[Virtual John] Smokey42 - unfair perm ban??

Appeals which have been closed.
Smokey42

[Virtual John] Smokey42 - unfair perm ban??

Post by Smokey42 » #587142

Byond account: Smokey42
Character name: Caden Blyant
Ban type: Server
Ban lenght: permanent ban
Ban reason: After bombing the shuttle before round end, it was found he had been violating rule 8 throughout the round as well as being a nuisance to the crew. this leads me to think this isn't the server for him.
Time of ban: 2021-01-10 17:46:43
Server name: I don't remember
Round id: 153958
Ban id: #52132
My side of the story: First about the bombing, I was seated and buckled in, near the entrance of the shuttle there was a miner sitting right next to me who was a traitor, but I didn't know that then. I was chilling waiting for the round to end so I could use the RDX and "hellfoam" grenades that I had made during my shift as a medical staff. when the shuttle was about to land the miner pulled out a energy sword and then I activated my grenades as fast as I could because I knew he would attack me first (which he did). The grenades exploded right after the round end screen.
There was no example about the rule 8 violation, but I think it was about the chemist that was new and whom I killed, the reason for that was simple, he shoot me with a syringe gun which was filled with chloral hydrate (15U). he was doing this to others on the station too before he shoot me, I had to help 2 people while the other medical officer, who I was buddies with, had to deal with a bunch of dead people in other unrelated cases. He also had the gods voice brain trauma (chemist) , which isn't pleasant. After I killed him I suggested that we should revive him once were on the shuttle, since he was being a prick, but he left after me killing him.
About the nuisance to the crew, yes I was a bit of a nuisance to the crew, but I wasn't going around killing or hurting people, all I did was mess around with a line that was stuck in my head "shoot you with my shorty" (I had a sawed off shotgun). Also push the clown a bit, but who doesn't do that when the clown is annoying (he was laying cobwebs in chemistry). After the round ended he asked my why I had blown up the shuttle, I replied by saying that it exploded when the round ended. After that I went for a smoke break eager to get into the next round before it starts, but I was banned. Rounds before that I asked in ahelp on what kind of punishment is on suicide bombing (when you get attacked and you want to take the attacker with you) and he told me its 1 day ban for each nonantag. so why am i being punished so harshly? yes I do some stupid bs sometimes but most of the time I try to help myself and other enjoy the game.

References of good conduct: I've tried helping new people, especially when it comes to chemistry (I love the chemist role). I try to make the shift fun for others but it also may not work sometimes, I try to listen to admins, for example I was warned about NSFW texts, "Fuck me jerry" - the famous internet meme "LETS SMASH"- yea stupid I know "ROCK SOLID"- though everyone plays lOl but I guess not everybody knows what the champion "Malphite" is. of course that round one line also slipped for me "dirty bitch" I was feeding pills to one of my patients for which I later apologized for. I try not to say or do stupid shit but it slips for everyone, more than usual for me but I try, ok?

Unrelated note: I'm not a coder so I can't look at the logs to show what the admin was seeing but please, I don't think this was appropriate since I've been playing on tg for a long time. This is the first time there has been such a harsh and unwelcoming admin to me, most of the admins and other server staff roles been kind of chill and actually quite fun to ahelp with. So I hope the Perma ban is lifted or at the least set to a month. (that would be still kind of harsh but I would be cool with that). I also joined the tg discord in order to see where I could post a appeal, I added the admin who banned me on there and tried to see why I was banned while I was afk, he told me he wont speak to me about it on discord and sent me a link to the forums. so here I am.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Re: [Virtual John] Smokey42 - unfair perm ban??

