Stonefight
Byond Username: Stonefight

[Nianjiilical] Stonefight - Escalation Policy vs Mime

Post by Stonefight » #589809

BYOND account: Stonefight
Character name: Scringlebop
Ban type: Note
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: As clown, responded to being hit with a potted plant by the mime by murdering said mime and bringing him to medbay. Was previously banned for similar overescalation; please try to be more reasonable in the future.
Time ban was placed: 02:10:38
Round ID in which ban was placed: 155921
Your side of the story: Got into a dispute with the mime over a bar a soap which lead to them hitting me with a potted plant. Came back with a spear and killed the mime and immediately dragged them to medical to be tended to by a borg.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I followed escalation policy to a T and yet I am being told this was a rule 1 violation. Rule 1 states: We're all here to have a good time, supposedly. Going out of your way to seriously negatively impact or end the round for someone with little IC justification is against the rules, this also includes harassing a player OOC (Out of character). Legitimate conflicts where people get upset do happen however, as detailed in the escalation section of the rules." Which implies that in the case that escalation has been followed properly then it wouldn't be a rule 1 violation.
Nowhere in escalation policy does it state there is a limit to how much force you can retaliate with besides "If you are the instigator in a conflict and end up killing or severely impairing the round of the person you are fighting, you should make a reasonable effort to return them to life at least once or make amends, only seeking round removal if they continue to pursue you. This protection doesn't apply to an instigator being killed." In this case it is invalid since I wasn't even the instigator so I wasn't obligated to drag the mime to medical.
I'd like to argue that the mime actually was ban baiting as well since they immediately ahelped after they get their shit kicked in despite starting the violence in the first place, but all in all I really just want the note to be removed and for admins to actually read the escalation policy instead of just spouting "rule 1 violation" as soon as their accusations are disproven.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Re: [Nianjiilical] Stonefight - Escalation Policy vs Mime

Post by nianjiilical » #589811

so i will preface this by saying i'm only an adminobserver/trialmin atm, this is my first appeal, and i'll absolutely defer judgement to proper admins on this if they disagree

looking at the logs, it seems like you and the mime had the regular roundstart scuffle, shoving one another onto tables, etc. a while later, the mime hit you with a potted plant exactly once, and you responded by killing the mime and dragging them to medbay

the escalation policy is important, and it's good that you took them to get healed, but i just have a hard time seeing "he did 10 damage to me so i will kill him" as a proper level of retaliation. on top of that, you were tempbanned literally yesterday for supposedly killing a janitor over a banana peel, and while i don't know the specifics behind that, two bans/notes for similar behavior in the span of two days isn't a very good look

also its worth noting this is just a note (unless i fucked up) because i'm new to adminning and you did bring him to medbay, which i feel is a fair response to this sort of behavior

edit: my citing rule 1 was because while you COULD argue this is escalation, murdering someone for hitting you once very much feels like a dick move. if this isn't a good citation for rule 1 then i'm sorry for that
Stonefight

Post by Stonefight » #589813

nianjiilical wrote:so i will preface this by saying i'm only an adminobserver/trialmin atm, this is my first appeal, and i'll absolutely defer judgement to proper admins on this if they disagree

looking at the logs, it seems like you and the mime had the regular roundstart scuffle, shoving one another onto tables, etc. a while later, the mime hit you with a potted plant exactly once, and you responded by killing the mime and dragging them to medbay

the escalation policy is important, and it's good that you took them to get healed, but i just have a hard time seeing "he did 10 damage to me so i will kill him" as a proper level of retaliation. on top of that, you were tempbanned literally yesterday for supposedly killing a janitor over a banana peel, and while i don't know the specifics behind that, two bans/notes for similar behavior in the span of two days isn't a very good look

also its worth noting this is just a note (unless i fucked up) because i'm new to adminning and you did bring him to medbay, which i feel is a fair response to this sort of behavior

edit: my citing rule 1 was because while you COULD argue this is escalation, murdering someone for hitting you once very much feels like a dick move. if this isn't a good citation for rule 1 then i'm sorry for that
I feel as if this appeal is VERY similar https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&t=28289 In which they were deemed to be within the rules.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin

