Man_Shroom
Byond Username: Man_Shroom

[<CoffeeDragon16>] Man_Shroom - HoP Dayban/Headban for AA

Post by Man_Shroom » #588890

BYOND account: Man_Shroom
Character name: Larry Spankenhiemer
Ban type:Dayban, probably a head roleban
Ban length: 1 day
Ban reason:Asked to not spread AA as HoP, and then did it two more times while being spoken to. Please listen to what you're being told.
Time ban was placed: 2021-01-31 04:37:36
Server you were playing on when banned:Bagil
Round ID in which ban was placed: #52857

Your side of the story: At the start of the round I was HoP, people came up to me in my line asking, "What do I gotta do to get some AA?" so i tell em go get the heads of staff stamps and come back. First one is a clown with the clown stamp, hey, pretty easy, next guys after that were some assistant got the CMO stamp and some cargo tech got one as well, following this clown returned with the chaplain and his stamp, and the QM stamp was the last one. I gave AA to all of these people with ID console access remove so they could not spread more AA. i also gave AA to any random security officer who entered my line no questions asked, and an assistant who tried to bet me in russian revolver and failed, but got revived in medbay. I felt these people had done something worthy enough to receive getting their ID upgraded, either by getting the stamp or by default for being Sec. If I really have broken a rule policy that was already in place, please point me to it.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I honestly don't really care about the dayban, if it gets overturned or not, and I'm also confused about the nature of this ban. I thought these kinds of job related restrictions only applied in Manuel. I do not care about lore. I understand that playing head requires a certain level of dedication including not suiciding roundstart or abusing your position to ruin others rounds, but I had not left my office all shift. I did not grief players or remove them from the round. I was told by an admin that someone could raid the armoury or that it makes the game too easy for traitors to steal, but that is on that player not me.

References of good conduct: If serverbanned and **especially** if permabanned, have you played on other servers during the time you were banned? Name them here, in many cases good references of conduct and character can be crucial to a successful appeal. Otherwise, feel free to remove this portion.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [<CoffeeDragon16>] Man_Shroom - HoP Dayban/Headban for AA

Post by Timberpoes » #588892

Head of Staff accesses are also able to edit departmental accesses including giving other players Head of Staff accesses. A card with all Head of Staff access levels can still grant 90% of our accesses to any other cards, including the ability to make new cards that have the same permissions.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
CoffeeDragon16
Byond Username: CoffeeDragon16

Post by CoffeeDragon16 » #588894

Please wait for the round to end before making an appeal as it contains in-round info.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[
CoffeeDragon16

Post by CoffeeDragon16 » #588949

Thank you for your time making an appeal, I'll be glad to talk this out more.
Ban type:Dayban, probably a head roleban
I only gave the server ban, as the issue I banned for was about repeating it, not the AA. You can check your bans here.

Ticket for reference.

I think the stamp gimmick was fine, my issue with it was that you were giving many crew members high-level access. This could have easily been abused to subvert the AI, break into armory and go on a shootout, etc. As the HoP, it's an abuse of your job to hand out that access for something small like that I would have had no qualms with it if you didn't do secure areas. While I appreciate you removing the ID console access, it can still be easily spread with tablets being able to give most access, as Timber said. However, this first part was a minor bit, as I felt it was only deserving an expiring note. It wasn't too terribly bad, but I wanted it written down in case it was made a habit. The reason you were banned was that you continued to do the thing you were told not to right as I was talking to you about it. This showed me that you didn't really follow what I was saying.

As to why you think you should be unbanned, I think that by directly facilitating a lot of this behavior without good reason is just doing it with extra steps. This isn't a RP issue, it was that you were repeatedly doing the thing I told you not to right after I told you. I find that it can be disruptive to the round, which isn't a big deal on itself, but it shows bad faith that you immediately resume doing it.
CoffeeDragon16

Post by CoffeeDragon16 » #589054

The ban has since expired, is there anything you'd like to bring up or can I resolve this, Man_Shroom?