josef_nape

josef nape banned by nianjillical

Post by josef_nape » #591115

[<nianjillical>]
BYOND account: josef_nape
Character name: joseph nape
Ban type: Server/Role/OOC/etc server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: made ic joke about being 13 when asked admited to being 17. seems like a palyer geuinly does want to follow the rules but tgstation a hard 18+.
Time ban was placed: 2021-02-08
Server you were playing on when banned: unsure
Round ID in which ban was placed: 155926
Your side of the story: turning 18 on 2/18/2021 i was born on 2/17/2003
Why you think you should be unbanned: turning 18 towmarrow. dont really have anything else to do so i kinda just wanna play ss13 for a while hope i become a antag or something.
Anything else we should know: if you dont belive im turning 18 towmarrow i can wait the full year ban or jsut randomly make a peal in a month. but im genuine about me birthday being towmarrow. and i just wanna play some ss13 towmarrow night
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Re: josef nape banned by nianjillical

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #591122

DISREGARD THIS then, old news I suppose.
Last edited by XivilaiAnaxes on Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #591129

Please do not send personal or identifying information to anyone, admin or otherwise.

We really no longer ask this of players because it's dangerous to ask a player to self-dox even to a minor extent to prove something over a video game ban.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #591273

as mentioned before, theres no real way to verify when your birthday is since its a matter of (well-justified) policy to avoid asking for personal information

given this is the second time you've made this appeal in such a short period of time and how the prior conversaions went, it's really hard to take your word that you're just now turning 18, since you said the same thing in the last appeal

i'd be willing to lower the ban duration to 6 months if headmins are okay with that since there's at least a 50% chance you actually would be 18 by then (assuming you actually are 17 now) but for now i don't see this ban being lifted

all that said there are plenty of other servers out there and id highly recommend you search around for some, im sure you'll find a good tg alternative
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
josef_nape

Post by josef_nape » #591301

so its denied? i know theres no real way to prove im 18. i really just wanna play today nothing else to do. if its a no its fine. but it would be cool
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #591606

josef_nape wrote:so its denied? i know theres no real way to prove im 18. i really just wanna play today nothing else to do. if its a no its fine. but it would be cool
yeah i'm going to call this one denied for now, sorry
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #591679

As Nianjiilical has suggested I would like to step in and endorse to split the difference. Please appeal again in 6 months instead of the regular 12 months. Proving age is tricky while still respecting everybody's anonymity and puts us in an odd position. While I know it is no solace to the current ban but I hope it makes waiting a little easier.

Godspeed for now space cowboy.