Post by nianjiilical » #589815

Stonefight wrote:
nianjiilical wrote:so i will preface this by saying i'm only an adminobserver/trialmin atm, this is my first appeal, and i'll absolutely defer judgement to proper admins on this if they disagree

I feel as if this appeal is VERY similar https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&t=28289 In which they were deemed to be within the rules.
looking at this appeal, there was a clear series of escalations from "fuck off", to flash, to throwing harmless objects, to small brute damage, to coming back with a proper weapon, to giving him an epipen, to a third party walking in and gibbing him

in your case, you went straight from small brute damage to murder
Stonefight

Post by Stonefight » #589819

But pay attention to how as soon as Slavik took brute damage, he IMMEDIATELY resorted to lethals. There was no downtime between the brute damage being taken, and the spear being thrown with the instigator being put into hard crit soon after. Based on how escalation policy is written Slavik should've been able to crit the instigator for doing brute damaged to him even if the previous annoyances didn't happen.
Stonefight

Post by Stonefight » #589820

My main issue with this whole ordeal is that I have not once been given any specific line in the rules that would cause me to be guilty. I have listed each and every single line directly from the rules to prove my innocence in the matter and all you have to say is "rule 1 violation" without giving me the specific part of rule 1 I broke. If I can get banned or noted for following escalation to a T just because admins want to arbitrarily apply rule 1 then fucking change the escalation policy because there is nothing in the rules that implies any guilt on my part.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin

Post by nianjiilical » #589822

Stonefight wrote:My main issue with this whole ordeal is that I have not once been given any specific line in the rules that would cause me to be guilty. I have listed each and every single line directly from the rules to prove my innocence in the matter and all you have to say is "rule 1 violation" without giving me the specific part of rule 1 I broke. If I can get banned or noted for following escalation to a T just because admins want to arbitrarily apply rule 1 then fucking change the escalation policy because there is nothing in the rules that implies any guilt on my part.
the most honest answer i can give you is that i don't feel like this case falls into what the escalation policy is meant to be, and "don't be a dick" is the rule that i think best explains why it shouldn't be acceptable
Stonefight

Post by Stonefight » #589823

nianjiilical wrote:
Stonefight wrote:My main issue with this whole ordeal is that I have not once been given any specific line in the rules that would cause me to be guilty. I have listed each and every single line directly from the rules to prove my innocence in the matter and all you have to say is "rule 1 violation" without giving me the specific part of rule 1 I broke. If I can get banned or noted for following escalation to a T just because admins want to arbitrarily apply rule 1 then fucking change the escalation policy because there is nothing in the rules that implies any guilt on my part.
the most honest answer i can give you is that i don't feel like this case falls into what the escalation policy is meant to be, and "don't be a dick" is the rule that i think best explains why it shouldn't be acceptable
Don't be a dick.
We're all here to have a good time, supposedly. Going out of your way to seriously negatively impact or end the round for someone with little IC justification is against the rules, this also includes harassing a player OOC (Out of character). Legitimate conflicts where people get upset do happen however, as detailed in the escalation section of the rules." Specifically the part saying "with little IC justification." The mime shoved me over a bar of soap and when I refused to hand it over they proceeded to assault me with a potted plant. Thus I had plenty of IC reason to kick their shit in. Also a repeat of what I've said before, the latter end of the rule implies escalation takes priority when applied, and you have yet to find a single part of the escalation policy that I have violated.

On the rule 1 precedent section the only part that would be applicable in this case is 1.1 which states "Random murders are not acceptable nor is the killing of other players for poor or little reasoning such as ‘My character is insane’. Each unjustified kill is normally met with one 24 ban." Now, this was not a random murder whatsoever and my defense was not something so trivial as "my character is insane." I was assaulted by the mime and responded by returning the favor albeit at a higher degree.

