Appeals which have been closed.
Dazooo

[Vekter] Dazo12345 - I will be a model player

Post by Dazooo » #587591

BYOND account: Dazo12345
Character name: Gannon Randolph
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Ban length

Ban Reason: Banned by host: You, or another user of this computer or connection (Dazo 12345) is banned from playing here. The
ban reason is: No less than eight hours after being put on probation, metagrudged someone for killing him as
antag the previous round. Was angry in OoC during round 151202 about Dinkle killing him, then started 151204 by
throwing a welder at him and starting a fight. Relatively minor but you've stirred enough shit that I don't have much
of a choice here. This ban (BanlD #51050) was applied by Vekter on 2020-11-29 09:07:46 during round ID 151205.
This is a permanent ban.

Time ban was placed: 2020-11-29 9:07:46
Server you were playing on when banned: Bagil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 151205

Your side of the story: The previous round I was an antag who was thwarted because Dinkle and others already knew that I used singlecaps and could know it was my static just by listening to the explosions and their frequency. I was pretty annoyed so I do as I always did and scream in OOC chat. Next round I decided I was going to quit ss13 and went as a random character so I could die and say my goodbyes in OOC. Instantly fighting familiar names like Dinkle and others is a frequent occurrence and its never caused any problems, so I doubt it was Dinkle who ahelped. After baiting Dinkle and being killed by a mob in the hallways I said some final words explaining that the the "Dazo freakouts" are an act, which some didn't believe. Fast forward a month and a half I try to connect and realize that I'm banned.

Why you think you should be unbanned: My conduct in the months leading up to the ban towards admins was pretty terrible and I'm surprised it was tolerated as long as it was. I vaguely remember the probation talk and I don't believe I acted in a bad way towards admins after that. I suspect that me leaving ss13 on probation points to me not changing, which is why I got banned on my last round. It makes sense and besides the reason being pinned on some minor interaction I can't say the ban wasn't warranted. No reason to tolerate some dude who posts rage paragraphs all the time, jokingly or not. I acted like a clown because it was entertaining to me and to a few others.
( 0x001/(Markese Rolle) "you're funny to laugh at".
0x001/(Markese Rolle) "he was funny but got old hella quick imo"
DinkleNH/(Nick Johnson) "hes hilarious"
DinkleNH/(Nick Johnson) "i can work him up"
DinkleNH/(Nick Johnson) "so easily"
That being said I'm over that phase as it got boring and my final OOC logs attest to that. I believe that I should be given a second chance to play and show that I'm not going to act like a dickhead.

References of good conduct: I quit ss13 on the round I was banned and haven't interacted with the community so I can't give any references from other ss13 players. I would be willing to have the probation period carry over from when I was banned to show that I'm not going to stir anymore shit.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Vekter] Dazo12345 - I will be a model player

Post by Vekter » #587595

I'm not going to lie, I've never really believed that your freakouts are an act from the get-go. If they were, you would have stopped doing them when we threatened to ban you for them in the past.

I would like for you to get a positive vouch from one of the other servers, show that you can play without getting nuclear turbo mad in OOC.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Dazooo

Post by Dazooo » #587596

I got the probation talk after throwing an admin into an icebox pit, and the "freakouts" where never brought up so I didn't see why it was wrong to rage at someone I've known for a long time. If it was told more directly I would have stopped at once. I understand that on the internet there are some wierdos who really do go nuclear on videogames unironically but I think the best way for me to prove that I am not mentally unstable it to get back on the tg server with people who will be trying to trigger a freakout (It wont work because Its an act, swear on my life). Idk man all the other servers are sooo bad
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #587599

The best way to prove that you're not going to rage at people is to go to other servers and not rage there. A headmin can overturn this but I'm not going to.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Dazooo

Post by Dazooo » #587601

Any servers you recommend? I tried lrp beestation and it felt like a nightmarish fever dream at 180p stretched resolution with everyone going at meth speed.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #587630

CEV Eris
MRP, good concept and not the same monotone code base as tg, also no power tripping admins AFAIK

Austation
Tg but for Australians

Tgmc
Colonial marines but on tg, not sure if the ban counts on there too
TheMidnghtRose
Byond Username: TheMidnightRose

Post by TheMidnghtRose » #587649

Pretty sure that bans dont transfer to there(TGMC) simply because its a slightly different codebase. Unsure on this so if a TGMC admin can tell us one way or another that would be good to know.

Beestation, Yogstation, Goon are also decent choices. Bee and Yog are similar but have both gone somewhat different directions than TG. Yog has a different atmos system and a variety of extra content, including roundstart stuff you can earn. Bee has a similar thing for roundstart stuff you can earn and bring in though Bee runs closer to Bagil/Terry and Yog runs in some strange middle ground of LRP to MRP.

Never really had problems on either other than ping. Though I can say that when I had to talk to Yog admins in a couple of tickets, they were generally friendly.
Emerald Gleaner -/Roboticist/Replica AI Series
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #587656

Bee is perfectly fine, their MRP server is kind of a halfway between Sybil and Manuel.

If you can get me a vouch after three months, specifically on that you haven't gone nuclear in OOC, we'll call it fair and give you a second chance.
Spoiler:

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #587658

Dazo as the person who put you on probation I just want to say I really like the appeal and do want you to come back as long as you're ready. But I don't want you to blow it and screw yourself so I do recommend (it's in vekter's hands now) that the time to appeal again be lowered and in exchange for not waiting what like a year the next unban comes with that same probation in place, like a rematch.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #587672

Armhulen wrote:Dazo as the person who put you on probation I just want to say I really like the appeal and do want you to come back as long as you're ready. But I don't want you to blow it and screw yourself so I do recommend (it's in vekter's hands now) that the time to appeal again be lowered and in exchange for not waiting what like a year the next unban comes with that same probation in place, like a rematch.
This was what my intention was, I should probably state it clearer - you can re-appeal this ban again in 2 months but I'm not likely to lift it without some kind of reference from another server.
Spoiler:

Dazooo

Post by Dazooo » #587771

I play ss13 for the Atmospherics and Ghilker has done a good job of that on TG, you can't get the same experience on other servers. Can we lower the re-appeal time to 2 weeks or nothing at all because A. I only "rage" in post-round because there is nothing to do, out of that I usually have good interactions with others (I think most will agree), and B. Atmos needs more players and I've spent many rounds teaching newbies the ropes C. I don't know if I can play ss13 for two months straight especially on servers I don't find fun and I'm trying to overturn the ban so I can hop on periodically to see what's new. This is going to be my last attempt to change your mind so please consider it.
Dazooo

Post by Dazooo » #587798

I just saw the post where you say you banned me because you thought the welderbomb thing on discord was serious. I mean come on It was cartoonishly over the top and obviously I wasn't serious. It got a bit more out of control than I wanted it to so I even DMed and admin to assure them I wasn't actually going crazy. Its not a fair reason for a server perma ban.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #587855

It was a factor in my decision to ban you. It was evidence to me that you weren't faking, it wasn't a meme, you really do get that fucking angry.

It was to the point where I was genuinely concerned for your well-being based on how you freaked the fuck out any time anything bad happened.

I'm locking this thread. The headmins can unlock it if they want to rule on this.
Spoiler: