Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

[Sylphet]Malkraz - Nonsense Rule 11 Note Appeal

Post by Malkraz » #594180

BYOND account: Malkraz
Character name: Rock Steel
Ban type: Note
Ban length: N/A
Ban reason: Warned for rule 11 - OOC: Malkraz: >>sub-saharan IQ medtards "DAH MIMI ALMOST KII HOSSY HEPL MEEEE!!!"
Time ban was placed: 2021-03-02 13:03:06
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 157428
Your side of the story: I was seething at dopey med players for typical med player shenanigans. After the round had ended, I claimed they had low IQs by using a region of the world I was aware had low IQ grades statistically.
The only person injecting race into this is Sylphet, what the hell would ">Netherlands IQ medtards" mean? Who would understand if I said ">Mississippi IQ medtards" (lowest average US state)? Would I still be Rule 11'd?
You are the one injecting racial demographics into this, I just based it on the number because it was funny hyperbole.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Unless calling someone low IQ is considered bigotry on tgstation now, nothing I said was bigoted, nor did I "Intentionally seek to demean others due to their actual or perceived race, sex, gender, orientation or the like."
References of good conduct: Qbmax
Anything else we should know: Qbmax still has not drank his own piss
Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Re: [Sylphet]Malkraz - Nonsense Rule 11 Note Appeal

Post by Sylphet » #594184

You attacked the intelligence of half a continent in OOC. Even if your intention wasn't racist, you openly discriminated against people from sub saharan africa by implying that they're unintelligent. Heated gaming moments are not a defence, this is denied.
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=27175
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #594185

Sylphet wrote:You attacked the intelligence of half a continent in OOC. Even if your intention wasn't racist, you openly discriminated against people from sub saharan africa by implying that they're unintelligent.
My statement is not against Rule 11, nor is it factually untrue (but please keep this relevant), nor was my statement expressly OOC because I was referring to players from the previous round. Please present some precedent/ruling for this.
Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Post by Sylphet » #594193

Malkraz wrote:This is not against Rule 11, nor is it factually untrue (but please keep this relevant), nor was my statement expressly OOC because I was referring to players from the previous round. Please present some precedent/ruling for this.
Bigotry is not allowed.
Intentionally seeking to demean others due to their actual or perceived race, sex, gender, orientation or the like is not tolerated.
It is not our goal to create or enforce a list of banned words and instead our goal to eject bigotry from the community. Enforcement will be less PC based and more common sense based with that goal in mind.
The above rule applies to ALL OOC bigotry, even when expressed in IC. There is no racism in 2561, just species-ism, There is no homophobia, just xenophiliapobia, etc.
Admins are encouraged to use rule 1 to deal with instances where """IC""" bigotry is excessive or designed as a mask for ooc bigotry.
Yeah, no. You intentionally chose to demean others for the place where they are from and tied their intelligence to that. When I challenged you on this in the ticket, your reply was only the word : stats. I think that you know exactly why you said this and are using statistics as a thin shield for why you're actually saying it. You admitted yourself in this appeal that there are other places that would work for your example, and I think that it's significant that sub saharan africa was the first thing that came to your mind when others also came to you so easily.
nor is it factually untrue
And you're still doing it in the appeal. Please spare me the race science.

This is not a ban. This is a note. It's a record of a warning. If you actually don't have a problem with saying bigoted things on our servers, like you have done here, it will never be a concern for you.
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=27175
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #594199

Sylphet wrote:Yeah, no. You intentionally chose to demean others for the place where they are from and tied their intelligence to that.
I chose a place I was aware had low IQ grades relative to others, as I explained to you. This is not against Rule 11 and you have 0 precedent for this.
When I challenged you on this in the ticket, your reply was only the word : stats.
Because I'm not getting into an argument over IQ statistics with you in an ahelp about dumb medics, that's retarded.
I think that you know exactly why you said this and are using statistics as a thin shield for why you're actually saying it.
As off-topic as it is, you're free to search "From: Malkraz "nigger"" in the discord to see how hard I try to hide myself using gamer words. This, as well, is not against Rule 11 as it has been enforced up until now.
You admitted yourself in this appeal that there are other places that would work for your example, and I think that it's significant that sub saharan africa was the first thing that came to your mind when others also came to you so easily.
I used these examples because nobody knows what the fuck Netherlands average IQ is (or cares), nor does "Mississippi IQ" make anybody laugh unless you want to go look it up afterwards. As I said before, I used "sub-saharan" because it's a region commonly known to be low relative to others so people immediately knew I was calling the medics low IQ.
Not that my reasoning even fucking matters, because this isn't an IQ debate. I was using it as a hyperbolic springboard to shit on players being stupid.
Malkraz wrote:nor is it factually untrue
And you're still doing it in the appeal. Please spare me the race science.
You are the only one injecting race into this nonsense. I referred to a region of the world and I'm not going out of my way to look up its demographics because it's entirely irrelevant to me shitting on med dopes.
This is not a ban. This is a note. It's a record of a warning. If you actually don't have a problem with saying bigoted things on our servers, like you have done here, it will never be a concern for you.
Which you'll use to justify a full-on ban later on like you did with Banana Harm Intent. Stack on technically non-rule breaking notes until you can just use the amount of notes to justify a Rule 1.
I'll also remind you that we can still use naughty language like "retard" or "nigger" on the server in insulting ways towards each other, as Rule 11 allows.
As you haven't added anything useful to this in the form of precedent to demonstrate I actually broke a rule, I'd like a headmin to weigh in instead.
Last edited by Malkraz on Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #594200

I should remind Malkraz that, in order for a note to be declared invalid, it either must be 1) completely false or 2) not a violation of the rules.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #594202

Vekter wrote: 2) not a violation of the rules.
Thanks
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #594262

MSO wrote:Enforcement will be less PC based and more common sense based with that goal in mind.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #594273

Code: Select all

OOC: Malkraz: >>sub-saharan IQ medtards "DAH MIMI ALMOST KII HOSSY HEPL MEEEE!!!"
There is literally no other way to interpret this than you intentionally meaning to demean a group of people. Then you try and defend being racist by citing statistics. We don't care if you're racist, we care about players expressing bigotry like you've done here.

This is just a note. It is both factually correct and is a clear violation of rule 11 so it will be upheld.