Now if this were on manuel I'd fully understand getting a ban for this since it has an addition stating "Self-defense is allowed to the extent of saving your own life.
Putting someone into critical condition is considered self-defense only if they attempted to severely harm or kill you. Preemptively disabling someone, responding with disproportionate force, or hitting someone while they are already downed is not self-defense. Fistfights and the like are acceptable, assuming that both players have a reasonable justification as to why the fight started. Assault without any warning is almost always unacceptable in most circumstances." Which is the only line in the entire list of rules that at all regulates the amount of force you are allowed to respond with after being assaulted. But since this occurred on an LRP server it doesn't apply and is totally irrelevant.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #589831

Under rule 1 precedents it clearly states the following: Random murders are not acceptable nor is the killing of other players for poor or little reasoning such as ‘My character is insane’. Each unjustified kill is normally met with one 24 ban.

Escalating straight to murder for being hit with a potted plant could be considered poor or little reasoning. You were likely mitigated from a day ban to a note because you took the player you killed to medbay.

The note is factual in nature, documents your actions accurately and documents the warning given to you by the admin. Notes are a record of interactions between an admin and a player. LRP is still not NRP and while murdering for some minor brute damage is not an "FNR" kill it could still be considered poor escalation. You were spoken to about it. It was documented.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Sparkezel
Byond Username: SparkezelPL

Post by Sparkezel » #589843

Lets strighten things up a bit.

as we can see, it all started in the Theater Backstage, mime started shoving clown, for what clown retaliated by throwing a creampie at the mime. Afrerwards clown shoved the mime onto a table, paralyzing him. As soon as mime got back up, he took a pot and hit clown with it and clown declared he will hunt down and kill mime.

Code: Select all

[2021-02-08 01:50:45.055] ATTACK: PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) has shoved Stonefight/(Scringlebop) (NEWHP: 100)  (Theater (147,124,2))
[2021-02-08 01:50:46.579] ATTACK: PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) has shoved Stonefight/(Scringlebop) (NEWHP: 100)  (Theater (148,123,2))
[2021-02-08 01:50:52.924] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has thrown the banana cream pie  (Theater (150,123,2))
[2021-02-08 01:50:54.756] ATTACK: PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) has thrown the banana cream pie  (Theater (148,123,2))
[2021-02-08 01:50:55.499] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has thrown the banana cream pie  (Theater (150,123,2))
[2021-02-08 01:50:55.520] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has threw and hit PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with the banana cream pie (NEWHP: 100)  (Theater (150,123,2))
[2021-02-08 01:50:56.575] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has shoved PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with onto the wooden table (table) (NEWHP: 100)  (Theater (149,123,2))
[2021-02-08 01:51:03.292] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has shoved PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with knocking them down (NEWHP: 100)  (Theater (147,124,2))
[2021-02-08 01:51:04.828] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has kicks PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with onto their side (paralyzing) (NEWHP: 100)  (Theater (147,126,2))
[2021-02-08 01:51:04.829] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has shoved PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) (NEWHP: 100)  (Theater (147,126,2))
[2021-02-08 01:51:13.929] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has thrown the soap  (Bar (138,131,2))
[2021-02-08 01:51:26.845] ATTACK: PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) has attacked Stonefight/(Scringlebop) with Potty the Potted Plant (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 0) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 90)  (Central Primary Hallway (126,129,2))

[2021-02-08 01:51:39.211] SAY: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) "Today I will kill the mime" (Central Primary Hallway (127,130,2))

Around a minute after that mime goes to robocitist and gets fully auged, that process took around 5~6 minutes

