MentalDecayed
Byond Username: MentalDecayed

[O0cyann0o] MentalDecayed - Ban appeal for civil disobedience

Post by MentalDecayed » #602222

BYOND account: MentalDecayed
Character name: Sammael Macdougal
Ban type: SERVER /OOC/etc
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: After being told not to maxcap the station in order to get revenge on a few people in ahelps proceeded to just do that. Bye bye! Appeal when you can follow the rules and listen to admins.
Time ban was placed: 2021-06-03 02:58:59
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil. i think
Round ID in which ban was placed: Round ID 163398
Your side of the story: During a revolutionary round, i got lynched for NO particular reason by a bunch of revs. I was failed to be converted and then immediately people started slashing me with saws. i escaped. came back disguised to finish my research. Then i was pointed at, no words and a cargo tech and two people from sci gunned me the fuck down for no particular reason. I was then beheaded, looted and my entire round was ruined because of this. If you ask Bebeyoshi, she should remember the round but contacting is not necessary. outside of my little hermit area in toxins, the revs were acting insane. Anyway. I ahelped and cyan responded with na bro this ic. These are revs just using rev status to kill whoever they want. I took offense due to him not even talking to these shitbags. after Tewi podded my body, i had no id, no bag, nothing. and the people who looted me would not give me my stuff back. after i broke back into toxins where i should have had access to, i got my bomb components and asked an admin if i could bomb the shit out of those responsible. he said no. i chose to do it anyway. i was FUMING. i got no consolidation or mercy from just being shat on randomly from temporary antagonists. But, unbeknownst to me, the revolution ended and just general bombing wouldn't be valid. I had to get my frustrations out. preferentially on atomizing one of those people responsible for me getting randomly lynched. so i maxcapped Roxy something. i forget her name. and atomized her body. I was immediately banned by cyan.
Temporary antagonists have NO business keeping loot from bystanders especially after they lose antagonist status. but that's not in the rules so cyan chose not to help me at all.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I was on oxycodone and had metal wires weaved in and out of my ass cheeks since friday the 28th when i had surgery, i haven't been in my right mind. and i humbly apologize for my misconduct. i was very out of line due to my pain causing me great distress every day up to to today june seventh
References of good conduct: Ive been peacibly acting on fulpstation for a few days on and off. bebeyoshi was there a couple rounds. stricter rules mean i need to tone it down a notch and thus i've been trying to accrue good boy points there once more.
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Re: [<O0cyann0o>] MentalDecayed - Ban appeal for civil disobedience

Post by cSeal » #602424

Hello there,

Sorry for the slow response, I wanted to take some time to think about this properly

The original reason I applied this ban was because of your blatant disregard for the rules and a complete lack of consideration for how your actions could affect unrelated people, and nothing in your appeal gives me a shred of confidence that you understand why what you did was wrong or that you wont do something similar. However, because a few people have vouched for you and because you were under a great amount of distress at the time due to health issues, after talking it out with a few other admins I've decided that a permaban is a bit too harsh. Please appeal this ban a month from when it was applied, with a proper reference of good conduct from another server. Let me know if you want me to clarify anything, or further explain my reasoning.
► Show Spoiler
MentalDecayed
Byond Username: MentalDecayed

Post by MentalDecayed » #602428

cSeal wrote:Hello there,

Sorry for the slow response, I wanted to take some time to think about this properly

The original reason I applied this ban was because of your blatant disregard for the rules and a complete lack of consideration for how your actions could affect unrelated people, and nothing in your appeal gives me a shred of confidence that you understand why what you did was wrong or that you wont do something similar. However, because a few people have vouched for you and because you were under a great amount of distress at the time due to health issues, after talking it out with a few other admins I've decided that a permaban is a bit too harsh. Please appeal this ban a month from when it was applied, with a proper reference of good conduct from another server. Let me know if you want me to clarify anything, or further explain my reasoning.
I did try in my best attempts to set that maxcap in an area where firelocks would close between and away from other bystanders unrelated to the incident at hand. i tried my best to minimize collateral casualties. i did have those thoughts in mind. and when i was a ghost i did see it was between two barriers and the effected places were the EVA suits, bridge access and the main hallway between those two sets of firelocks. As for my needless disregard of rules and obedience, i was blindly angry about an injustice done to me. that's really the only thing that sets me off like that
I would like you to elaborate on your reasoning and i thank you very much on being open about this.
If you need good conduct references i'm accruing my good boy points on fulp again since i'm a lot more tame there now.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: [O0cyann0o] MentalDecayed - Ban appeal for civil disobedience

Post by MortoSasye » #602431

Cyan just said above you will need to appeal next month, with a voucher from another server (it can be fulp if you want).
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #602749

MentalDecayed wrote: I did try in my best attempts to set that maxcap in an area where firelocks would close between and away from other bystanders unrelated to the incident at hand. i tried my best to minimize collateral casualties. i did have those thoughts in mind. and when i was a ghost i did see it was between two barriers and the effected places were the EVA suits, bridge access and the main hallway between those two sets of firelocks. As for my needless disregard of rules and obedience, i was blindly angry about an injustice done to me. that's really the only thing that sets me off like that
I would like you to elaborate on your reasoning and i thank you very much on being open about this.
If you need good conduct references i'm accruing my good boy points on fulp again since i'm a lot more tame there now.
My original reasoning was, from my point of view at the time, you decided to use the most damaging method possible in order to get revenge on three specific people despite being told not to, just because you got a bit mad, and the fact that you even asked before you did it and just decided to ignore my answer made me think you would probably just repeat something like this again in spite of any warnings I or other admins would give you. The people who have vouched for you and the situation regarding your health has made me reconsider, it's not enough for me to fully consider letting you back in right away- your time on fulp is a good start, just continue doing what you're doing now with no similar incidents and you'll be golden
► Show Spoiler