[ArcaneDefence] serxule - ban (i am retard)

Appeals which have been closed.
serxule
Byond Username: Serxule

[ArcaneDefence] serxule - ban (i am retard)

Post by serxule » #592853

BYOND account: serxule
Character name: Taro Martins
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 3 days
Ban reason: As captain set up a field generator on tramstation which blew up the tram and killed someone, despite making no efforts to deescalate the situation, which was just a clown riding the tram back and forth. Player doesn't understand how their actions negatively impact the experience of others. Don't grief a station just because you feel like it.
Time ban was placed: 2021-02-23 21:41:12
Server you were playing on when banned: Basil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 156998
Your side of the story: clown using tram to cause a lotta harm, also xenos, make shield wall to block xenos (and stop clown if they rammed it into the shield), warn people to not be on the tram, someone uses tram into the shield wall, tram boom they die, (also this is a small part of the station and causes little damage)
Why you think you should be unbanned: gonna be honest yeah this was really just retarded on my part and I had really no defence for it, although I think just a command/head roles ban would be better because if I don't have access to do retarded things (like making a shield wall) then I cant do them and don't feel like doing them. I also wasn't doing it "just because" because there was a reason for it, maybe not a good one but there was. honestly, I do a lot of stupid shit as head so I think it'd be good for the future too. not sure if the 3-day ban will be removed but a head role permban still seems good

(i need to not be so stupid because I probably look like I lied to get unbanned, sorry coffee)
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Re: [ArcaneDefence] serxule - ban (i am retard)

Post by ArcaneDefence » #592880

"I warned people to not be on the tram, so it's ok that I grief the tram." Is retarded, because we don't allow people to blow up the central primary hallway after giving a warning. It's shit behavior that needs to stop, and clearly the easiest way to get it to stop is to ban people.

Consider learning to talk things out or find alternatives to petty IC grievances that don't involve jumping to sabotaging the station's infrastructure like a domestic terrorist at the first perceived opportunity.
Here's a little bit of light reading that might be helpful for that. https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Guide_to_avoiding_bans

" gonna be honest yeah this was really just retarded on my part and I had really no defence for it"
" honestly, I do a lot of stupid shit as head so I think it'd be good for the future too. not sure if the 3-day ban will be removed but a head role permban still seems good"
Is this appeal just asking for an additional command role ban? I'm not sure if that's the case.
serxule

Post by serxule » #592881

ArcaneDefence wrote:"I warned people to not be on the tram, so it's ok that I grief the tram." Is retarded, because we don't allow people to blow up the central primary hallway after giving a warning. It's shit behavior that needs to stop, and clearly the easiest way to get it to stop is to ban people.

Consider learning to talk things out or find alternatives to petty IC grievances that don't involve jumping to sabotaging the station's infrastructure like a domestic terrorist at the first perceived opportunity.
Here's a little bit of light reading that might be helpful for that. https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Guide_to_avoiding_bans

" gonna be honest yeah this was really just retarded on my part and I had really no defence for it"
" honestly, I do a lot of stupid shit as head so I think it'd be good for the future too. not sure if the 3-day ban will be removed but a head role permban still seems good"
Is this appeal just asking for an additional command role ban? I'm not sure if that's the case.
yeah, either add the command role ban on or swap the 3 day ban for command role ban, but I usually do more dumb shit as command. (is AI considered command staff? i still wanna play AI)
ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #592890

I have no problem with applying a ban like that if that's what you want, but the most I'm willing to even consider in reducing the server ban by is a day or two.

It's a test merged map with code that is unique to itself as the focal point of the map. We don't need people playing poorly so that the experience is worsened and the people working on providing that experience are short changed their chance to make things nice because people keep kicking the sandcastle over, as this is starting to seem to be a trend in the community.
We clearly need to hold people accountable for their actions
serxule

Post by serxule » #592904

ArcaneDefence wrote:I have no problem with applying a ban like that if that's what you want, but the most I'm willing to even consider in reducing the server ban by is a day or two.
yeah i'd still like the command ban, shortening the ban is up to you.
ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #592912

Alright, the requested permanent command role ban has been placed, which does not include AI, and the server ban has been reduced to a day.