[2021-02-08 01:52:41.134] ATTACK: PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) has climbed onto [operating table] (Robotics Lab (118,94,2))
[2021-02-08 01:54:40.888] ATTACK: Frenchoskeet/(Troy Fiscina) has augmented PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) by giving him new head COMBAT MODE: 0 (NEWHP: 100)  (Robotics Lab (117,94,2))
[2021-02-08 01:54:51.792] ATTACK: Frenchoskeet/(Troy Fiscina) has augmented PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) by giving him new chest COMBAT MODE: 0 (NEWHP: 100)  (Robotics Lab (117,94,2))
[2021-02-08 01:55:27.136] ATTACK: Frenchoskeet/(Troy Fiscina) has augmented PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) by giving him new right arm COMBAT MODE: 0 (NEWHP: 100)  (Robotics Lab (117,93,2))
[2021-02-08 01:56:00.491] ATTACK: Frenchoskeet/(Troy Fiscina) has augmented PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) by giving him new left arm COMBAT MODE: 0 (NEWHP: 100)  (Robotics Lab (117,94,2))
[2021-02-08 01:56:45.299] ATTACK: Frenchoskeet/(Troy Fiscina) has augmented PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) by giving him new right leg COMBAT MODE: 0 (NEWHP: 100)  (Robotics Lab (117,94,2))
[2021-02-08 01:57:13.403] ATTACK: Frenchoskeet/(Troy Fiscina) has augmented PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) by giving him new left leg COMBAT MODE: 0 (NEWHP: 100)  (Robotics Lab (117,93,2))

Clown has bola'd mime then started throwing a spear at him, around 7 minutes from the start of the "conflict"

[2021-02-08 01:58:54.297] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has thrown the bola  (Medbay Central (103,109,2))
[2021-02-08 01:58:54.299] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has threw and hit PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with the bola (NEWHP: 100)  (Medbay Central (103,109,2))
[2021-02-08 01:58:55.422] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has thrown the spear  (Medbay Central (103,109,2))
[2021-02-08 01:58:55.423] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has threw and hit PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with the spear (NEWHP: 100)  (Medbay Central (103,109,2))
[2021-02-08 01:58:55.426] ATTACK: PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) has suffered: Rough Abrasion | Damage: 15 (rolled 43/44.3127) (Medbay Central (104,109,2))
[2021-02-08 01:58:57.405] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has thrown the spear  (Medbay Central (103,109,2))
[2021-02-08 01:58:57.407] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has threw and hit PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with the spear (NEWHP: 88.8)  (Medbay Central (103,109,2))
[2021-02-08 01:58:59.145] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has threw and hit PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with the spear (NEWHP: 73.8)  (Medbay Central (104,109,2))
Conflict between the clown and the mime was pretty much onesided. Clown threw the spear at the mime few times, then knocked him down, attacked him some more, dragged out a medibot and killed the mime after shoving him onto a table
Spoiler:

