[FatalX1] Morhilo - multiaccounting and metagame

Appeals which have been closed.
morhilo
Byond Username: Morhilo

[FatalX1] Morhilo - multiaccounting and metagame

Post by morhilo » #597798

I was banned from the server for multiaccounting and metagame recently (permanently, will explain later) and I want to appeal the ban here.
I got killed by an antagonist and, not knowing the rules as I am fairly new to the game, went on an alternative account to confront him because I was confused about why he killed me (I did not know the guy in question was an antagonist) and I did not know adminhelp was a thing. I was then teleported by an admin and asked if I multiaccounted to which I responded that I did, not wanting to get in more trouble. He told me I would be banned for a week, which would be enough to read over the rules because I obviously wasn't very familiar with them. I agreed to this and I was banned for a week. I have read over the rules several times now and a week has passed from the day of my banning but I am still not unbanned. Whenever I attempt to connect to Terry, I am met with a message that tells me I have been permanently banned (even though I was promised a one-week ban).
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Re: [FatalX1] Morhilo - multiaccounting and metagame

Post by Fatal » #597801

You might want to update this with the template
Spoiler:
BYOND account: BYOND account
Character name: Character name at time of ban
Ban type: Server/Role/OOC/etc
Ban length: Permanent, 5 days, etc
Ban reason: Copy this from the server. If this is a server ban, attempt to connect. If it is not a server ban, view your notes with "View Admin Remarks" button under OOC tab in-game. An image is suitable, but do **not** paraphrase or otherwise modify the reason.
Time ban was placed: Try to get this from the server when you get the ban reason. If it was a note, the note has a timestamp. If it was a server ban, it will also have a timestamp. Both of these times are in UTC.
Server you were playing on when banned: Server name, eg, Bagil/Sybil/Terry/Event Hall
Round ID in which ban was placed: Round ID, should be present in ban reason from server. Can be excluded if it cannot be found. Example: 101235
Your side of the story: Explain what happened in your own words.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Why should you get this opportunity to return, what value do you bring back to the community? Was your ban unfair? Justify it.
References of good conduct: If serverbanned and **especially** if permabanned, have you played on other servers during the time you were banned? Name them here, in many cases good references of conduct and character can be crucial to a successful appeal. Otherwise, feel free to remove this portion.
Anything else we should know: If you have anything else you feel is relevant to your appeal, include it here. For example, if you have recently been banned from another server, or have had issues in other communities, it may be a preferable to be transparent and address that here, rather than them being brought up during the appeal process. If this section does not apply to you, feel free to remove it.
morhilo
Byond Username: Morhilo

Post by morhilo » #597806

Actually nevermind, I'm just really dumb, I tried to enter on just my alternative account which was perma-banned. Either that, or you unbanned me. Not sure, but thanks, I can enter now.
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #597807

Yes I permabanned your alt account (to make you stick to one account) and the ban was likely crossing over to your main account when you tried to login (that's my fault for forgetting something when I applied the permaban)

I have edited the permaban on the alt to not affect your main account