Byond Username: Hamurlik

[GamerAndYeahMick] hamurlik - sus ban

Post by hamurlik » #597564

BYOND account: hamurlik
Character name: Ali Suess
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Image
Time ban was placed: 2021-04-07 20:28:58, from the screenshot.
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 159813
Your side of the story: So, for multiple rounds in a row, I play as Ali Suess where I get a bomb suit, full drip outfit, and call everyone sus. This time was no special, I just ran around occasionally tiding and doing jackshit while screaming amogus and sus, you don't need to know more because the ban is only because of the word usage of "amogus" and "sus"
Why you think you should be unbanned: I assume that the reason it is a permaban and not literally anything else is because some days ago I also said "ඞ" a lot in IC, so I got banned for 30 minutes. Image Now, it is not an a appeal of the note, but I will explain what happened anyway.
I found a ඞ symbol, and since I knew that it is just an a letter on an a foreign language, I felt free to say it in IC, same as :) because you just pronounce it "colon closed parentheses", you could think that the character pronounced "na" which is how ඞ is pronounced. But since ඞ is not english, I got banned. I agreed, waited my ban out and stopped saying it in IC, I did still say it in OOC though, of course.

I probably played a few more rounds as the sus guy even before that, in which i got the warnings which are referenced on the screenshot, but I don't remember. What I do remember is that I got a note for playing a russian guy one round, speaking russian only, but got noted (?) and stopped. Also I copy pasted an a arabic copypasta into captain announces once, very funny comedy joke. I don't know why I have OOC IC notes, probably I said round instead of shift (very scary) some long time ago. My memory is shit because playing ss13 takes zero to no effort, so any notes you can find will help.

Now, the permaban. This round was no different of my previous sus rounds, I just said sus and amogus a lot cause I thought that I can say whatever as long as no ඞ for which I was already banned for, so I just had a good round, except I suicided and logged off because I got bored. Then after I had a break I decided to play again, but what I found instead was the permaban. The justification is just plain silly in my opinion, I didn't do anything breaking the rules, yet I get treated as those who do, no warnings or midround bwoinks, unless you count ඞ bwoink as one, but that was a symbol of foreign language, not an a trademarked game. I think I was also messed with in IC with sometimes, fireballs and shit but eh admins do that whenever they want on terry so I didn't care.

Again, how I was supposed to know that I cannot make sus jokes, it's either that you are very biased and nitpicky because you just don't like amogus, or because you want me to only say lore friendly stuff on an a lrp server, and in both cases I did nothing wrong.

References of good conduct: I have not played ss13 since the permaban, because the ban is incredibly recent. But hey, I play a lot of /tg/, I used to play fulp (when terry was down) and bee when I was afraid of toxicity, In fact, I am not banned on any other servers except this one, and I am banned for a meme at that!

Anything else we should know: I will probably stop making sus jokes if I will be unbanned, it's getting old, after all, but holy shit did I have a fun time typing up sus again and again.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: [GamerAndYeahMick] hamurlik - sus ban

Post by MortoSasye » #597574

hamurlik wrote: The justification is just plain silly in my opinion, I didn't do anything breaking the rules, yet I get treated as those who do, no warnings or midround bwoinks, unless you count ඞ bwoink as one, but that was a symbol of foreign language, not an a trademarked game. I think I was also messed with in IC with sometimes, fireballs and shit but eh admins do that whenever they want on terry so I didn't care.
From the rules wiki:

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Main ... thing_else

3. Do not say in character (IC) things in the out of character (OOC) chat channel.
Do not say OOC things in IC either. There is an exception for OOC in IC where terms like 'clickdrag X to Y, or look for the tab' is used to help a player.

hamurlik wrote:Again, how I was supposed to know that I cannot make sus jokes, it's either that you are very biased and nitpicky because you just don't like amogus, or because you want me to only say lore friendly stuff on an a lrp server, and in both cases I did nothing wrong.
Low rp is not no rp.
GamerAndYeahMick
Byond Username: GamerAndYeahMick

Post by GamerAndYeahMick » #597575

Hey there firstly I would like to address the ban length - it is not a permaban I made it that long in error and I fixed it earlier, it is actually 7 days.
Again, how I was supposed to know that I cannot make sus jokes, it's either that you are very biased and nitpicky because you just don't like amogus, or because you want me to only say lore friendly stuff on an a lrp server, and in both cases I did nothing wrong.
You should know because you were already banned for it by me and have been banned for OOC in IC in the past by other admins. Just because there was an April Fool's PR for an emergency meeting doesn't change the fact that it is OOC in IC to say sus 54 times and amogus 7 times, you also fail to see why what you did is wrong so I am denying the appeal and of course headmins can overturn it if they want to
hamurlik