[2021-02-08 01:59:05.952] ATTACK: PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) has suffered: Rough Abrasion | Damage: 31 (rolled 58/122.435) | WB: -15 | BWB: 15 (Aft Primary Hallway (107,109,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:05.953] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has threw and hit PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with the spear (NEWHP: 31.5)  (Aft Primary Hallway (106,109,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:10.369] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has shoved PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) (NEWHP: 31.5)  (Aft Primary Hallway (106,109,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:14.581] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has shaken PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) (NEWHP: 31.5)  (Aft Primary Hallway (107,108,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:21.174] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has shoved PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with onto the glass table (table) (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Research Division (114,109,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:23.681] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has kicks PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with onto their side (paralyzing) (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Research Division (113,112,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:23.682] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has shoved PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Research Division (113,112,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:24.875] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has grabbed PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) passive grab (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (113,113,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:28.046] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has grabbed PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) aggressive grab (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Research Division (113,110,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:28.051] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has broke grab PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Research Division (113,110,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:28.990] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has shoved PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Research Division (113,112,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:31.735] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has thrown the bola  (Central Primary Hallway (111,114,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:31.826] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has threw and hit PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with the bola (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (111,114,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:32.811] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has shoved PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (109,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:34.268] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has shoved PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with knocking them down (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (107,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:36.257] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has kicks PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with onto their side (paralyzing) (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (107,114,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:36.258] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has shoved PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (107,114,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:37.461] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has kicked PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (107,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:38.763] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has kicked PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) (NEWHP: 17.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (107,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:40.434] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 12.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (107,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:41.454] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -0.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (106,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:42.546] ATTACK: PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) has suffered: Rough Abrasion | Damage: 13 (rolled 28/36.2678) | WB: -15 | BWB: 15 (Central Primary Hallway (106,116,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:42.547] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -13.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (106,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:43.676] ATTACK: PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) has suffered: Rough Abrasion | Damage: 13 (rolled 33/36.2678) | WB: -15 | BWB: 15 (Central Primary Hallway (106,116,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:43.677] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -26.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (106,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:45.005] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -39.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (106,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:46.096] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -52.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (106,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:47.198] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -65.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (106,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:48.337] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -78.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (106,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:49.761] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has grabbed *no key*/(Inspector Johnson) passive grab (NEWHP: 20)  (Central Primary Hallway (106,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:51.410] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -91.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (107,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:52.799] ATTACK: PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) has suffered: Rough Abrasion | Damage: 13 (rolled 29/36.2678) | WB: -15 | BWB: 15 (Central Primary Hallway (106,116,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:52.804] ATTACK: PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) has died (BRUTE: 212, BURN: 0, TOX: 0, OXY: 0.666667, CLONE: 0) (Central Primary Hallway (106,116,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:52.804] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -105.2)  (Central Primary Hallway (107,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:54.786] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has grabbed *no key*/(Lamb De Silence) passive grab (NEWHP: -105.2)  (Central Primary Hallway (107,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:56.261] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked *no key*/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -118.2)  (Central Primary Hallway (105,114,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:57.592] ATTACK: *no key*/(Lamb De Silence) has suffered: Rough Abrasion | Damage: 13 (rolled 28/36.2678) | WB: -15 | BWB: 15 (Central Primary Hallway (104,114,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:57.592] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked *no key*/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -127.9)  (Central Primary Hallway (103,114,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:59.574] ATTACK: *no key*/(Lamb De Silence) has suffered: Rough Abrasion | Damage: 13 (rolled 33/36.2678) | WB: -15 | BWB: 15 (Central Primary Hallway (102,113,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:59.575] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked *no key*/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -140.9)  (Medbay Central (101,112,2))
[2021-02-08 02:00:02.091] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked *no key*/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -153.9)  (Medbay Central (100,109,2))

Soon after that the mime is dragged into medbay and getting fixed

[2021-02-08 02:02:03.503] ATTACK: AnotherAdvent/(Graham Steele) has operated on PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) (OPERATION TYPE: Tend Wounds (Bruises, Basic)) (TARGET AREA: chest) (NEWHP: -153.9)  (Medbay Treatment Center (85,103,2))

Around 5 minutes after the whole incident clown has commited suicide, after claiming that the "bitchass mime" tried to get admins on his ass

[2021-02-08 02:01:04.967] SAY: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) "Bitchass mime is trying to sic the gods on me" (Medbay Treatment Center (86,101,2))
[2021-02-08 02:05:03.795] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) (job: Clown) committed suicide (Fore Primary Hallway (107,156,2))
[2021-02-08 02:05:03.805] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has died (BRUTE: 49.2, BURN: 47.97, TOX: 2, OXY: 100.83, CLONE: 0) (Fore Primary Hallway (107,156,2))
You responded to mime shoving by shoving him back and kicking onto his side, after this mime had hit you once with a pot plant and yakety saxed away. Around 7 minutes after that you found him, bolad him, threw spears at him then killed him, without him fighting back. During the whole conflict you didn't try to tell him to stop being an asshole, just declared that you would kill him which in my opinion would open you up to more escalation from mime's side. Next time you should stop at critting and bola is pretty much overkill for someone who had hit you only once for 10 hp and didnt steal anything from you.
Edit: I did a bad as Malkraz pointed out and I am really sorry about that, old version here:
Spoiler:
Lets strighten things up a bit.

