In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

[Thunder12345]kieth4- Head role ban

Post by kieth4 » #587404

BYOND account: kieth4
Character name: Lukas Beedell
Ban type: Server/Role Heads.
Ban length: 7 days
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: Captain, Head of Personnel, Head of Security, Chief Engineer, Research Director, Chief Medical Officer for 1 week - As roundstart HoS, within a minute of roundstart gave his job away to seemingly the first officer he could find, and suicided. Made no effort to ahelp saying why he was leaving so early, and while ensuring someone else gets your job is reasonable later in the round, it is not reasonable to do so immediately after round start. Logged off before they could be questioned.
Time ban was placed: 2021-01-14 17:26:36
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: Round ID. -
Your side of the story: Hi, I logged on and my flatmate told me they were going to drive me to the shops at that moment. I realized that I didn't have time to play a round so I did the ususal "fuck kilo fuck kilo"(I have never suicided at the start of a round on kilo before. This was not the reason why I suicided). I checked the sec console and realized that I had Nilla and sal as sec. Nilla being the more experienced player I told her that she was the new HoS and suicided. Promptly after I left to go to the shops.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I realize now that I should have ahelped and given up the role to ghosts. In my many hours as head roles giving the role to someone else and leaving was sufficent and didn't warrent punishment. This lack of prior punishment meant I was unaware that I had to ahelp I think the ban standing is fair as I did break the rules I just wish for it to be reduced as I have a very clean record and around 170h of hos with no notes or warnings of this type.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Re: [Thunder12345]kieth4- Head role ban

Post by Thunder11 » #588017

Sorry I didn't get around to this sooner.

I would like to draw your attention to the following (emphasis mime):
5. Players in a head of staff, AI/Silicon role, or a team conversion role require a minimum amount of effort; generally considered to be not logging out at or near roundstart.
Notify admins if you cannot play these roles and must leave near round start and make an attempt to inform other players IC as well for head of staff or AI roles. Abuse of a job position, particularly Rule 1 breaking abuse, is not allowed.
I fail to see how you would be unaware of something which is explicitly stated in the main rules list, so in my opinion a week ban from head roles was quite reasonable, and I stand by my original decision.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
legality
Byond Username: Legality

Re: [Thunder12345]kieth4- Head role ban

Post by legality » #588021

Separately from the not contacting admins, I don’t think it says anywhere in the rules that it’s not reasonable to designate a successor before you leave, regardless of when. Unless I’m wrong, perhaps the note should be edited so it doesn’t suggest that’s what’s being punished?