plus, sorry for not answering Admin PMs, as i left my game on, but left computer completely.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I understood what i've done(or could have done, as i was fucked up by the robust crew), and i dont wanna ruin everybody else experience. I wont repeat such a stupid act
pugie
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Re: Banned from Doctor Brutality on 09/01/2021

Post by pugie » #586910

Hi there, thanks for appealing.
I can understand that once you finally build a combat mech which requires a lot of time & resources and requires research to be completed that you'd want an excuse to use it, but gunning down people as a non-antagonist player for no acceptable reason will never be ok. https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules read that page, it will make sure that you don't walk into any bans again.
Things like this are why antagonist roles exist, save this kind of stuff for when you get traitor or changeling etcetera, it helps to place a limit on the amount of random murder and chaos in any given round.
This was only a permaban because I couldn't get a reply and in that case I assume a new player on the server just here to grief, I'll lift the permaban now but don't let such situations happen again or I or another admin will reapply the permaban soon enough.