as we can see, it all started in the Theater Backstage, clown started shoving mime and they threw creampies at eachother, this encounter ends with clown getting attacked with a potted plant

[2021-02-08 01:50:45.055] ATTACK: PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) has shoved Stonefight/(Scringlebop) (NEWHP: 100)  (Theater (147,124,2))
[2021-02-08 01:50:46.579] ATTACK: PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) has shoved Stonefight/(Scringlebop) (NEWHP: 100)  (Theater (148,123,2))
[2021-02-08 01:50:52.924] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has thrown the banana cream pie  (Theater (150,123,2))
[2021-02-08 01:50:54.756] ATTACK: PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) has thrown the banana cream pie  (Theater (148,123,2))
[2021-02-08 01:50:55.499] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has thrown the banana cream pie  (Theater (150,123,2))
[2021-02-08 01:50:55.520] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has threw and hit PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with the banana cream pie (NEWHP: 100)  (Theater (150,123,2))
[2021-02-08 01:50:56.575] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has shoved PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with onto the wooden table (table) (NEWHP: 100)  (Theater (149,123,2))
[2021-02-08 01:51:03.292] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has shoved PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with knocking them down (NEWHP: 100)  (Theater (147,124,2))
[2021-02-08 01:51:04.828] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has kicks PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with onto their side (paralyzing) (NEWHP: 100)  (Theater (147,126,2))
[2021-02-08 01:51:04.829] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has shoved PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) (NEWHP: 100)  (Theater (147,126,2))
[2021-02-08 01:51:13.929] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has thrown the soap  (Bar (138,131,2))
[2021-02-08 01:51:26.845] ATTACK: PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) has attacked Stonefight/(Scringlebop) with Potty the Potted Plant (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 0) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 90)  (Central Primary Hallway (126,129,2))

[2021-02-08 01:51:39.211] SAY: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) "Today I will kill the mime" (Central Primary Hallway (127,130,2))

Around a minute after that mime goes to robocitist and gets fully auged, that process took around 5~6 minutes

[2021-02-08 01:52:41.134] ATTACK: PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) has climbed onto [operating table] (Robotics Lab (118,94,2))
[2021-02-08 01:54:40.888] ATTACK: Frenchoskeet/(Troy Fiscina) has augmented PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) by giving him new head COMBAT MODE: 0 (NEWHP: 100)  (Robotics Lab (117,94,2))
[2021-02-08 01:54:51.792] ATTACK: Frenchoskeet/(Troy Fiscina) has augmented PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) by giving him new chest COMBAT MODE: 0 (NEWHP: 100)  (Robotics Lab (117,94,2))
[2021-02-08 01:55:27.136] ATTACK: Frenchoskeet/(Troy Fiscina) has augmented PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) by giving him new right arm COMBAT MODE: 0 (NEWHP: 100)  (Robotics Lab (117,93,2))
[2021-02-08 01:56:00.491] ATTACK: Frenchoskeet/(Troy Fiscina) has augmented PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) by giving him new left arm COMBAT MODE: 0 (NEWHP: 100)  (Robotics Lab (117,94,2))
[2021-02-08 01:56:45.299] ATTACK: Frenchoskeet/(Troy Fiscina) has augmented PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) by giving him new right leg COMBAT MODE: 0 (NEWHP: 100)  (Robotics Lab (117,94,2))
[2021-02-08 01:57:13.403] ATTACK: Frenchoskeet/(Troy Fiscina) has augmented PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) by giving him new left leg COMBAT MODE: 0 (NEWHP: 100)  (Robotics Lab (117,93,2))

