Bondismyname
Byond Username: Bondismyname

[<Owegno>] Bondismyname - Permanent Ban

Post by Bondismyname » #588035

BYOND account: Bondismyname
Character name: Michael Scofield
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Lagged the shit out of manuel by drilling birdboat and other simple mobs with a mech for approximately 10 minutes. They realized what they were doing was causing lag and they kept doing it. There is no reason you should ever knowingly lag the server
Time ban was placed: 2020-11-24
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: Round ID : 150881
Your side of the story: Honestly, I wasn't really thinking of what I was doing, or how it was effecting others. In the past few months before the ban, I had become burned out of the game and slowly became more of a shitter. Even though I was advised to take a break from the game, I continued playing, and eventually got to the point that I was desperate for some sort of interest in the game. On the night of the ban, after playing a few rounds, I found out that drilling a simplemob lagged the game. And me, being tired and having burned out of ss13 for a month by this point thought it would be a good idea to continue, not thinking of how this might be ruining other people's game. Once I was banned, and realized the severity my mistake, I decided to wait a month and see if I was still interested in the game. during the first week off I longed to play more, but I knew I'd just go back to doing stupid stuff like this. I decided it'd be best to stay off the game until I'd found more interest in it, which I have now.
Why you think you should be unbanned: In the two months I haven't played SS13, I've come to realize and deeply regret my mistake. If I'm unbanned, I'll stop to think about each thing I do and ask myself if this is something that might worsen the round for anyone else. I won't continue playing if im burned out, and I hope to be able to further contribute to the /tg/station community.
References of good conduct: 400 hours on beestation with only 3 minor infractions (those being: killing a clown after they attacked me in maints with sec gear, and two minor infractions with setting off small amounts of space drugs smoke)
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Re: [<Owegno>] Bondismyname - Permanent Ban

Post by Owegno » #588050

I'll lift the ban and trust that you won't do anything like that ever again.
Bondismyname
Byond Username: Bondismyname

Re: [<Owegno>] Bondismyname - Permanent Ban

Post by Bondismyname » #588077

Owegno wrote:I'll lift the ban and trust that you won't do anything like that ever again.
I won't waste this second chance. Thank you