Post by RaveRadbury » #587179

The round on Scrubby (Click game.txt and attack.txt for searchable logs)
Parsed logs
Smokey42

Post by Smokey42 » #587217

Metajonh222/(Flick Dean) has attacked Smokey42/(Peter Sphilis) with double-bladed energy sword (Wielded) (INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 59.9) (207, 81, 1) Emergency Shuttle

Smokey42/(Peter Sphilis) has suffered: Rough Abrasion to right leg | Damage: 34 (rolled 47/139.338) | WB: -10 | BWB: 20 (207, 82, 1) Emergency Shuttle

Metajonh222/(Flick Dean) has attacked Smokey42/(Peter Sphilis) with double-bladed energy sword (Wielded) (INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 34.4) (207, 81, 1) Emergency Shuttle

Smokey42/(Peter Sphilis) has thrown the chemical grenade (rdx) (207, 82, 1) Emergency Shuttle

Smokey42/(Peter Sphilis) has suffered: Hairline Fracture to chest | Damage: 20.4 (rolled 47/68.1526) | WB: -10 | BWB: 20 (207, 82, 1) Emergency Shuttle

Metajonh222/(Flick Dean) has attacked Smokey42/(Peter Sphilis) with double-bladed energy sword (Wielded) (INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 0.7) (207, 81, 1) Emergency Shuttle

Smokey42/(Peter Sphilis) has thrown the chemical grenade (rdx) (207, 82, 1) Emergency Shuttle

Smokey42/(Peter Sphilis) has died (BRUTE: 103.1, BURN: 0, TOX: 5, OXY: 0, CLONE: 0) (207, 82, 1) Emergency Shuttle

so yeah, wrong character name because I appealed 3 days later but I already explained everything.
Virtual John
Byond Username: Virtual John

Post by Virtual John » #587247

05:34:37 GAME Smokey42/(Peter Sphilis) primed a chemical grenade (rdx) at Emergency Shuttle (207,82,1) containing: (large beaker 1 : RDX, 100); (large beaker 2 : Teslium, 100);.
05:34:38 GAME Smokey42/(Peter Sphilis) primed a chemical grenade (rdx) at Emergency Shuttle (207,82,1) containing: (large beaker 1 : RDX, 100); (large beaker 2 : Teslium, 100);.
05:34:41 GAME Reagent explosion reaction occurred at Emergency Shuttle (207,82,1). Last Fingerprint: N/A.
05:34:41 GAME *no key*/(Peter Sphilis) *no key*/(Peter Sphilis) is no longer owning mob Peter Sphilis(/mob/living/carbon/human)
05:34:41 GAME Reagent explosion reaction occurred at Emergency Shuttle (210,86,1). Last Fingerprint: N/A.
05:34:41 GAME *no key*/(Billy B. Bilson) *no key*/(Billy B. Bilson) is no longer owning mob Billy B. Bilson(/mob/living/carbon/human)
05:34:41 GAME *no key*/(Jamar Teagarden) *no key*/(Jamar Teagarden) is no longer owning mob Jamar Teagarden(/mob/living/brain)
05:34:42 GAME The round has ended.
So yeah, thats why I was a little "harsh and unwelcoming" to your repeated claims you activated the grenades and killed people after the round end. As for the other people mentioned, they are irrelevant in what the ban is about.
You are being banned mainly for the bombing and your continued failure to keep from breaking rule 8 despite your related notes to the matter. The bombing matter is pretty simple stuff as you've seen. You killed yourself and two other people before the round ended, so that would have been two days for the two deaths as you yourself have noted. Keep in mind though that continued breaking of that rule will eventually make the ban duration longer and longer for each incident.

As for the rule 8, that too is pretty simple to point out.
04:28:05 SAY Smokey42/(Peter Sphilis) "shut up before i make u eat my cum"
You seem to have a real hard time with not breaking rule 8, so this in combination with the bombing leads me to think maybe you need a break from here for awhile. Also,
05:34:44 GAME Traitors :Chusou[DC]/(Shiloh Isemann), Metajonh222/(Flick Dean), HuHo[DC]/(Chance Reade).
It doesn't matter that Flick was doing do to you because unlike yourself, they were a traitor. When you choose to fight back with grenades in a tightly packed area, the consequences fall onto you for what happens. I'm not going to be repealing this at this time.
Smokey42

Post by Smokey42 » #587266

I have bad tendencies yes, if you want to ban me because I'm not robust and I use other means to deal with that sure go ahead. I'm disappointed in myself and you, thanks!