Clown has bola'd mime then started throwing a spear at him, around 7 minutes from the start of the "conflict"

[2021-02-08 01:58:54.297] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has thrown the bola  (Medbay Central (103,109,2))
[2021-02-08 01:58:54.299] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has threw and hit PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with the bola (NEWHP: 100)  (Medbay Central (103,109,2))
[2021-02-08 01:58:55.422] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has thrown the spear  (Medbay Central (103,109,2))
[2021-02-08 01:58:55.423] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has threw and hit PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with the spear (NEWHP: 100)  (Medbay Central (103,109,2))
[2021-02-08 01:58:55.426] ATTACK: PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) has suffered: Rough Abrasion | Damage: 15 (rolled 43/44.3127) (Medbay Central (104,109,2))
[2021-02-08 01:58:57.405] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has thrown the spear  (Medbay Central (103,109,2))
[2021-02-08 01:58:57.407] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has threw and hit PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with the spear (NEWHP: 88.8)  (Medbay Central (103,109,2))
[2021-02-08 01:58:59.145] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has threw and hit PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with the spear (NEWHP: 73.8)  (Medbay Central (104,109,2))

Conflict between the clown and the mime was pretty much onesided. Clown threw the spear at the mime few times, then knocked him down, attacked him some more, dragged out a medibot and killed the mime after shoving him onto a table

[2021-02-08 01:59:05.952] ATTACK: PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) has suffered: Rough Abrasion | Damage: 31 (rolled 58/122.435) | WB: -15 | BWB: 15 (Aft Primary Hallway (107,109,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:05.953] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has threw and hit PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with the spear (NEWHP: 31.5)  (Aft Primary Hallway (106,109,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:10.369] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has shoved PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) (NEWHP: 31.5)  (Aft Primary Hallway (106,109,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:14.581] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has shaken PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) (NEWHP: 31.5)  (Aft Primary Hallway (107,108,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:21.174] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has shoved PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with onto the glass table (table) (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Research Division (114,109,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:23.681] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has kicks PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with onto their side (paralyzing) (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Research Division (113,112,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:23.682] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has shoved PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Research Division (113,112,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:24.875] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has grabbed PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) passive grab (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (113,113,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:28.046] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has grabbed PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) aggressive grab (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Research Division (113,110,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:28.051] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has broke grab PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Research Division (113,110,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:28.990] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has shoved PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Research Division (113,112,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:31.735] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has thrown the bola  (Central Primary Hallway (111,114,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:31.826] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has threw and hit PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with the bola (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (111,114,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:32.811] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has shoved PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (109,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:34.268] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has shoved PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with knocking them down (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (107,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:36.257] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has kicks PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with onto their side (paralyzing) (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (107,114,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:36.258] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has shoved PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (107,114,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:37.461] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has kicked PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) (NEWHP: 28.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (107,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:38.763] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has kicked PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) (NEWHP: 17.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (107,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:40.434] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 12.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (107,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:41.454] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -0.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (106,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:42.546] ATTACK: PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) has suffered: Rough Abrasion | Damage: 13 (rolled 28/36.2678) | WB: -15 | BWB: 15 (Central Primary Hallway (106,116,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:42.547] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -13.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (106,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:43.676] ATTACK: PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) has suffered: Rough Abrasion | Damage: 13 (rolled 33/36.2678) | WB: -15 | BWB: 15 (Central Primary Hallway (106,116,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:43.677] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -26.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (106,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:45.005] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -39.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (106,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:46.096] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -52.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (106,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:47.198] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -65.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (106,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:48.337] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -78.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (106,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:49.761] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has grabbed *no key*/(Inspector Johnson) passive grab (NEWHP: 20)  (Central Primary Hallway (106,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:51.410] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -91.5)  (Central Primary Hallway (107,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:52.799] ATTACK: PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) has suffered: Rough Abrasion | Damage: 13 (rolled 29/36.2678) | WB: -15 | BWB: 15 (Central Primary Hallway (106,116,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:52.804] ATTACK: PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) has died (BRUTE: 212, BURN: 0, TOX: 0, OXY: 0.666667, CLONE: 0) (Central Primary Hallway (106,116,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:52.804] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -105.2)  (Central Primary Hallway (107,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:54.786] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has grabbed *no key*/(Lamb De Silence) passive grab (NEWHP: -105.2)  (Central Primary Hallway (107,115,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:56.261] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked *no key*/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -118.2)  (Central Primary Hallway (105,114,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:57.592] ATTACK: *no key*/(Lamb De Silence) has suffered: Rough Abrasion | Damage: 13 (rolled 28/36.2678) | WB: -15 | BWB: 15 (Central Primary Hallway (104,114,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:57.592] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked *no key*/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -127.9)  (Central Primary Hallway (103,114,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:59.574] ATTACK: *no key*/(Lamb De Silence) has suffered: Rough Abrasion | Damage: 13 (rolled 33/36.2678) | WB: -15 | BWB: 15 (Central Primary Hallway (102,113,2))
[2021-02-08 01:59:59.575] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked *no key*/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -140.9)  (Medbay Central (101,112,2))
[2021-02-08 02:00:02.091] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has attacked *no key*/(Lamb De Silence) with spear (Wielded) (COMBAT MODE: 1) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -153.9)  (Medbay Central (100,109,2))

