Appeals which have been closed.
masincasasirom

Ban appeal

Post by masincasasirom » #589638

BYOND account: BigChungus123
Character name: Bob Banana/HONKIE METH
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 7 Day
Ban reason: "Killed a bunch of people as a MRP traitor without an objective. Murderbone is not allowed on MRP. Seems to have a prior isue with RP rules too"
Time ban was placed: 2021-02-06 10:48:20
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 155805
Your side of the story: I was a clown tot, server was dead, almost nobody on. I wanted to get the clown car into sm achievment, so I got a clown car, collected 2 people (one was my objective) and rammed us into the sm. I didnt get the achievment and I was dissapointed
Why you think you should be unbanned: I dont see this as murderbone at all, I killed 2 people and one was my objective so I only killed 1 innocent person, imo it should be a day ban and not 7 days ban for just one person
SuperNovaa41
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: SuperNovaa41

Re: Ban appeal

Post by SuperNovaa41 » #589664

On the MRP rules.
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Roleplay_Rules

Killing anyone without justification is considered murderboning.
masincasasirom

Post by masincasasirom » #589668

SuperNovaa41 wrote:On the MRP rules.
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Roleplay_Rules

Killing anyone without justification is considered murderboning.
"Murderboning refers to killing typically **large amounts of the station’s population** without regard and/or in direct violation of one’s objectives." 1 person is large amount?
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #589669

Additionally you also destabilized the SM, causing the round to end.

Also this was low pop so already so little people.
Sparkezel
Byond Username: SparkezelPL

Post by Sparkezel » #589683

If I remember correctly, items such as His Grace and romerol, allow you to murderbone because they are in the shop. Doesn't clown car also follow that? As in it allows you to murderbone using it, otherwise it should be disabled from the shop because its a bantrap.
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Post by spookuni » #589702

I was also observing the round in question - neither of the people you killed were your target
In fact, you killed every active player on the station EXCEPT your target.
masincasasirom

Post by masincasasirom » #589748

spookuni wrote:I was also observing the round in question - neither of the people you killed were your target
In fact, you killed every active player on the station EXCEPT your target.
How, there was one genetecist and a scientist, the scientists was my target. Also there were other people but I guess they just ghosted
masincasasirom

Post by masincasasirom » #589749

Sparkezel wrote:If I remember correctly, items such as His Grace and romerol, allow you to murderbone because they are in the shop. Doesn't clown car also follow that? As in it allows you to murderbone using it, otherwise it should be disabled from the shop because its a bantrap.
Exactly, you aint gonna spend 20tc on one objective
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #589752

Sparkezel wrote:If I remember correctly, items such as His Grace and romerol, allow you to murderbone because they are in the shop. Doesn't clown car also follow that? As in it allows you to murderbone using it, otherwise it should be disabled from the shop because its a bantrap.
Clown car on its own does not murder people.

I don't think it does damage at all. It just kidnaps people which allows for non lethal clown antics.
masincasasirom

Post by masincasasirom » #589769

Dax Dupont wrote:
Clown car on its own does not murder people.

I don't think it does damage at all. It just kidnaps people which allows for non lethal clown antics.
But where do those people end? Most of the times in the SM chamber or in space, havent seen any clown car that doesnt end up somewhere deadly
Sparkezel
Byond Username: SparkezelPL

Post by Sparkezel » #589777

Dax Dupont wrote:
Other than clown taxi I cant really see any other non-lethal clown antics. Clown car was pretty much meant to kidnap as much people as possible, get more access from their ID's then either crash into SM (achievement) or go into space pretty much removing like most of the station if done correctly. And it does do damage if you crash into a wall, it also has some toys, including a cannon, if you emag it. Its just whacky.
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Post by spookuni » #589807

How, there was one genetecist and a scientist, the scientists was my target. Also there were other people but I guess they just ghosted
There were two geneticists and one scientist active on station - with one AFK assistant in an escape pod. The scientist was your target in toxins and you kidnapped and killed both geneticists, leaving one scientist floundering their way through learning toxins on their own and an otherwise empty station
Krusvik
Byond Username: Krusvik

Post by Krusvik » #590391

It's safe to say this one is going to run its full ban length.

I'll go ahead and lock this, please do remember MRP rules when playing on MRP servers!