[thunder12345] exymian- note appeal

Post by exymian » #595604

BYOND account: exymian
Character name: Mehmed Miller
Ban type: Note
Note reason: https://gyazo.com/a0293bedae31bbab0f803a7ada1eea6e
Time note was placed: 2021-03-15 21:54:16
Server you were playing on when you were noted: Terry
Round ID in which note was placed: 158292(i think)
Your side of the story: I was an engineering assigned officer, i went into engineering and i saw a lizard mime named "Lusty Argonian Made" with a wig and witch robes. I watched them make over 10 screwdrivers while throwing each one away, i say " what the fuck are you doing erper" and stamcrit then get their bag for a search while he does a *me is looking for a red screwdriver. They get up and shove me which i ignore but they head into sm area and i see they have access. I ask if ce was the one that gave "the retarded mime" access which they heard and got furious. He went on my right to shove me into a glass table which i move out of and fails. I baton em once and carry on. I stamcrit and cuff them after they try to do that again but this time it was closer.

Now, i take this fella to hop cuffed to ask if he was the one that gave access while punching them because of the table shove attempts. On the way he types something along the lines of "thinks mehmed is a faggot and should kill himself" which is hilarious as how mad he got so i punch him because why not and he shouldnt be this mad for being arrested. Now the captain comes in and says " i have the highest authority jackboot" and i ask if he is from manuel because of his weird speech. That is all that happened.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Unnecessary, illogical note.
Anything else we should know:

Now for why i appealed is, the admin called me an asshole for calling this guy an erp'er on a server where n word and "f word" is frequent while also people using n word derivatives to other races. I have no idea i got sent a paragraph for the incident and stating "dragging a mime around in cuffs" while i had a legitimate reason. After the admin responds to my message with another paragraph i ask for him to wait because i was busy in game and couldn't type which while writing my response gets marked as resolved.

I think the note given was absurd, the admin defending the lizard and calling me an asshole for calling the lizard en erp'er when he tells me to kill myself. Plus,marking an ongoing ticket as resolved while i am busy writing a response is not kosher. I reply regardless which you can maybe see in the logs if you decide to check them.

Here is the ticket; https://atlantaned.space/banbus/mytickets/158289/7 , its hilarious
Last edited by exymian on Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Re: [thunder12345] exymian- note appeal

Post by Thunder11 » #595607

A note is a factual record of an event, in this case recording what happened, and that you’ve been asked to refrain from behaving similarly towards people in the future. The fact you repeatedly referred to someone as an "erper" while dragging then around in cuffs and beating them up is already concerning. Combining this with your telling the captain to go back to Manuel when he quite correctly stated that he outranked you, and your similar request in ahelps to send someone back to skyrat, there is a very strong impression that you are doing this out of some kind of toxic Terry elitism. Other players wanting to follow a slightly higher standard of RP than you is not a justification to shit on them. While the mime‘s emotes are pushing it, that is an administrative issue, and not something you should take it upon yourself to punish IC. I see no reason why this note is not factually correct and reflective of why you were spoken to.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
exymian
Byond Username: Exymian

Post by exymian » #595646

I don't know if we are gonna go back and forth on this. I'll just reply to clarify things.

After i cuffed them, i took them to ce to ask if they gave access and then we went to hops office for the same reason. I didn't deliberately drag them around like you are wording it. I had a legitimate reason, i have nothing personal against this guy.

Me telling people to go to another server is because terry is an lrp server. There is no reason for them to come in and try to force me to rp. I did not tell them to go back because terry player nitpicking/elitism or whatever, i just think they have the wrong idea of playing in here. There were some high influx of players like this that came yesterday and did a court or whatever and i did not care as i was not involved. I was just giving people the most lrp response by doing ooc ic.

I didn't see a reason for me to ahelp when i can just handle it ic with a little bullying. This is lrp, i dont want to involve staff for no reason like this "lusty argonian made" did by ahelping and you trying to create a safe place/bubble for him is ridiculous when he is worse, if not, as bad as me. This would be the same as me ahelping because someone called me an n-word on terry. It just doesn't make any sense. If he wanted to kill me in game, sure i wouldn't mind like i didn't mind him telling me to kill myself in me command. This player is playing in terry with wrong intentions which i would tell them to leave if i could. Again, its not nitpicking people, its just that they have the wrong expectations, their playstyle doesn't fit and they would eventually get mad and frustrated.

I don't even know why you took him seriously with that ic name.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #595666

exymian wrote:This is lrp, i dont want to involve staff for no reason like this "lusty argonian made" did by ahelping
Other players have a right to adminhelp when they feel that something is wrong, you not wanting to involve admins does not exclude the other party from doing so.
exymian wrote:This player is playing in terry with wrong intentions which i would tell them to leave if i could.
This is a very terry elitist thing to say, stop mistreating people because you don't like their preferred playstyle.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #595675

actual round ID was 158289
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #595695

The appropriate reaction to someone being somewhere they shouldn't be is to detain them, find out if they have access, then either brig them if they don't for B&E or find out why they have access. Not to cuff them and drag them around while beating them.

Also I agree with Thunder, quit this server elitism bullshit. It's awful.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
exymian

Post by exymian » #595698

Thats what i did though, i cuffed them and first we went to ce, then we went to hop's office which then cap took them from me there.
Last edited by exymian on Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
exymian

Post by exymian » #595699

Alright i'll quit telling people to go whereever but that mime deserved the punches and name calling for sure.
Thunder11 wrote:
exymian wrote:This is lrp, i dont want to involve staff for no reason like this "lusty argonian made" did by ahelping
Other players have a right to adminhelp when they feel that something is wrong, you not wanting to involve admins does not exclude the other party from doing so.

So you are telling me if i ahelp someone for saying the n word or whatever you are gonna bwoink them ? Theres no way.
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #595706

The mime using /me to talk is arguably punishable by admins but doesn't actually make him valid.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 33&t=28035 - Policy thread
exymian

Post by exymian » #595708

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:The mime using /me to talk is arguably punishable by admins but doesn't actually make him valid.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 33&t=28035 - Policy thread

bro why the fuck are you all misunderstanding. I bullied him because he was furious and told me to kill myself in me command. It would have been even funnier if the degen broke his vow of silence but yea. this note appeal is more like a what the fuck instead of a request for the note removal.

what the mime did is basically ahelping sec officers for killing them when they broke into brig like what
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #595743

In order to successfully appeal a note, you either have to prove that the note is untruthful or unwarranted. You've done neither here.

Given the back and forth in the thread I'm locking this until a headmin wants to weigh in, because Thunder's not removing it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you