Soon after that the mime is dragged into medbay and getting fixed

[2021-02-08 02:02:03.503] ATTACK: AnotherAdvent/(Graham Steele) has operated on PwntQ/(Lamb De Silence) (OPERATION TYPE: Tend Wounds (Bruises, Basic)) (TARGET AREA: chest) (NEWHP: -153.9)  (Medbay Treatment Center (85,103,2))

Around 5 minutes after the whole incident clown has commited suicide, after claiming that the "bitchass mime" tried to get admins on his ass

[2021-02-08 02:01:04.967] SAY: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) "Bitchass mime is trying to sic the gods on me" (Medbay Treatment Center (86,101,2))
[2021-02-08 02:05:03.795] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) (job: Clown) committed suicide (Fore Primary Hallway (107,156,2))
[2021-02-08 02:05:03.805] ATTACK: Stonefight/(Scringlebop) has died (BRUTE: 49.2, BURN: 47.97, TOX: 2, OXY: 100.83, CLONE: 0) (Fore Primary Hallway (107,156,2))
In my opinion you shouldn't have attacked the mime after ONE hit with the goddamn pot, you could've also told him to fuck off and it would be a good way of getting closer to proper escalation, what you did was pretty much poor. not only you started the whole conflict with the fight in the theatre, but you also killed someone who did not even try to fight back :joy: Please do better next time
Last edited by Sparkezel on Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #589849

The logs you posted show the Mime instigating with shoves, not the Clown.
Sparkezel
Byond Username: SparkezelPL

Post by Sparkezel » #589851

Yeah thats a real bad on my side in this case and I am sincerely sorry about that. Please allow me to edit my post and ending statement.
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #589865

Escalation policy is pretty clear that you are allowed to retaliate with lethal force if hit with lethal force. However it's a pretty dick move to use being hit once earlier to justify ambushing and killing them.

That fight between yourself and the mime was over after both of you left to go do whatever and cool-down. It doesn't really matter who started the first fight, what matters is you started the second one which is you just killing the mime as a non-antagonist.

A one day ban for poor escalation would have been justified as this is the second time in a week you've shown similar bad habits in regards to it. Please in the future try to shrug off slights like this. Walking around with a plan to valid everyone you meet is a trap many, many players fall into and it usually ends with a perma. An end like that is something I desperately don't want you to fall into.

This note will be upheld.