ErHuezo
Byond Username: ErHuezo

[Isratosh] ErHuezo - Metacomms ban from 2018

Post by ErHuezo » #598035

BYOND account: ErHuezo
Character name: I always used random names so I don't remember
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Metacommunicating with "Shoto Nash" (wordless cultist conversion, etc) after being week-banned for the same thing previously. This player was very reasonable over PM and I left them with some tips on how to use roleplaying to avoid these things in the future if they wish to appeal.
Time ban was placed: 2018-12-19 20:43:53
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 98892
Your side of the story: If I remember correctly, I was playing on Terry with a friend while we both were in a Discord call, I didn't have much experience at the time so when I saw I was a cultist I immediately told my friend, just as the round started. We kept playing the round normally until I met the rest of the cult and we started to build the base in a maint bar near medbay, when I told my friend Shoto Nash about it, he didn't think about it twice and came to me and the cultist I was with at the moment telling us he knew we were cult and that we should convert him (because he had the same experience as me and wanted to play Blood Cult). My cultist partner was obviously confused because Shoto Nash's character had no reason to know that we were cult and even less reason to come to us to get converted so that's when they reported it to the admins. That's the moment Isratosh came in and talked to both Shoto Nash and I, he asked us if we were metacommunicating, the answer was yes, and he acknowledged our lack of experience, gave us some tips (like roleplaying with convincing him to join the cult for free cookies) and then banned us.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Since I was banned in /tg/Station 13, I've been playing on other servers (mainly Yogstation, but I've tried others like Bee and non-conventional servers) and while my trajectory hasn't been clean (I've been banned a few times in Yogstation for killing when I shouldn't have), I've learned a lot about the game in general but specially about rules and the severity of breaking some like Metacomms. I have never been banned again for something like this, all of my problems since then have been IC and I've learned how to controll that too. I want to be unbanned here because I've been watching some SS13 content creators lately ( like Livrah ) and I feel that while Yogs is fun, /tg/ is the best SS13 server right now (in terms of updates, community and moderation team).
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Isratosh] ErHuezo - Metacomms ban from 2018

Post by Vekter » #598048

Hey friend, Isratosh isn't an admin any longer so I'll take this appeal.

Two years is a long time and I've got little issue with letting you back in. Do you understand that we do not tolerate metagaming in any form and doing so again would result in another ban?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
ErHuezo
Byond Username: ErHuezo

Post by ErHuezo » #598056

Vekter wrote:Hey friend, Isratosh isn't an admin any longer so I'll take this appeal.

Two years is a long time and I've got little issue with letting you back in. Do you understand that we do not tolerate metagaming in any form and doing so again would result in another ban?
I totally understand and should get permabanned again if I ever metacomm again.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #598128

Alright, that's enough for me.

You're unbanned, have fun.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you