[namelessfairy] LordAgyrius - Breach of Law 1

Appeals which have been closed.
LordAgyrius
Byond Username: LordAgyrius

[namelessfairy] LordAgyrius - Breach of Law 1

Post by LordAgyrius » #596370

-BYOND account: LordAgyrius
-Character name: The Borg I was playing was named A.M.O.N.
-Ban type: AI, Cyborg, pAI
-Ban length: 10080 minutes
-Ban reason: 158854 - As an asimov borged attacked a traitor. When ahelped and told it was not ok they continued to do so.
-Time ban was placed: 2021-03-24 12:16:29
-Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
-Round ID in which ban was placed: 158854
-Your side of the story: When the whole ordeal begun I was in Robotics with the roboticist and I dont remember what job the other person had.....I was there getting some Upgrades for mining purposes when all of the sudden someone was breaking the window in the counter to forcefully gain access in. We all gathered there to face the one breaching into the lab and when they did the started attacking, I was flashed in the middle of the hallway outside and when I regained system control I saw the attacker in the process of killing one of the people that were along me, (Now this is where the breach in my laws happened) I used my PKA and attempted to cause harm to the attacker in order to protect the crew member they were in process of killing....Which was entirely a breach of laws and by extension rules....Also the only detail I would like to change is that i did not notice there being an instance of someone telling me to stop and the attacker stunned me multiple time giving them enough time to tell me to stop. Looking into that round's textI found absolutely nobody else telling me to stop. Other than ghosts observing ...Also some of them said I was making a false judgment in thinking they were a traitor...but at the same time what law abiding crew member tries to murder everyone that up until now were doing their work with no signs of deviancy.... after breaking a wall to get into a room by force.... But attacking them still is a breach of Law 1 and I accept that.
-Why you think you should be unbanned: It is very clear I broke the rules and I am severely sorry for doing so, my only excuse for this behavior is that I've seen plenty of laws stating instances where (-person- is not considered human) happened and thought that automatically traitors were considered non-Human....Since the idea of standing idle while crew members where being killed would have been a silly thing to allow....But I now understand that the laws are there more than to give that wonderous AI aesthetic and to prevent every borg from enacting their Skynet fantasies, but rather to instill a sense of powerlessness to the silicon despite their capabilities, thus bringing a more quality wobot experience. Also I would like to add that Yes I fully know and remember the 3 Laws that each standard AI has to abide with and frequently check for any changes in it, this instance arose from a false interpretation of said rules which I will attempt my best to avoid from happening ever again when my remaining 6 days have passed.
-References of good conduct: I've been told it's alright I leave this blank....Sorry if I had to place something here
Part of this appeal was generated by Banbus 0.8.1
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Re: [namelessfairy] LordAgyrius - Breach of Law 1

Post by NamelessFairy » #596427

Hi, thanks for the appeal, this ban was made longer as you didn't explain yourself when ahelped ingame about it and hence I will be reducing the length of this ban to 3 days now that I've got more information.

In regards to where you stated that you were not told to stop, this was not about being told ICly but rather that you were told in ahelps that you were violating your laws and continued to do so, I'll be upholding the note as it stands.

Please make sure to read through silicon policy fully and if your not sure how laws are interoperated in the future feel free to ask an admin for help.
LordAgyrius
Byond Username: LordAgyrius

Post by LordAgyrius » #596430

I had noticed a message from an admin and in the beginning thought it was directed at me

And so I wrote a "Hello?"
and then I started to think that maybe this wasn't a message directed towards only me but rather a random notification that was shown to everyone mid-game to remind us to report behavior to an admin and such...And so I kinda disregarded it
But I still was looking in the chat in the case I got a reply which I never saw....unfortunately
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master

Post by NamelessFairy » #596432

You can view the ticket in question here https://atlantaned.space/banbus/mytickets/158854/8
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master

Post by NamelessFairy » #596733

The ban has now expired and the note is still truthful in my opinion thus I am considering this to be resolved. If you have anything else to bring up please do so. Otherwise I will be locking this thread tomorrow