Post by hamurlik » #597580

GamerAndYeahMick wrote:You should know because you were already banned for it by me and have been banned for OOC in IC in the past by other admins.
I don't remember being ever banned for OOC in IC, except the symbol one, but it was for the symbol specifically, no? Is there any place I can look at my bans except the game itself?
GamerAndYeahMick wrote:Just because there was an April Fool's PR for an emergency meeting doesn't change the fact that it is OOC in IC to say sus 54 times and amogus 7 times, you also fail to see why what you did is wrong so I am denying the appeal and of course headmins can overturn it if they want to
I do not understand how it is so harshly taken to have a gimmick, yes it does break the OOC in IC rule now that I think about it, but it does not hurt anyone at all. How is saying amogus and sus give more harsh time than be killing an a innocent player for insulting me, which is a ban for just 1 day? It just doesn't add up man.
GamerAndYeahMick wrote:Hey there firstly I would like to address the ban length - it is not a permaban I made it that long in error and I fixed it earlier, it is actually 7 days.
Well, alright, seems more or less barrable, I didn't check after making the screenshot, I probably wouldn't make the appeal if it was 7 days to begin with.
Last edited by hamurlik on Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
hamurlik

Post by hamurlik » #597582

MortoSasye wrote:From the rules wiki:

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Main ... thing_else

3. Do not say in character (IC) things in the out of character (OOC) chat channel.
Do not say OOC things in IC either. There is an exception for OOC in IC where terms like 'clickdrag X to Y, or look for the tab' is used to help a player.
Yeah actually, but holy shit, how bad it is to play a gimmick saying the "forbidden words", yet oh look manuel already dealt with it by stopping you from saying the gamer word, makes sense for an a mrp server, right? Then why do still low roleplay servers allow saying it but actually not? It is OOC in IC after all, unless you take the npc approach to it and call everyone who plays arcade machines gamer every time.
MortoSasye wrote:Low rp is not no rp.
Have you actually seen someone roleplay on terry? Manuel is the roleplay server, everyone who wants to roleplay plays on manuel to wall themselves off from toxic terry elitists, and everyone who doesn't want to roleplay goes on LRP, and they know what they are getting, nah fuck that, throw in some MRP rules which playerbase doesn't want.

Just saying, I don't play american servers. Maybe they actually roleplay on those, never tried it.
GamerAndYeahMick
Byond Username: GamerAndYeahMick

Post by GamerAndYeahMick » #597586

I don't remember being ever banned for OOC in IC, except the symbol one, but it was for the symbol specifically, no? Is there any place I can look at my bans except the game itself?
You have other warnings and bans for OOC/IC. Check here if you want by authenticating
Statbus:
https://sb.atlantaned.space
I do not understand how it is so harshly taken to have a gimmick, yes it does break the OOC in IC rule now that I think about it, but it does not hurt anyone at all. How is saying amogus and sus give more harsh time than be killing an a innocent player for insulting me, which is a ban for just 1 day? It just doesn't add up man.
I gave you a longer ban because lower ones do not seem to sink in and you have previous history for it (which you can disclose at your own leisure).
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #597592

yet oh look manuel already dealt with it by stopping you from saying the gamer word
This rule is active on all servers, not just Manuel. Also you clearly don't understand it, as it doesn't prevent the use of those words, just their use in a bigoted context.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
hamurlik

Post by hamurlik » #597599

Vekter wrote:
yet oh look manuel already dealt with it by stopping you from saying the gamer word
This rule is active on all servers, not just Manuel. Also you clearly don't understand it, as it doesn't prevent the use of those words, just their use in a bigoted context.
no i mean the one that blocks words like lmao and others, pretty sure gamer is blocked on manuel but not on lrp, can't check though
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #597604

The headmin config changelog is semi public, and from checking myself on live, that's just not the case https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 28#p500750
He's also you know, not talking about the word "Gamer", he's talking about the "gamer word"
hamurlik

Post by hamurlik » #597691

Jimmius
Byond Username: Jimmius

Post by Jimmius » #598012

This looks resolved.